Wellston 59
Meigs 49

coach_k
JV Team

Re: Wellston Vs Meigs

Post by coach_k »

whsfan wrote:Wellston won by 10
JV game worst officiated game of all time

This game was not the worse officiated game. The only call that could even resemble any change in the game would have been the buzzer beater to end the half. (Yes I feel it should have counted) But there were several no calls on each team like there is in any game, same as little tacky calls.

I am going to assume you think the T that led to one of the coaches being ejected was not appropriate....However a time-out should have never been issued even if it was 4 seconds after they called it. The fact is the time-out was called after Wellston had made the basket and the ball was already in the hands of the Meigs in bounder. The Wellston JV Coaches weren't very well mannered, They were kicking the bleachers even when their own players were turning the ball over. I know cause I was sitting behind them.

Wellston JV lost that game because during every time-out all the coach would emphasize was to keep the ball out of #20's (My Son) Hands. In which he did not beat them, he only had 9 points.

Meigs Varsity has not had a year to cheer about, But the team is VERY Young. 3 of their starters are only Sophomores and 2 Juniors. We only lose one player next year. We may not dominate next year, but 2 years from now Meigs will be very solid!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”