Unioto Clock Troubles

jockstraps
Waterboy

Unioto Clock Troubles

Post by jockstraps »

For 2 nights in a row, there has been issues with the people who run the clock at Unioto. Both games there were issues on clock not starting when play resumed. For Pete;s sake, they have 2 (two) guys running the clock for varsity and they still can't get it right. Everyone is human, but come on, these 2 need to be replaced. They can't pay enough attention to start and stop clock and some team (in this case, UHS) got screwed twice. New bleachers, some new coaches, time for new clock runners.

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: Unioto Clock Troubles

Post by Hoggy »

Sounds like you are volunteering for the job.

tazz21
Riding the Bench

Re: Unioto Clock Troubles

Post by tazz21 »

I don't know about the human timekeepers but I do know of at least 3 schools in the area with brand new clocks that seem to have minds of their own without human interference.
Even so, keeping the scorebook or clock are difficult jobs to do properly and correctly. At a good experienced table you will hear a lot of chatter as to who did what, how many fouls, etc. It's very easy to get lost in the moment and caught up in the game even if you are an experienced
scorer/timekeeper.
I think I kept book a couple times for my boy's freshman team. (Probably got behind in that.)

Return to “Boys Basketball”