Districts / Regionals this year ?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Districts / Regionals this year ?

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I've usually attended 5 or 10 games by this time in most years past but this year I haven't seen one game yet. I'll be down at Athens once the districts and regionals kick in so who are the favorites this year and list a few teams current records that might surprise someone. The weekly state polls aren't showing any love in the newspapers so that might be a bad sign. Eastern (Meigs), Peebles, Oak Hill and Logan Elm are in the mix but have they played tough enough schedules this year to make some noise late ? Thanks !!!!!

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Re: Districts / Regionals this year ?

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Which papers are you referring to? I'll give you a look at Logan Elm:

They are 13-2 right now, losing games at home to Fairfield Union and to Westerville South (DI, I don't know if they're still unbeaten) at the Schott.

If I did my math right, they outscored opponents 57.4-40.6. Those numbers may be off a little because of a computational error. Key wins include:

Waverly (W) 55-37
Chillicothe (W) 48-34
Canal Winchester (W) 66-54
Bloom Carrol (W) 52-34

They have made their living on defense so far. Even though they lost, they still held a lightning quick Westerville South to 55 points.

The question is always "what have you done for me lately?" when the season winds down toward seeding time. LE's last 5 games (home in caps):

Detroit Consertorium @ Wellston: 43-31 W
Canal Winchester @ CW: 66-54 W
Westerville South @ Schott: 41-55 L
Amanda Clearcreek @ AC: 68-28 W
BLOOM CARROL: 54-32 W

LE has a tough stretch at the end of the season, but only two away from Spangler Gymnasium (home in caps):

Circleville @ CV (Mill Street gym, not the HS)
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP
TEAYS VALLEY
Fairfield Union @ FU
CANAL WINCHESTER (could very well be for the MSL title with both teams having 1 league loss)

Logan Elm will be ready for the tournament, and I fully believe they have the best shot to go to the Sweet 16 and maybe a shot to go to State again.

Return to “Boys Basketball”