Oak Hill at Valley 2-12-10

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Re: Oak Hill at Valley 2-12-10

Post by jacksonoaks »

I think its a great thing that the whole fan base gets into the game.
It is not very often that you see this.
I believe the Oak Hill fans are some of the most royal fans to thier teams.
The crowd or student Section is dogging the team the entire game and they come back to win the game, hell whynot ask the other crowd why their so quiet.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

jacksonoaks wrote:I think its a great thing that the whole fan base gets into the game.
It is not very often that you see this.
I believe the Oak Hill fans are some of the most royal fans to thier teams.
The crowd or student Section is dogging the team the entire game and they come back to win the game, hell whynot ask the other crowd why their so quiet.

I mean if they are the most royal then they can basically say whatever they want. HAHA!

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

haha sorry Loyal fans

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

dimedrop4 wrote:Oaks by 13.

Nice call, me...nailed it! :aaaaa21 :aaaaa21 :aaaaa21

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Good game by the Indians as they led the entire game til early 4th quarter. Sounds like the Oaks just wore them down.

Oaks will be lock for the number one seed now with this quality road win.

Good luck to both teams in the tourney.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

If you want to talk about rude and unclassy then I think we should take a minute and address how unbelievably rude the Valley student section was.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

talk about class ....was it not VALLEY that would not allow the game to be stopped.. when the young man LESLEY spelling? from NORTHWEST scored 1000th point.. now that is the real meaning of " CLASSLESS" :122246

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I wonder why Norm refused to play the Waverly make-up game tonight? Hint: The tournament draw is Sunday. They are currently a lock for the #1 as Eaglesnest said.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:I wonder why Norm refused to play the Waverly make-up game tonight? Hint: The tournament draw is Sunday. They are currently a lock for the #1 as Eaglesnest said.

How many times are you going to post this?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I don't know, no-one has denied it yet :122246

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

The reason no one has denied it is because it is true. Why would he risk it?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I guess I don't understand why it is up to him, the visiting team? The Oaks have a game with the Jeeps that was cancelled in January and at the time they scheduled the make-up date the Jeeps were undefeated. Guess when HE scheduled it? AFTER THE DRAW. I don't think that is right. I think games ought to be made up at the next possible date.

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

That's exactly my feeling if you want to be the best you have to beat the best when its crunch time

so much more would be on the line if the game were played tonight and would make for a great game

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

That's exaclty right soc2fan.
The only way the game is going to mean anything being played next week is if Waverly wins at Northwest on Friday and Oak Hill loses a league game before then. That might happen (hopefully so) and if it does it will be better than playing it tonight but we don't know what will happen in the future. We do know playing it tonight would be pretty intense with a packed house.

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

Waverly will win at Northwest and i look for it to be very difficult to beat oak hill at there home place but it could happen.

oak hill girls have there sectional game next saturday on the same night the waverly game is scheduled that could make for a weak crowd in oak hills favor for both games because the crowds would have to split

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:I guess I don't understand why it is up to him, the visiting team? The Oaks have a game with the Jeeps that was cancelled in January and at the time they scheduled the make-up date the Jeeps were undefeated. Guess when HE scheduled it? AFTER THE DRAW. I don't think that is right. I think games ought to be made up at the next possible date.

Just sounds like smart scheduling on Norm's part to me.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Bucknut27 wrote:
tigers2010onhuddle wrote:I guess I don't understand why it is up to him, the visiting team? The Oaks have a game with the Jeeps that was cancelled in January and at the time they scheduled the make-up date the Jeeps were undefeated. Guess when HE scheduled it? AFTER THE DRAW. I don't think that is right. I think games ought to be made up at the next possible date.

Just sounds like smart scheduling on Norm's part to me.

Kinda what I was thinking as well. He has nothing to gain by scheduling or playing this game prior to the draw. He has one win over the Tigers already and more than likely a number one seed.

As a fan, I would have liked for the game to have been played tonight, but you can't blame Coach Persin for not taking any unnecessary chances. He isn't breaking any rules, just playing the odds to his favor.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

You guys are saying everything we all know, but my question is why is up to him? Yes, it's very smart on his part not to play Waverly until after the draw. The game is to be played at Waverly and you have an open Saturday, YOU SHOULD PLAY IT!

I guess unless anyone else has anything knew to add to the discussion, I'm done with it.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

What else can be added other than opinions and what if or why not scenarios?

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

The reason why he picked the date is because he is the AD at Oak Hill and they aree the ones that do the sch.

Return to “Boys Basketball”