SEOAL P.O.Y.???

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: SEOAL P.O.Y.???

Post by biggdowgg »

bvmv4life wrote:The top players in the SEOAL are in order Tory Horne,Mike Turner and the kid from Ironton(can't spell his name).

I always copy and paste it myself :mrgreen:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

by the way Turner is very Impressive.

I think London will develop into an even beter player then what he is,,,esp. if he hits the weight room and gets stronger.
we talked about him and Dion Mckinley of Portsmouth on the way home last night, they are both only sophmores,and it is going to be a lot of fun seeing these two, do battle for the next two years

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

IMO, the Chillicothe Cavaliers should get POY since the Top Team usually gets it. Follow me here. Ironton is going to win the league outright and Chilly in two games combined blew leads of over 38 points. Yes, my vote goes for the POY to the Cavs for their total collapse in those two games :)

Now for my real opinion. I agree with all assessments stated, but I stick with Turner for just a few reasons. Cavs may end up with two league losses (to League Champ Ironton), but without Turner, the Cavs struggle to score all year long. He is the only Senior that has any minutes at all (combined maybe 2 qtrs out of our other two seniors). Tuesday against the Trojans, he started along with two Juniors, one sophmore and one true freshman. He runs the point the majority of the game (especially against major pressure), but more importantly he has showed he can step up in clutch situations. Horne is probably the best offensive player in the league, but he is played in too few games to get consideration.

Kockendoerfer will most likely win the vote because of the best team and he is a nice player and a leader. He is more than deserving and his team has to date done all it needs to do to deserve POY.

GO CAVS!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons Tim Kochendoerfer

Here is his scoring against each team played this season. I don't have any other Stats on him as far as rebounds and stuff. He has scored 306 Points for an Average of 20.4 points a Game

Ashland.............11 4 0-0 34
Chesapeake........6 0 2-2 14
Manchester.........5 1 4-6 17
Chillicothe..........4 1 12-13 23
Africentric..........7 0 6-10 20
Warren..............6 0 5-8 18
Jackson..............5 1 10-15 23
Fairland..............7 2 1-2 21
Gallia Acad...........4 2 2-2 16
Marietta..............8 0 1-1 17
Portsmouth..........3 0 9-13 15
Chillicothe............8 0 4-5 20
Logan.................4 1 2-4 11
Warren...............7 2 3-3 23
Gallia Acad...........5 5 9-12 34

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

trojandave wrote:Tory Horne is now averaging 25.0 PPG after a 34 point effort in a 66-61 2OT loss at Chillicothe last night.......he is close to the all time record for highest single season scoring average in PHS history........Larry Hisle put up a 25.5 average in 1965.

Has Tory played in every game this year???

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Tory has played in 5 games due to his waiting on eligibility status.......that's why I don't think he won't be the POY, but I agree with Hitchbone64.......he probably is the most talented offensive player in the league.

As I said earlier, the award should go to Kochendorfer.......averaging 20.4 PPG on the league champion (they will be). Michael Turner of Chillicothe has had a very good year, and impressed me both times against Portsmouth.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... imo the Ironton Tigers WILL be the home of both SEOAL league champion TEAM and SEOAL Player of the Year in Tim Kochendoerfer ... the young man has been nothing less than Mr. Consistent for I'town the entire season ... big game after big game TK has been rock solid, THE steadying influence on a team stacked with youngsters ... as most have posted Portsmouth's Tory Horne imo would have been right there with TK in a neck 'n neck battle for the top spot had he played the entire season for the Trojans ... Michael Turner will get mention as well for Chilli - deservedly so ... my dark horse is and has been Dylan Newsome for Jackson all season long - the young man inch for inch, pound for pound gets more out of himself than ANY player in the league imo ... rebounding at both ends (probably THE best offensive rebounder in the SEOAL) ... solid defensively vs much taller/quicker inside personnel for the opposition all season, Newsome has not been out hustled at either end of the floor, AND he scores inside, drives the baseline as well as anyone in the league, hits from downtown beyond the arc (correct me if I'm wrong but he is averaging over 20 ppg and almost 10 rbs/game on the season - a double double average for a player his size in this league is incredible) ... this final plug for the young man - I would venture to say he has logged more minutes per game than just about anyone in the league due to the lack of JHS bench strength ... so imo no doubt Kochendoerfer/Horne/Turner all three have the credentials to get the POY award AND they HAVE great "talent" TK - size/scorer , Horne/Turner both can jump out of gym, quickness to burn -everything going for them ... Dylan Newsome has shown me and the rest of the SEOAL that he too has earned mention, to not take a back seat to these other outstanding players ...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

pfloyd wrote:... imo the Ironton Tigers WILL be the home of both SEOAL league champion TEAM and SEOAL Player of the Year in Tim Kochendoerfer ... the young man has been nothing less than Mr. Consistent for I'town the entire season ... big game after big game TK has been rock solid, THE steadying influence on a team stacked with youngsters ... as most have posted Portsmouth's Tory Horne imo would have been right there with TK in a neck 'n neck battle for the top spot had he played the entire season for the Trojans ... Michael Turner will get mention as well for Chilli - deservedly so ... my dark horse is and has been Dylan Newsome for Jackson all season long - the young man inch for inch, pound for pound gets more out of himself than ANY player in the league imo ... rebounding at both ends (probably THE best offensive rebounder in the SEOAL) ... solid defensively vs much taller/quicker inside personnel for the opposition all season, Newsome has not been out hustled at either end of the floor, AND he scores inside, drives the baseline as well as anyone in the league, hits from downtown beyond the arc (correct me if I'm wrong but he is averaging over 20 ppg and almost 10 rbs/game on the season - a double double average for a player his size in this league is incredible) ... this final plug for the young man - I would venture to say he has logged more minutes per game than just about anyone in the league due to the lack of JHS bench strength ... so imo no doubt Kochendoerfer/Horne/Turner all three have the credentials to get the POY award AND they HAVE great "talent" TK - size/scorer , Horne/Turner both can jump out of gym, quickness to burn -everything going for them ... Dylan Newsome has shown me and the rest of the SEOAL that he too has earned mention, to not take a back seat to these other outstanding players ...

Good post!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Great post pfloyd!

Return to “Boys Basketball”