TVC-Ohio P.O.Y.???

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Re: TVC-Ohio P.O.Y.???

Post by CoyDuke »

Top 15 from someone who doesn't have an affiliation with just one school.

1. Tate-Belpre
2. Pfaff-Athens
3. Butcher-Athens
4. Valentour-Athens
5. Sims-Belpre
6. Grillo-Vinton
7. Guthrie-Vinton
8. Bobo-Alexander
9. Mitchell-NY
10. Ward-Vinton
11. Lawhead-Vinton
12. Prater-Wellston
13. Bunting-NY
14. Meadows-Alexander
15. Chapman-Alexander

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

Correct me if I'm wrong Player of the year is like MVP, I think it goes to who has the most impact and changes the game for their team. And having watched several games in the TVC with all the names mentioned hands down Corie Butcher is the best I've seen. He can beat you with his drive and has a sdeadly shot from any where on the court. Even games where he didn't get that many points he changed the game because people doubled and were concerned where he was at all times.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I might have to agree with that statement ... BUT ... Frank Valentour has just poured it on lately ... Through the 1st 10 games: I would say Butcher ... During the 2nd half of the season: Valentour ... Most consistent all season: Pfaff

Its just a very tough call ... Im pretty sure one of them will get it ... Maybe Coach Skinner will leave it up to his team to nominate a player - instead of carrying the burden of deciding who on his own shoulders.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:I might have to agree with that statement ... BUT ... Frank Valentour has just poured it on lately ... Through the 1st 10 games: I would say Butcher ... During the 2nd half of the season: Valentour ... Most consistent all season: Pfaff

Its just a very tough call ... Im pretty sure one of them will get it ... Maybe Coach Skinner will leave it up to his team to nominate a player - instead of carrying the burden of deciding who on his own shoulders.

I think Valentour has made the biggest difference to the Bulldogs. I think that if he wasn't in the line up night in and night out the dogs would be a different team. I have seen him play a lot this year and I have been very impressed with him down in the paint. He is all over both ends of the court.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Adam grillow, he is the best in the league he dribble he shoots and he plays defense, he is bonafide.

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

Maybe not POY this year, but the only (future) D1 prospect in the TVC is the Kline kid from Nelsonville. If he puts on a few more inches he will be unstoppable in this league.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

D1???

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

brokenwind wrote:Maybe not POY this year, but the only (future) D1 prospect in the TVC is the Kline kid from Nelsonville. If he puts on a few more inches he will be unstoppable in this league.

I am sure he would like to hear that but REALLY?

The young man is a good ball player but D-1?

....and this is about P.O.Y. this year not down the road.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

O & B ... Remembering my days as a youngster growing up and going to Larry Hunters basketball camps every summer at OU - he always would say "There is room in Division I for players who can shoot the ball from long range - but you have to be either tall enough to get your shot off or have an ultra quick release"

He said it every year (probably because the local camp was full of kids who would never even garner as much as a look from a D-I school) and was sort of a message of hope I guess.

But with Kline, if he can grow an inch or two and become a 'gym rat' and do nothing but shoot, shoot and shoot some more - he might have a chance at D-I ... A 6-foot-6 long range shooter don't really grow on trees ...

BTW ... if we could go back three years and look at the threads on NY girls hoops - I am willing to bet the same comments were made about Kim not being a D-I type caliber of player too ... :122249

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

Although certainly not deserving of the 2010 TVC Ohio POY award, Kline is the only player in the TVC at this time with the potential to develope into a D1 ball player.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Kenny, do you mean Andy Grillo or Adam Ward? Seriously, dude.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Kenny is funny, i dont care who you are.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

brokenwind wrote:Although certainly not deserving of the 2010 TVC Ohio POY award, Kline is the only player in the TVC at this time with the potential to develope into a D1 ball player.

The only D1 basketball player I can think of to come out of the tvc is Cunningham, from Waterford and he is about 6'11" and scored about 30pts pg and had about 20 reb. pg in tournaments last year. I think people get carried away on the D1 hype. Need to worry about being a force in the tvc first. I think the boy is a fine player by the way, I just don't see any D1 players in the tvc.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

It is funny how people can say there is no D1 material in the TVC and in this area. The reason that I see is cause that is what we seem to put in these kids heads is that they can't play at that level and to look to go D2 -D4. I would put my money that a lot of these kids can play at that level we just don't give them enough credit.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

I think you can go three ways Pfaff, Valentour, or Butcher.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I like Valentour. I think he means more to the team than any other player. Athens doesn't have the season they are having without him

Return to “Boys Basketball”