5. Greenfield
6. Unioto
7. Jackson
8/9 Circleville/MT

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: D-II Official Results

Post by 93Bulldog »

Cool ... thx ... I guess that settles the argument about Athens and Warren eh?

But like I said before - it won't matter a hill-of-beans because only 2 teams come out of Logan ... your gonna have to beat an excellent team (or maybe even two) just to make it to the Convo this year.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I have a friend at Jackson High and he said the Logan draw had some drama to it. Cant believe that after VC win last night they fall to the 5 seed. I also thought Warren would be the 2 seed. I still think Athens should have been the 1 seed. But all of the drama is politics and perceptions.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^
how in the heck can you say that Athens should have been the one over Logan Elm.
Last edited by bengalfan76 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

Solomon,

You think Athens should have been 1 and Warren the 2......where would you put Logan Elm 3?

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Tough sectional! Any 2 of the top 6 could make it to the Convo, and "BASKETBALL-THIRTY."With the weather playing havoc on things, the sectional could be decided before the TVC is finished.
Congrats to the Bulldogs on a fine season.
GO VIKES
Last edited by VIKED_MAN on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I suppose I was thinking since Warren beat Chillicothe that was good win. But you are right, it would have to be Athens 1, LE 2, Warren 3, VC 4.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Solomon wrote:I have a friend at Jackson High and he said the Logan draw had some drama to it. Cant believe that after VC win last night they fall to the 5 seed. I also thought Warren would be the 2 seed. I still think Athens should have been the 1 seed. But all of the drama is politics and perceptions.

I definitely believe that. They still didn't get all the seedings right. Logan Elm as number one is correct and most important though. Regardless, now it is time to win or go home.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

My question is; what in the heck is Warren's record? Who did they beat? Fort Frye twice? What is their record? Belpre twice? They are 8-7. Marietta twice? They are 3-14. Gallia Academy twice? They are 6-11. Why would anyone think that they should be the two seed?

Karate Kid, I disagree. Athens is the number one seed, they did what it takes to win, they should not be punished for what others precieved to be a weaker conference. The SEOAL is not all that and a bag of skittles, there is only clear cut team in that league and that is Ironton. I can believe there was drama also, way to much politicking and butt kissing.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

You guys are right. I am sorry, I was just thinking it was a good win for Warren at Chillicothe. I guess there would be more to it than that.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Solomon wrote:You guys are right. I am sorry, I was just thinking it was a good win for Warren at Chillicothe. I guess there would be more to it than that.

Chillicothe was a good win for Warren.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

hawkeyepierce wrote:My question is; what in the heck is Warren's record? Who did they beat? Fort Frye twice? What is their record? Belpre twice? They are 8-7. Marietta twice? They are 3-14. Gallia Academy twice? They are 6-11. Why would anyone think that they should be the two seed?

Karate Kid, I disagree. Athens is the number one seed, they did what it takes to win, they should not be punished for what others precieved to be a weaker conference. The SEOAL is not all that and a bag of skittles, there is only clear cut team in that league and that is Ironton. I can believe there was drama also, way to much politicking and butt kissing.

Logan Elm is the best team in the Logan sectional.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Warren has also beaten Portsmouth at Portsmouth and beaten Jackson twice, as well as beaten Maysville. It's not like Warren lacks quality wins.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Warren's record 14-4

Warren's resume > Athens' resume

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Logan may be the best team but one of their losses came at the hands of the nuber 6 team.

Logan Elm, Athens, Warren, VC, and Sheridan all have a chance to make it out. All of these teams are good enough to beat one another and I wouldnt be surprised if any one of these teams make it to the Convo.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Daniel Larusso wrote:Warren's record 14-4

Warren's resume > Athens' resume

Warren may have more quality wins...but they also have3 more losses. That kinda levels it out imo. Theres a GREAT chance we WILL find out which one is better...and a trip to the Convo will be on the line!!!

javon white
Freshman Team

Post by javon white »

HP i also agree that the seoal is overrated this yr. Athens deserved the #2 or perhaps even the #1 although it is hard to argue with LE at #1.
Last edited by javon white on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Athens is in a better position at the 2 seed. I dont see Athens beating VC 3 times in one season.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

everyones arguement on this site is based on opinion and no facts.
if you want to argue for one team over another show game results, opponent records and such.
until then i say a 1 loss athens deserved the 2 seed at worst.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

doesn't athens play in a league now with mostly d3 schools?
what is their breakdown of wins against d2, d3, and d4?

Return to “Boys Basketball”