SEOPS HOF

Federal Hocking at Waterford

Post by 93Bulldog »

Anyone have a score for this game?

athens78
All State

Re: Federal Hocking at Waterford

Post by athens78 »

It was Waterford by like twelve or 14 I heard at Federal Hocking. This hurts the tournament seed for Federal since they've now lost 4 games to DIV teams.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Waterford 76
Federal Hocking 63

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Good luck tonight vs alex.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Federal has lost to Eastern, Southern twice and now Waterford all DIV teams. They sure need a win tonight to help their tournament draw. Good luck to the Lancers.

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

This team has everybody scratching their head including PFloyd! They can look unstoppable in one game and not show up to the next. When this team shows up in its entirity they can play with just about anyone in the SE district, when they don't they can look real bad!

Give credit to Waterford who appeared to be a much improved team last night and couldn't miss be it from the 3 point arc or behind the charity stripe. Fed closed to within 2 around the two minute mark in the fourth quarter then a really tough and questionable call on a rebound that went against Fed forced them into fouling down the stretch and Waterford just couldn't miss. But Fed put themselves in this position so no blaming the officials for the outcome.

Tyler Thompson was the workhorse for the Lancers as he put up something like 36 points, not sure of the total. Now if the rest of the team will bring it like Thompson does they can make some noise in the tournament. Rex seems still not a 100% from the stands after an injury so this really puts a hamper on the Lancers in the paint.

Athens 78, even though Fed has some DIV losses they also have two DII wins and wins over 2 Ohio Division teams (NY and Belpre) Does Alex have any DII wins? 3 of Feds DIV losses are against Southern and Eastern who are ranked in DIV standings. IMO if they can take Alex tonite they are up in the win colum and have the DII wins which I'm not sure Alex has any. Can someone clarify this? The strength of the DIV losses except for Waterford were against the 2 best (DIV) teams in SE Ohio. Fed took Eastern to an OT at Fed.

Last night was a bad loss for the Lancers, they must rebound and play like they can for the remaining four games. Wake up Lancers!
Good luck Wildcats, you played with alot of poise and character last night and are a much improved team. Good plan, good coach!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

The only DII win Fed has was against Marietta. NY and Belpre are both D III, same as Fed. Fed can win tonight, if they come to play. But they should be "coming to play" every night, and they just don't seem to be. You guys are smart enough to figure out as to why this continues to be a problem ;-)

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

Steeley, Fed beat Morgan at Morgan, aren't they still a DII or have they gone down to DIII? Morgan plays in a very tough Muskingum Valley League and that was a good win for the Lancers, one they all decided to show up to.

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

According to the OHSAA website Morgan has 260 boys which puts them in DII. Fed has 138 which is only 9 away from a DIV school.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

You are correct foxworthy. I forgot the Morgan game. Now, after reading the game write-up in the Messenger, couple of observations.

Waterford shot 49% for the game. Fed shot 30%, including chucking up 25 three point attempts. Has Waterford scored more than 70 points in any other game this year?

A couple of things you have control over are your shot selection, and your defensive schemes. Doesn't sound like Fed did a very good job at either last night.

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

You are right on Steeley. The Lancers were as cold as ice but those nights are going to happen. You can live and die behind the 3 point arc. Real pretty when they are falling, real ugly when their not. Lot's of misses in the paint too. This is a concentration issue.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Steely Dan wrote:The only DII win Fed has was against Marietta. NY and Belpre are both D III, same as Fed. Fed can win tonight, if they come to play. But they should be "coming to play" every night, and they just don't seem to be. You guys are smart enough to figure out as to why this continues to be a problem ;-)

Kind of like a game a saw a couple of years ago when one of FH's best teams lost to a Miller team ... same problem right ;-) ?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think that the fact that F.H. has decided it will live and die with the 3 point shot has really hurt them this year. Now if hey had16 wins up to now we would all be saying how great it is that F.H. isn't afraid to shoot the 3, but they need to take more high % shots.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Very weak DII teams. What are the records of Morgan and Marietta? If you want to talk about how strong the DIV teams are them mention how weak the DII were. I'd say Alex will get this game as Gabriel is a great motivator and has more overall talent. However it is a rival game so anything goes. Nelsonville isn't very good either losing what their last 6 or 7 games? Even if Fed wins tonight I don't see the Ohio teams giving them the to and maybe not the three see unless they don't want it for some reason.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Looking at the box score did I see the 6'10" kid didn't score? How do you have a kid that big and he can't score on Waterford?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

amazinghocks wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:The only DII win Fed has was against Marietta. NY and Belpre are both D III, same as Fed. Fed can win tonight, if they come to play. But they should be "coming to play" every night, and they just don't seem to be. You guys are smart enough to figure out as to why this continues to be a problem ;-)

Kind of like a game a saw a couple of years ago when one of FH's best teams lost to a Miller team ... same problem right ;-) ?

That game was up at Miller, where strange things happen, and when you have one player commit 12 or 13 turnovers in a game, I'm not sure I'd attribute that loss to the team not coming to play.... I was there and saw what happened that night, as you saw as well :mrgreen:

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

athens78 wrote:Looking at the box score did I see the 6'10" kid didn't score? How do you have a kid that big and he can't score on Waterford?

The young man is a work in progress.

Return to “Boys Basketball”