Green @ Clay 02-12-10

CatsBacker
Waterboy

Re: Green @ Clay 02-12-10

Post by CatsBacker »

The paper said Clay shot 40+ free throws . Anyone know how many green shot ?

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

CatsBacker wrote:The paper said Clay shot 40+ free throws . Anyone know how many green shot ?

17 i think

catinthefurnace
Waterboy

Post by catinthefurnace »

If the game wasn't one sided Green would have won. The refs for this game was unreal.
They called horribly. I understand calling for the home team but when you call fouls on kids that isn't anywhere near the other kids that's a little ridiculous. Green stayed in the game as long as they could but anytime one of our kids scored a couple of points they got several fouls on them. Clay did play a good game though especially 15 &25. Congrats to them.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Cat you must have been at a different game than I was. Delotell shot 19 foul shots for Clay, but he kept driving into the lane and they kept hacking him on the arms. Not one time did a bobcat even attempt to set up and take a charge. If your going to let a player drive in and not try to set up on him but try to strip him, then you are going to commit a lot of fouls. I don't remember any controversial calls all night that either coach got upset about.

catinthefurnace
Waterboy

Post by catinthefurnace »

my2cents

No you must have been at a different game. Our guys weren't anywhere near some of the players when they called fouls and our Coach was raising cane but the refs called the way they wanted. When 32 got the first 6 points of the game and we stayed basket for basket in the first quarter they called one foul after another. Then 24 started making baskets they started calling on him. Then 42 started making baskets they called on him. I'm sorry when one team has 43 or 44 foul shots and the other has 16 somethings not right. People that never say anything at a game was hollering. It was ridiculous but like I said 15 & 25 had a great game cant take away from that. I just wish the one ref would've called fair he called every foul by himself the first half.

CatsBacker
Waterboy

Post by CatsBacker »

Both teams played hard but it was an obvious attempt by the officiating crew to keep Green down . Each time green got close the ref's would take over the game . Everyone knows Green is going to pound it inside , and they did , so how did they not shoot at least as many free throws as Clay ?

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Officiating had nothing to do with it. If 5 players stand flat footed and out of position and swat at a kid as he is dribbling thru them on his way to a lay-up, then a foul will be called. Green had at least 10 wide open lay-ups they missed, several critical turnovers and NO rebounding position on either end of the court. That is why they lost. Clay, especially their guards, outplayed the Cats

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I'll just say, if it was there, I didn't see it, but that could be because Clay was on the winning side of the calls. I had no idea there was that big of foul shot difference in the game, but most of those were attributed to one player. Cody Delotell. Green wasn't able to stop him driving into the lane.

Return to “Boys Basketball”