Peebles @ Green 2/15

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Peebles @ Green 2/15

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jchitwood wrote:
Tigerfan11 wrote:did this game go on or did it ger ppd?

ppd until 2/21

Are you sure it is not on Monday?

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Somebody posted that it was the 21st...I thought it was weird to play a game on a Sunday

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Pretty sure I heard that it was Monday the 22nd, but I have been wrong before! (ie. Peebles v. Manchester prediction) LOL

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

catinthefurnace wrote:FranknBeans

Its ignorant people like you that we dont need as fans. You say you are not downing the kids but the coaches yet every chance you get you run your mouth on our team.If you don't like the talent stay at home or better yet they practice everyday if you are so talented and know so much about bball then go down and play against them they would put you in your fat place once and for all. If you are referring to the clay game watch the tapes it speaks for itself but the only reason you go to the games is to put people down not cheer on your team. STAY HOME nobody wants you there.

cat,

Thanks for the eloquent critique of my post. Your educational prowess and superior thought processes came storming thru in your rant. Now that I know that I'm dealing with the developed mind of an 11 year old, I'll try to dumb it down so you can understand it. (crayons and construction paper don't work very well on the internet.) Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as to what the big words mean, I'll help you as much as I can.
1. I am not bashing our kids or Bobby. I call it as I see it. I have criticized the coaching during the Hopper years and had some concerns last year. But never our kids or Bobby. I have rooted for and supported all of our kids since Mike Hughes was the coach. However, I have an objectionable mind and eyes. When the talent is not as good as other teams, I say it. If we get outplayed or out coached, I say it. When we don't play as hard or as well as we are capable of, I say it. If that bothers you, get over it. We are a VERY poor shooting team this year and with the exception of a couple of kids, a poor defensive team. But we never quit. I could not say that the previous 3 years. They haven't yet grasped that defense wins. I look at SW as an example. Last year Green beat them. The same players. This year, if they play and with the same core players as last year, Webster runs away with it. The reason is defense.
2. I don't need to see the tape of the Clay game to confirm what I said the first time. Blaming the officials is stupid, juvenile, ignorant and narrow minded. If I got you, Catbacker, my2cents and claypantherfan in a room and played the tape, more than likely I would hear the same comments from each of you. "Can you believe ALL the fouls they missed, they're killing our kids". I'm not trying to take a shot at our brothers/sisters at Clay, just trying to make a point. You see what you want to see. I'm not a vested observer and obviously you are. The officiating crew was not the best to ever put on a striped shirt but it evened out. Calls were missed on both sides, they always are. There was no advantage to either team. They're human. But according to your thought process, Derrow and his crew sat in the locker room and as they were putting on their uniform one of them said, "You know, I don't like Green, I'll tell you what, lets make sure that Clay wins this one. Make sure that if the team in green should get close to winning, we start blowing the whistle and take them out of it. I like those white uniforms. And it is senior night. So in your mind the officials walk out on the floor and screwed 14 kids they don't even know. Yea cat, I'm startin' to come around to you're way of thinking :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
3. Let us look at the facts. We have beaten 5 schools for a total of 9 wins. None have or will come close to having a winning record. The talent level of those teams are not as good as ours this year but I won't beat my chest and say we are a superior team. I think we were lucky to beat Western (they did beat Clay twice) but sometimes it is about match ups. If our boys dedicate themselves to playing defense and practice their shooting technique over the off season, they should breeze thru the league and the season next year.
4. I got skillz to pay the bills :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I might be an old, fat, short Caucasian but I know how to shoot, box out and play defense, and I can actually do it on a consistent basis. I have the advantage.

Thanks for gettin' my back Flash, I wasn't going to respond to this as normally I refuse to go into a battle of wits with an unarmed man, but I abhor stupidity.

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

jchitwood wrote:
catinthefurnace wrote:FranknBeans

Its ignorant people like you that we dont need as fans. You say you are not downing the kids but the coaches yet every chance you get you run your mouth on our team.If you don't like the talent stay at home or better yet they practice everyday if you are so talented and know so much about bball then go down and play against them they would put you in your fat place once and for all. If you are referring to the clay game watch the tapes it speaks for itself but the only reason you go to the games is to put people down not cheer on your team. STAY HOME nobody wants you there.

Are you saying FranknBeans is fat? How do you know FranknBeans is fat? Or are you saying that his place is fat?

