Final: @ Portsmouth 77 Chesapeake 70

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Re: Final: @ Portsmouth 77 Chesapeake 70

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Really enjoyed this game last night. Portsmouth jumped out of the gates with a solid first quarter. Chesapeake stayed there and was right in it at the end. Portsmouth needs to get a check on the attitudes. I know some of the calls last night wasn't so great but they need to watch their reactions after a bad call. And all I have to say about Horn is WOWOWOWOWOW! This kid is a stud. He scored 32 and all of them was so smoothe. He had a couple of no look passes that were bullets to the post. I was so amazed by them more then him scoring. Good win for the Trojans and nice talking to trojandave.

Good Luck to both teams in the tough sectional
Last edited by Cameron34Crazie34 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Cameron34Crazie34

I think I finaly met you,,,
you had the Kentucky hat on?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

No way, shape or form, would I have a Kentucky hat on. It's all about DUKE my friend.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

oak hill 1
ironton 2
peake 3
valley 4
ports 5
south point 6

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

got this from Tobias,who got it from someone at the meeting :mrgreen:

Portsmouth plays Valley

biggdowgg wrote:oak hill 1
ironton 2
peake 3
valley 4
ports 5
south point 6

balltime
Waterboy

Post by balltime »

Does anyone have the season stats for Portsmouth High? pts reb. assist ?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I read in the times that dion had a double double. Congrats to him. He was also the WNXT take it to the hoop, take it to the house player of the game.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

GREAT win by the Trojans over a very good Chesapeake squad........

Now........I guess we could all nitpick a coach for this and that, and I have been as guilty as anyone down through the years, but the last 7 years have taught me something.........

9-6 beats 52-100 EVERY TIME!!........JUST REMEMBER FROM WHERE WE HAVE COME TO WHERE WE ARE NOW!!........we have had 7 straight losing seasons, many of those way under .500........so considering what Coach Collins and his staff inherited, THEY are doing a GREAT job........

Also keep in mind that we lost 4 starters from last year (we did get Tory Horne back in January), and we also had a 2-17 JV squad in 2009........so there wasn't much at the outset for Coach Collins to work with.......but he had a good summer program considering he was HIRED LATE.

Keep in mind, also, that he is starting 2 sophomores.......so there's always a learning curve with them.......and Wayne and Dion have done just fine.

I guess I could sit here, too, and find something to criticize.........but the bottom line is we're winning and that makes me happy........so for a man to man guy like I am, I don't care what defense Coach Collins' uses or who he has in the starting lineup.......what he's doing is working to the tune of 9-6 being on course to have our best season in 8 years.

Return to “Boys Basketball”