Coal Grove vs River Valley

Muskie25
Waterboy

Re: Coal Grove vs River Valley

Post by Muskie25 »

Well Matt I for one along with Fuzz were defending Ward, but for some reason I seem to ruffle to many feathers for some of these overly sensitive people or they just can't stand the TRUTH. Well back to being a lurker and not a poster, congrats Grove on a good season, hopefully it's the building block to a brighter future. Just remember a great coach is the foundation if any great program.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

just imagine how good they could be if they had more players playin but for some reason once they get to high school they dont wanna play anymore?

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Matt52 wrote:just imagine how good they could be if they had more players playin but for some reason once they get to high school they dont wanna play anymore?

Not too hard to figure out why Matt52 if you would take an objective look at the picture.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

theassassin wrote:thought i saw it posted somewhere. maybe in the paper.......... cg 61-46... i hesitate to say though.... the ole bobbykitten might come on and correct me

you did ok on your own dude! I'm always watching you.
RV didn't play well for whatever reason. Coal Groves Length and size was a factor and they shot unreal tonite. Congrats Hornets.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

dude?????

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Dude!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Muskie25: I will put Portsmouth's schedules of the 80's and 90's up against any of the Greenup schedules of that time.......and the Trojans DOMINATED Greenup County during the time that Ward was there........the Trojans have a huge lead in the series......Portsmouth won the OKAC five straight years from 1987-1991......victories for the Musketeers were far and few between. Greenup had a good team in 1999 and Portsmouth beat the Musketeers 80-70 at GCHS.......Portsmouth was 18-5 that year.

Matt52: Randy Ward and Greenup County DID NOT beat Portsmouth in 1988........Portsmouth's only loss that year was to Russell 95-73 at Russell in OKAC play.......the Trojans beat Russell in the return match 82-74 at PHS.

Coach Ward did have some very good teams at Greenup County.......he led the Musketeers to 3 Sweet Sixteen tournaments, and I believe they did win their first round game in at least one of those state appearances.....his 1985 team with Mike Scott might have been his best team.....they did beat Portsmouth that year.....I personally think he is a good coach who has won everywhere he has been.......and I always liked his philosophy of wanting to go to the state tournament instead of being happy winning a conference or district title.........and the program at GCHS hasn't been the same since he left.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Coal Grove won 41-40 on a last second Shot

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Abracadabra....shazaam.....well dang, this thread wont disappear. I tried though.

Return to “Boys Basketball”