Chesapeake vs Huntington St Joe

ovc fan
Varsity

Chesapeake vs Huntington St Joe

Post by ovc fan »

This one is Tuesday night. For all who had a schedule it has been changed if you didnt know that already. Should be a decent game. St Joe has quickness and size and they beat Oak Hill. But its at the Peake where they continue to win. I hope they dont get as complacent as they were with Coal Grove and all the boys are feeling better. OVC represent! Peake by 12.

buckey fan
Waterboy

Re: Chesapeake vs Huntington St Joe

Post by buckey fan »

OVC fan,
I have seen several of the Chessy games lately and was impressed earlier, but since the last few games they have reverted back to non- team ball with only two players involved in the offence. Their
last good game was @ the SJI against Cabell Midland and All five starters scored in double figures. This was the best team ball all year. Since then, the ball never gets past the wings and is never passed inside or to the corner. The Saunder's kid can score inside and the Kennedy kid can score from inside out and past the three. These guys are not involved in the offence any more. Hope Peake get wise, it is almost tournament time and they won't go far playing like this.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

This is what I dont understand. I am not knocking anybody. Kennedy and Saunders are very good post players. The last game I seen them play, every time they tried to go inside to Kennedy he lost the ball. Saunders is a power inside but 90% of the time he tries a reverse layup instead of going up strong. I hope they do get those two involved more. And I agree wholeheartedly with you. I keep hearing Kennedy can shoot the three....I have watched at least 6 games this year and have yet to see him make one. Any stats on that? They keep doing what they are doing and I agree again, they will have an off night with jumpers and get beat. Seen St Joe play and it will be a 2-3 zone all night. All their coach knows. They have to get some penetration from Hintz and Copley and a few dish-offs. If they can break that zone down in the middle Saunders and Kennedy will both have a big night. The game Friday (not looking ahead) with South Point will be tough for them if they dont get the big guys involved. And if the big guys dont play strong and finish then they are in for a longgggg night that night. Should be a good game both nights. I'm pulling for Peake Tuesday. Friday is a toss up!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

big week for peake... st joe tuesday then sp friday. two big games

SG_23
Waterboy

Post by SG_23 »

The Peake by alot.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Peake but not by more than 15.

OSUFBALL21
Riding the Bench

Post by OSUFBALL21 »

score?

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

60-46 final. They were up by twenty something at one point during the third. Heard their starting PG rolled an ankle before the game and didnt play.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Anybody dosn that way hear the final Rock Hill-River Valley score?

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

wemufans wrote:Peake but not by more than 15.

by 14 so I was really close!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”