Waterboy

What is it going to take to get NB basketball to the top

Post by Tigerfan11 »

What is it going to take?

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: What is it going to take to get NB basketball to the top

Post by Hoggy »

When was the last time NB won the SOC I Title?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Tigerfan11 wrote:What is it going to take?

Combine with another school

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

I think eairly 200's two years ago they played at symes valley for the soc and lost a close game...but i don't think combing with another school will help wen they get their new school it should help bring in some more kids

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Tigerfan11 wrote:I think eairly 200's two years ago they played at symes valley for the soc and lost a close game...but i don't think combing with another school will help wen they get their new school it should help bring in some more kids

Isn't the new school building on hold? I thought I seen in the paper a few weeks ago it was, but it didnt say for how long.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Tartanblue wrote:
Tigerfan11 wrote:I think eairly 200's two years ago they played at symes valley for the soc and lost a close game...but i don't think combing with another school will help wen they get their new school it should help bring in some more kids

Isn't the new school building on hold? I thought I seen in the paper a few weeks ago it was, but it didnt say for how long.

The building of the new school at the selected site is on hold. There are other sites within New Boston that are currently being look at and as soon as a site is selected and the State approves (which they had already done for the pool site) the school should be built.

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

Practice, Practice, Practice

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

I believe that a successful program begins with the feeder programs and community support. The fundamentals must be taught all the way up through the levels and the young men have to be willing to put in the extra effort during the Summer.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:

Combine with another school

That is exactly what I was thinking.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

The new school should increase enrollement, and that will help. The OHSAA.org website only shows them with 38 boys. It's hard to pick a winning team out of 38 boys and compete with teams like SW who have 118. I think the DIV 4 cut off is 128.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

my2cents wrote:The new school should increase enrollement, and that will help. The OHSAA.org website only shows them with 38 boys. It's hard to pick a winning team out of 38 boys and compete with teams like SW who have 118. I think the DIV 4 cut off is 128.

How do you figure that a new school will increase enrollement significantly enough to help the BB program??? There is a whole lot of new schools in the area now

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:
my2cents wrote:The new school should increase enrollement, and that will help. The OHSAA.org website only shows them with 38 boys. It's hard to pick a winning team out of 38 boys and compete with teams like SW who have 118. I think the DIV 4 cut off is 128.

How do you figure that a new school will increase enrollement significantly enough to help the BB program??? There is a whole lot of new schools in the area now

"Build it, and they will come."

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

I believe that with the amount of boys in the school that Coach Stapleton has done a very nice job. It has to be hard to consistently be good with very few boys in the school. They are going to go through cycles of being good and being bad.

Coach Stapleton is doing a very nice job with those Glenwood Tigers!!

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:

You have to figure there are kids who currently live in the New Boston area whose parents have chosen to take them to the newer schools. When NB new school is completed they will come back. One advantage they will lose though it that cracker box gym that always seems to play to their advantage because most other schools aren't used to playing on a floor that small.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

If the kids who are there now spend more time in the gym over the summer when it is available then they can improve

Return to “Boys Basketball”