IRONTON 55 VS Warren 53 - 1/29 - FINAL

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Re: IRONTON 55 VS Warren 53 - 1/29 - FINAL

Post by Warrior C C »

Congrats to Ironton on a tough road win! Talk about a Coach that gets the best out of his team! Good Luck the rest of the way! On the Warrior side..OUTSTANDING JOB for Mr. Fivecoait(what a dominating effort,) thats showing how strong you are in the paint...very impressive indeed! Bring that kind of effort everytime and you will get the CC AWARD PLAYER OF THE GAME AS YOU DID TONIGHT! Strong showing from Lang on a total game but think he needs to drive to the hole more cause ya got some quickness and strength of your own...Mr. Venham a strong effort but think if you could kick the ball backout when ya get triple teamed it would be a benefit to you, but I guess if you dont have any outside threats to kick it backout to, then I see why ya do what you do...(But has to be another option.). Again proving that without an outside attack that is consistent, Warriors will struggle. Knost played hard and struggled a little inside but with not any threat of shooting from outside of 6 feet, teams will adjust and he will be a non-factor down the stretch. Ellenwood seems to have lost confidence in his shot lately and will be another non-factor if he doesnt get it back.Bringing in the sophomores Hastie and Ward and trying to hit treys in crunchtime with very little playing time isnt the answer either. Warriors could be alot stronger if the bench was used alot more than it has been. An offensive-defensive approach would really make the team alot more productive and get some kids into the flow of the game.The warriors have a strong enough bench that if some kids even got some 3 minute spurts for whatever reason such as ...rebounding(Ellenwood,Cowen,Knost,Venham) Defensive(Henthorn,Lang,Fivecoait,Cowen) Offensive(Venham,Hastie,Ward,Fivecoait) just think with 3 coaches sitting there, that subs for different parts of the game would really strenghthen the Team...(Coach Jackson and I opinions)....Take nothing away from all the kids..They all played their butts off, great all around effort! Should all be proud of that! The athleticism will always keep you into the game, just if the 3 coaches would put their minds together, maybe it will click? Use your bench, keep em fresh, use the weapons each kid has!
Great Job Jv in showing clock management,(Now thats different)! Good job Coach Duckworth! Great all around game for all the boys in the set-up game, always a pleasure to watch! Nice shooting from Leffingwell and Ward and great defense from Cowen and Henthorn! Keep it up boys, payback coming up for your only bump in the road vs Logan! :mrgreen: The sun comes out tmrw!

339 Tiger
Waterboy

Post by 339 Tiger »

Warrior CC.....I do agree on several items you said...it makes more since then alot of the other quotes you have been saying. It was a great test for us and sure there will be some adjustments hopefully? Kids did all play hard and I really loved the JV motion Offense late in the game , and the 2 minute dribbling stall at halfcourt by Ward...lol.
Should just keep getting stronger and then if we get Cunningham back we could be pretty tough, but I do agree that we def could use the BENCH alot better! But dont get used to me being on your side...Maybe Phil Jackson did actually talk to you cause you finally talked with some sense? Good Luck Warriors the rest of the way!

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

CC - your losing your touch! It took somebody over 24 hours to comment on your post. One to many Bartles & James. You talked with NO CENTS!! Go back to sleep!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

anybody notice the writeup in the sunday paper? seems like most sundays rock hill coal grove south point or chesapeake always dominate the front page while ironton gets a sidebar or page 2 at best i thought this was the IRONTON tribune? cant say i care much for walker or the tribune in general..... tigers on the verge of a league title and poor ol rock hill gets a lot more print...

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

tl895 wrote:anybody notice the writeup in the sunday paper? seems like most sundays rock hill coal grove south point or chesapeake always dominate the front page while ironton gets a sidebar or page 2 at best i thought this was the IRONTON tribune? cant say i care much for walker or the tribune in general..... tigers on the verge of a league title and poor ol rock hill gets a lot more print...

I guess the paper couldn't afford a long road trip for a reporter!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

The write up in the Marietta Times for the game consisted of 3 sentences.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:The write up in the Marietta Times for the game consisted of 3 sentences.

For such an imprtant game, it didn't get covered very well in any paper. I think the girls Marietta - Pkbg South make-up basketball game took some reporting resources away from it. The hometown Marietta Tigers boys game at Chilllicothe got four sentences.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

should be called the law county tribune........ the police chief calls em mud now!

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Well considering that most of the readership is outside Ironton I say that it is a pretty smart move to share the wealth of print throughout all the county schools.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I'm sure if you want to call Jim Walker he would have let you make the long trip to Warren tl895 and cover the game and even get you paid for it as a stringer. Saturday, he is putting out the Sunday paper with all county b-ball games in it. He works 7 days a week, 365. He is the only fulltime staff in the sports dept. and I think he does an outstanding job for one person. I do always enjoy the critics on here though.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Mouth's Better Half wrote:I'm sure if you want to call Jim Walker he would have let you make the long trip to Warren tl895 and cover the game and even get you paid for it as a stringer. Saturday, he is putting out the Sunday paper with all county b-ball games in it. He works 7 days a week, 365. He is the only fulltime staff in the sports dept. and I think he does an outstanding job for one person. I do always enjoy the critics on here though.

Walker has my vote........very well said Mouth :!: :!:

Return to “Boys Basketball”