I think I can clear up the confusion Jimmy.. He meant to say, "PHAT", it's a hip new acronym that means Pretty Hot and Tempting, but some people also use it as an alternative to, "cool", or, "fresh". catinthefurnace was clearly saying that FranknBeans' place/pad/home was PHAT.. Classic mixup lol

Sweet Pea
Freshman Team

Post by Sweet Pea »

f-and-b

so your saying defense wins games and championships? who would have ever thunk it? It all makes since to me now! LOL

late,
sweetpea

catinthefurnace
Waterboy

Post by catinthefurnace »

Frank n Beans

First I'm a woman. I'm very smart graduated and everything. Second you most certainly put these kids down you need to go back and read all of your posts. My whole point is if you don't like how they play quit watching them and yes I'm very invested because my son is on that team and I'm very proud of him and his teammates. It doesn't matter if they win or lose because when they do win it isn't good enough. If you were really a supporter you would support them no matter what instead of getting on here and saying stuff about them. I know for a fact they work their butts off sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. By the way I didn't mean phat I meant you were full of yourself and if you knew so much you could go help them out with all of that knowledge. They have alot of people with opinions but no actions.

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

I know you didn't mean phat buddy, just jokin' sorry. Good post though.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

All ive got to say after watching the Indians in the second half of that Fairfield game today is Green better be ready to play. Blake Justice exploded for 36 and is now just 6 away from breaking the Peebles record for boys career points(Its a shame he will not get to score those points at home). I really hope the Green coaching staff handle him breaking the record properly. It was good to see the boys come out and play a good game tonight in front of scouts from Miami(OH), Shawnee State, and Wooster. GO INDIANS!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Green got drilled by Eastern Pike tonight.

How should Green handle Blake breaking the all-time Peebles record? I know milestones 1,000, 1500 and 2,000 usually merit a stop in paly for a tad...but breaking a school's point record while on the road? I'd say let the game play and either right before the 2nd qtr starts announce it or if he does it in the 2nd qtr...announce it right before they begin the 3rd qtr. I think that would be appropriate.

What is his number now? Seems like he was 1430 something....is he going to hit 1500 at Green?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Ironman92 wrote:Green got drilled by Eastern Pike tonight.

How should Green handle Blake breaking the all-time Peebles record? I know milestones 1,000, 1500 and 2,000 usually merit a stop in paly for a tad...but breaking a school's point record while on the road? I'd say let the game play and either right before the 2nd qtr starts announce it or if he does it in the 2nd qtr...announce it right before they begin the 3rd qtr. I think that would be appropriate.

What is his number now? Seems like he was 1430 something....is he going to hit 1500 at Green?

Yes he will hit 1500, he is currently at 1479. IMO Setting the school's all-time record is an accomplishment worthy of a game stoppage and some type of game ball being awarded. Im sure if it is not recognized at Green it will be at home against Manchester on Weds.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I'm sure players score a 1,000 points more often than a school's all-time scoring record gets broken.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

catinthefurnace wrote:Frank n Beans

First I'm a woman. I'm very smart graduated and everything. Second you most certainly put these kids down you need to go back and read all of your posts. My whole point is if you don't like how they play quit watching them and yes I'm very invested because my son is on that team and I'm very proud of him and his teammates. It doesn't matter if they win or lose because when they do win it isn't good enough. If you were really a supporter you would support them no matter what instead of getting on here and saying stuff about them. I know for a fact they work their butts off sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. By the way I didn't mean phat I meant you were full of yourself and if you knew so much you could go help them out with all of that knowledge. They have alot of people with opinions but no actions.

Obviously an English major.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

:lol:

Can't believe I missed this gem of a post.

catinthefurnace, take it from someone with looong experience arguing with Frank.
Stop now! Don't get into an argument with him. There's no future in it. :lol:

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

an old saying, "never wrestle with a pig because you will both get muddy and the pig will like it."

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

sparky wrote:an old saying, "never wrestle with a pig because you will both get muddy and the pig will like it."

:)

Big Pete
Waterboy

Post by Big Pete »

Well Frank, you went from "fat"to a "pig"! But I still agree with you.lol

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

who said frank was the pig? big pete you are assuming something and insulting frank with the assumption.

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

sparky wrote:an old saying, "never wrestle with a pig because you will both get muddy and the pig will like it."

:122245 John Lawhorn is a big fan of this saying!

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Oink!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”