Boys Tournament draws today. What have you heard?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Boys Tournament draws today. What have you heard?

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I have heard that Peebles got the shaft by having to potentially play Portsmouth and Ironton in consecutive tourny games.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:I have heard that Peebles got the shaft by having to potentially play Portsmouth and Ironton in consecutive tourny games.

How did Peebles get the shaft? Should they have been awarded the 2 seed instead? They were awarded the #1 seed because they had the best record in their sectional. It's the luck of the draw. Unfortunately, for the Indians, the Jackson sectional is tough this year. Should cause some great games at the Convo!

Can't wait for Basketball-Thirty!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Does anyone know waverlys seed and who they play?

#2 Waverly vs Jackson

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Bear42 wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:I have heard that Peebles got the shaft by having to potentially play Portsmouth and Ironton in consecutive tourny games.

How did Peebles get the shaft? Should they have been awarded the 2 seed instead? They were awarded the #1 seed because they had the best record in their sectional. It's the luck of the draw. Unfortunately, for the Indians, the Jackson sectional is tough this year. Should cause some great games at the Convo!

:-D I was not referring to the seeding in particular, but rather the puzzling grouping of talent in the Jackson sectional and its potential impact on my home town team. After looking at the bracket I would love to have had the 2 or 3 seed(And somehow still be able to keep our perfect record :122249 ), the Indians' odds of making a deep tournament run would have been significantly increased.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
Bear42 wrote:

:-D I was not referring to the seeding in particular, but rather the puzzling grouping of talent in the Jackson sectional and its potential impact on my home town team. After looking at the bracket I would love to have had the 2 or 3 seed(And somehow still be able to keep our perfect record :122249 ), the Indians' odds of making a deep tournament run would have been significantly increased.

Exactly. Of course a 17-0 team should get the one seed, and we should play tough teams to get though the tournament. But for weeks everyon on this board has been saying that the Jackson sectional was loaded, and that's why we have a rougher seed than the #2 or #3. Just the way it worked out.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
Bear42 wrote:

Plus the political game that is played at these drawings reared its ugly head to cause this as well! Just another reason why the tournament draw needs changed!

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

I actually liked the old way where #1 and # 2 went to opposite brackets and then you drew a pill to see when you got to place your team on the bracket. Luck played a part and you didn't get coaches calling each other to make deals. The central District went back to a form of this system to try to promote better crowds. Nobody wants to drive very far to see a game where there is no chance of an upset. YEAH i KNOW YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME AND THERE IS ALWAYS A CHANCE, BUT IN MOST CASES, NO ONE WAS THERE TO SEE IT.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i think it would have been interesting if the southeast did what other districts in the state do and that is; the number one seed can choose where they want to go on the bracket, number two seed goes on where they want next and on down the ladder. it would have been interesting to see if some of the better schools would have jumped in the peebles bracket or run away from them.
in cincinnati taft just moved down from d2 this year and they are probably one of the top 5 schools regardless of division in the cincinnati area. the next seeds all ran away from them giving them a very easy road to the district. i believe ripley was the 8th seed and ended up in the taft side of the bracket. using the se method ripley would have to have beaten the 9 seed then they would have to play taft anyway. you can go to swdba site to see the exact way it played out. at least the way the other districts do it a team would have a choice and not be stuck with their opponent.

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

No matter which way you do it there is going to be problems. Even with the pill method I think people will be complaining that they got screwed. I like the idea of the pill method, but you can not please everyone no matter which way you go. I am sure there are plenty of people out there that like the current method in the SE district as opposed to the pill method.

Either way you cant please everyone. No true way to say which way is best.

Maybe have a third party come in and seed each sectional.

Return to “Boys Basketball”