Athens TVC Ohio Champions

Spartan
All Conference

Athens TVC Ohio Champions

Post by Spartan »

The Athens Bulldogs clinched the outright TVC Ohio Championship tonight with a hard earned victory on the road at Nelsonville-York

Congratulations!!!! You have made this old Bulldog very very happy. Enjoy, you earned it!!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Athens TVC Ohio Champions

Post by Orange and Brown »

Great job Athens!!! I was at the game and NY gave them everything they wanted and more.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Congrats to Coach Skinner, Coach Cooley, and the entire Bulldog Nation......and that's from a VC Fan!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Congrats to Athens on a great season.

It's only a matter of time before the haters jump all over this thread though..lol

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Congratulations Bulldogs on a fine TVC championship season. Good luck in tournament from Belpre

tazz21
Riding the Bench

Post by tazz21 »

Congrqats to Athens! Both teams played well tonight.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to Athens. Great coaching staff good kids and the top overall appearance and behaivor of any team I've seen all year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Congratulations to the Athens Bulldogs - outstanding regular season, tour through the TVC, outright TVC Ohio Champion ... and to the successful (an understatement) return to his rightful court side location as the head man in the Bulldog hoops program - imo COY in the TVC - Coach Skinner ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GREAT SEASON!

ITS NOT OVER YET ... AS I POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD '2 MORE WINS AND ATHENS WILL EQUAL THE 1990 TEAM WHICH FINISHED 19-1.'

ONE LITTLE NOTION TO THROW OUT THEIR ... THIS GROUP OF ATHENS BOYS HAS ONLY LOST ONE LEAGUE GAME IN NEARLY AN ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR!

* THEY WENT UNDEFEATED IN 2009 BASEBALL ... LOST ONE GAME TO NELSONVILLE-YORK ON THE GRIDIRON THIS PAST FALL ... AND WENT UNDEFEATED IN BASKETBALL ... THAT IS AMAZING.

(WITH ALMOST THE ENTIRE TEAM BACK FOR BASEBALL THIS YEAR, ITS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR THEM TO GO UNDEFEATED AGAIN ... )

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sorry Coach Gibson ... I didn't mean to put any undue pressure on you guys ... :122249

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Congrats to Athens...this is a great group of boys they have coming through right now.

They have a great chance to take the TVC in baseball as well, but they are going to miss Cline. I look forward to the Spring!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

congrats to coach skinner and his team on the tvc championship

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Congratulations to the Bulldogs and Coach Skinner on the TVC Ohio championship

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Thanks Bulldog 93. I guess I'll have to throw away all the info I have for the 89-90 team. LOL!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Now, now - no need to go to the extreme there Bulldog64 ... But, I really would love to have that information, especially the date of the New Lex game ... I have completely tore apart my parents basement looking for that article ... I found an article leading up the Logan game, found another written a few days later about Swinehart approaching Coach Gibson at the girls game to ask about the health of J. Reed, I found an article with the top 3 players stats going into the Logan game ... But absolutly nothing on the New Lex game itslef ... its like nobody in Athens even wanted to talk, write or print about anything that happened that night! lol

I remember a lot because I was their ... I was one of the many 'sardines' jammed up against another 'sardine' in the stands that night ... But, I do believe it was a pretty little blonde sophomore sardine that I was smashed up against - so it wasn't so bad in my case ... Well, until everything unfolded that is.

(One little fact I recall was the strategy which the New Lex coach used to call plays ... SIGNS! The guy literally had poster-board signs made because he knew from playing in that cracker-box gym how loud it was gonna be.)

Now see, if you could get some of that info over to me soon - I could get to work on what will be an outstanding & fun article to read.

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

Congratulations Bulldogs!! I had faith in you all season long. You all deserved this Championship~coaches, players, parents and fans. This was a long time coming for the Bulldogs.

Great Job! Now finish the season strong and go dominate in the tourny!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”