Peebles @ Green 2/15

jchitwood
All State

Re: Peebles @ Green 2/15

Post by jchitwood »

:lol: Mr. Slamdunk, it is strange to hear you defending the Tribe, but those brownie points are well-earned. Truce is off if NA beats Paint Valley though. :lol:

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

jchitwood wrote::lol: Mr. Slamdunk, it is strange to hear you defending the Tribe, but those brownie points are well-earned. Truce is off if NA beats Paint Valley though. :lol:

Thought that might be the case! That is why I was trying to earn the brownie points. So when (oops, I mean if) NA were to beat Peebles in the sectional final, I wouldn't be in too much trouble for celebrating! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

slamdunk wrote:
jchitwood wrote::lol: Mr. Slamdunk, it is strange to hear you defending the Tribe, but those brownie points are well-earned. Truce is off if NA beats Paint Valley though. :lol:

Thought that might be the case! That is why I was trying to earn the brownie points. So when (oops, I mean if) NA were to beat Peebles in the sectional final, I wouldn't be in too much trouble for celebrating! :lol: :lol: :lol:

we won't have to worry about that.

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

slamdunk
of course you know we dont like to lose, but anyone that puts their heart into their basketball team as you do....well we couldnt stay mad for to long :122249

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

catsbacker....in case you don't know how non league games are scheduled it's typically a 2 year deal...you play at our place one year we come to yours the next. From what I see tonight, your team was the #2 seed in the tourney draw so I'm not sure how you are saying we are so overpowering and scheduled a much weaker team....seems you don't think much of your team. I also didn't see anything at all pompous in any posts...I just made the comment that the game should have been played back when it was scheduled. Peebles team was coming at least an hour and a half and also have kids that live on back roads but were ready to hit the road.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

luvit wrote:

slamdunk
of course you know we dont like to lose, but anyone that puts their heart into their basketball team as you do....well we couldnt stay mad for to long :122249

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment because I do put a lot of time and heart into my team. I will try and be on my best behavior if this game happens! :roll: :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Go Peebles! This is a 2 seed over Manchester, Whiteoak and Fairfield.....show them what the non-football league is all about.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Ironman92 wrote:Just a very tiny school in Scioto Co....they have a pretty good record but their schedule is mostly against very small D4 teams.

Many believe they will get the #2 seed @ Valley as the SOC coaches will out vote the likes of Whiteoak/Manchester/Fairfield going for the #2 seed.

So save your game tape!....your fellow SHL friends will need it.

I know they lost to Clay a couple of days ago by double digits. This is a game Peebles needs to own from the get go...not like Lynchburg or Fayetteville.

You hit that one right on the money. Must have been some heavy politics going on in that room.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Any word on the game?

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

I just got the call, game is cancelled-makeup Next Monday 2/21!!!!!

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

I just re-read every post on the thread, and haven't come across anything I think is particularly pompous, until you tried to belittle us by pointing out that Peebles is the only school in SE Ohio with fewer wins than Green in football

Now that's funny right there, chitwood. I don't care who who are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never believed in the whining "we're so little, we have no business playing bigger schools" crap. If you're good, you're good whether it be 50 or 500 boys in a school. The Cat's will get hammered if they play them but so what. If they played 6 or 7 years ago it more than likely would be Green who would have come out on top. It's the kids who are playing and the coaching. Green has had no coaching for the last few years (it got MUCH better this year) and the talent isn't what it used to be. It all goes in cycles. Green always played them back in the days of the TVC. Catbacker is more than likely a child, or a narrow minded Dad or Mom that see's 500 fouls committed (in his/her mind) by the opposing team and a perfect performance by his/her team, ruined by the refs incompetence.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

frank-n-beans wrote:
I just re-read every post on the thread, and haven't come across anything I think is particularly pompous, until you tried to belittle us by pointing out that Peebles is the only school in SE Ohio with fewer wins than Green in football

Now that's funny right there, chitwood. I don't care who who are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never believed in the whining "we're so little, we have no business playing bigger schools" crap. If you're good, you're good whether it be 50 or 500 boys in a school. The Cat's will get hammered if they play them but so what. If they played 6 or 7 years ago it more than likely would be Green who would have come out on top. It's the kids who are playing and the coaching. Green has had no coaching for the last few years (it got MUCH better this year) and the talent isn't what it used to be. It all goes in cycles. Green always played them back in the days of the TVC. Catbacker is more than likely a child, or a narrow minded Dad or Mom that see's 500 fouls committed (in his/her mind) by the opposing team and a perfect performance by his/her team, ruined by the refs incompetence.

Very true...Peebles is a town of about 1700, and if we have a good tourney run odds are we'd play Portsmouth (pop. 20,909) in the district semis and Ironton (pop. 11,211) in the finals.* I say bring on Goliath, the Tribe is ready.

*Portsmouth divides their town into 2 high schools, right? Even so, these towns dwarf lil' ol' Peebles and the surrounding area PHS draws from..

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

jchitwood wrote:
slamdunk wrote:

we won't have to worry about that.

peebles has an excellent ballteam, obviously they are 17-0, but in tourney time anything can happen. :mrgreen:

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

did this game go on or did it ger ppd?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Tigerfan11 wrote:did this game go on or did it ger ppd?

It got moved to the 21st.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Tigerfan11 wrote:did this game go on or did it ger ppd?

ppd until 2/21

catinthefurnace
Waterboy

Post by catinthefurnace »

FranknBeans

Its ignorant people like you that we dont need as fans. You say you are not downing the kids but the coaches yet every chance you get you run your mouth on our team.If you don't like the talent stay at home or better yet they practice everyday if you are so talented and know so much about bball then go down and play against them they would put you in your fat place once and for all. If you are referring to the clay game watch the tapes it speaks for itself but the only reason you go to the games is to put people down not cheer on your team. STAY HOME nobody wants you there.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

catinthefurnace wrote:FranknBeans

Its ignorant people like you that we dont need as fans. You say you are not downing the kids but the coaches yet every chance you get you run your mouth on our team.If you don't like the talent stay at home or better yet they practice everyday if you are so talented and know so much about bball then go down and play against them they would put you in your fat place once and for all. If you are referring to the clay game watch the tapes it speaks for itself but the only reason you go to the games is to put people down not cheer on your team. STAY HOME nobody wants you there.

Are you saying FranknBeans is fat? How do you know FranknBeans is fat? Or are you saying that his place is fat?

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Frank N Beans, is not fat he's a man who speaks his mind
doesn't care if you like it or not.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

WAIT A MINUTE!!!This thread might beat out the Eastern/Peebles thread.LOL

Return to “Boys Basketball”