Lucasville Valley Question

Bucknut27
Varsity

Lucasville Valley Question

Post by Bucknut27 »

Will there be a live feed for tonight's game? If so can someone link it?

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Re: Lucasville Valley Question

Post by soc2fan »

yes they are here are two links that lead you to the live video stream

http://www.valleyls.org/district/index.php

http://www.valleyls.org/highschool/inde ... Itemid=111

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Thanks for reminding me. Now I have a game I can watch from work.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Thank you!

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

no problem :)

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Thank you for the links SOC2Fan. I was able to watch a very good game tonight...once again, thank you.

Do they stream all sports for Valley? This is very nice.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

This is a top notch setup that Valley has. More schools should follow their lead and stream games for the out of fans.

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

Thanks for the nice comments on our production. It is a lot of work but it is a ton of fun to do. We've been doing it since 2006 and we try to make it better each year.

To answer a question above. We try to do as many games as we can. We do all of the Varsity football home games, and select Volleyball, Soccer, Girls Basketball and Boy's Basketball games. We have 10 basketball games scheduled to broadcast this season. We're down to our last two next week.

As for other schools doing it, I've been contacted by a few in the area and I know of one that has the integral piece of equipment to make it work, so you may see some others jump on board. There are a number of OHSAA regulations we have to abide by in order to do the games live, but it's not that big of deal. Just have to be careful that we obey the rules.

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

You need to find someone to do the play-by-play. The guy last night sounded way too much Coach Crabtree for me... lol

I did imagine him scoring 35 in biddy ball though.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Herd: Hopefully South Webster is one of those schools that have contacted you. There has been some talk of Webster trying to make this happen and you boys would be the ones to talk to if they're serious. Keep up the good work*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

we need a tricaster. that's an expensive piece..

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

Coach Crabtree was a last minute fill in Friday night. He did a great job.

I did have some conversations with Webster about a year ago, but never heard how it all turned out for them. We do use the Tricaster. And for what you are able to do with it... it's well worth the price. To do what we do with traditional TV equipment it would cost tens of thousands of dollars more to do with a truckload of equipment. Can you stream without a Tricaster? Sure you can, but it wouldn't be as cool :-D

Hey Swanker Pine, are you associated with the school? Stop by and see us next Friday night. Our setup can look kind of intimidating, but keep in mind we've grown over four years. You can do what we do with much less, but the Tricaster is a vital piece IMO. I'll tell you what, if you are starting from scratch and need everything from cameras, cables, sound equipment and the Tricaster I can show you how to get everything you need for less than $10k.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I'm not in the administration nor do I deal with any money but I was approached about calling the games if it ever does happen. I'll tell Mr Johnson to stop by your setup and see what he thinks.

Return to “Boys Basketball”