What's Left 4 Warren: 2/17-Logan, 2/19-Gallia, 2/23-F.Union

WHSwarrior
Varsity

What's Left 4 Warren: 2/17-Logan, 2/19-Gallia, 2/23-F.Union

Post by WHSwarrior »

Warren (14-4, 8-4) has 2 regular season games left.

Tues 2/16 a makeup game against the Logan Chieftains from 2/5...a home game
Friday 2/19 a scheduled tripleheader and Senior Night against the Gallia Academy Blue Devils, Fresh @ 5

Their sectional matchup is set for Tues, 2/23 at Logan HS against Fairfield Union, game at 8.

Anyone discuss?

**Logan game has been ppd until 2/17.
Last edited by WHSwarrior on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Re: What's Left 4 Warren: 2/16-Logan, 2/19-Gallia, 2/23-F.Union

Post by warriorfrosh »

It's a very exciting time in Warrior country right now! 9 out of the last 10 games won (Ironton loss by 1) and getting AC back just at the right time....we have two games this week to get him back in the flow...and with Ellenwood and Fivecoait now hitting on all cylinders, look out....not to mention Venham is a man among boys and Lang has show some offensive spark (shooting and driving) the past several weeks....and Knost is as "mean" as they come inside (of course in a positive way).....and a solid developing support cast who can contribute....I really look forward to this week and getting into the post season....we have a lot of momentum right now.....be great to peak over the next few weeks.....wish for the younger guys there was a jv tourney for them to strut their stuff!

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Yes it is very exciting right now!! We need that supporting cast which has developed nicely in AC's absence to play their roles and this team will run like a well oiled machine. Lets go Warriors one game at a time don't get caught looking ahead.

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Whats it gonna take?
Well Phil and I have come up with some key things: Sure ur ready for them so here they are....
BENCHPLAY- MUST USE THE BENCH AS THEY DID IN THE JACKSON GAME
CHEMISTRY-MUST PLAY AS A GROUP AS WELL AS THEY DID WITHOUT AC/NOW WITH HIM
POST PLAY- NEED TO PASS THE BALL BACK OUTSIDE IF YOU FIND YOURSELF DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMED WITH NO WILD AND FORCED SHOTS (MR.VENHAM)
ROTATION-NEED TO FIND MINUTES FOR EVERYONE AND KEEP PLAYERS FRESH AND SUBS NEED CONFIDENCE AND NEED TO BE IN FLOW OF GAME AT SOMEPOINT
TEAM-WARRIORS NEED TO UNITE CLOSER THAN THEY HAVE THE ENTIRE SEASON-ALL AS ONE REGARDLESS OF GRADE
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ALL-DEFENSE-MUST PLAY BEST DEFENSE TEAM HAS PLAYED ALL YEAR ----BIG WEAKNESS! ANOTHER REASON TO USE BENCH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!!
SO GOOD LUCK FROM CC AND COACH JACKSON!
:12222 THE SUN COMES OUT TMRW

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Warrior C C wrote:Whats it gonna take?
Well Phil and I have come up with some key things: Sure ur ready for them so here they are....
BENCHPLAY- MUST USE THE BENCH AS THEY DID IN THE JACKSON GAME
CHEMISTRY-MUST PLAY AS A GROUP AS WELL AS THEY DID WITHOUT AC/NOW WITH HIM
POST PLAY- NEED TO PASS THE BALL BACK OUTSIDE IF YOU FIND YOURSELF DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMED WITH NO WILD AND FORCED SHOTS (MR.VENHAM)
ROTATION-NEED TO FIND MINUTES FOR EVERYONE AND KEEP PLAYERS FRESH AND SUBS NEED CONFIDENCE AND NEED TO BE IN FLOW OF GAME AT SOMEPOINT
TEAM-WARRIORS NEED TO UNITE CLOSER THAN THEY HAVE THE ENTIRE SEASON-ALL AS ONE REGARDLESS OF GRADE
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ALL-DEFENSE-MUST PLAY BEST DEFENSE TEAM HAS PLAYED ALL YEAR ----BIG WEAKNESS! ANOTHER REASON TO USE BENCH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!!
SO GOOD LUCK FROM CC AND COACH JACKSON!
:12222 THE SUN COMES OUT TMRW
Yes, I can agree with this. If Venham can push his way to the basket and at least get fouled, then I'd say go for it, otherwise, pass it out. GO WARRIORS!!!! :122245 :122245

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

The Logan game has been postponed until tomorrow.

339 Tiger
Waterboy

Re: What's Left 4 Warren: 2/17-Logan, 2/19-Gallia, 2/23-F.Union

Post by 339 Tiger »

Gettin Better CC! Good post! Warriors need to do just what You said on all levels!
Agree about Venham and it would only benefit him if he could learn to do that...and as far as Benchplay..thats def a Huge factor I think! So whatever you drank lastnight, keep drinking it cause you made a little sense and wasnt bashing like your new pal Bluemoon has been recently :aaaaa24
So Good Luck Warriors and I wished their was a JV Tournament, wow would that be a treat!
And 1 More thing CC.......I hope the darn Sun comes out tmrw because I am so sick of this Snow and school being closed that Im going crazy!

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

He must of had a Bluemoon, mister hypocrite!!!!

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

anyone know Warren's 3pt percentage for the year?...come on warriormom i know you know someone that has the stats...

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

This Logan game could be iffy...it's still snowing in Washington Co.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

3 pt percent? Guess between 20 to 30 per cent? closer to 20?

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Tyler Engle held the state record and was 32 or 33% what's your point? Its still a part of the game.
I don't like it any more than anybody else. My Point very seldom do we rebound. KNOWING it doesn't go in 70% of the time WE STILL DONT REBOUND that shot. The defense was just pulled out 20' from the basket, and we don't get the ball.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

I have to say I've been extremely pleased with the Warriors this season. We're down to the most important part of the year, closing in on a 15+ win season. I think we're at a point in the year where we can quit focusing on what we aren't and make sure that we do what we're capable of on a nightly basis. By no means am I saying that we can't improve, but as long as the Warriors continue to practice hard, I think it's time to enjoy the ride.

Seniors, it's time to cement a legacy. I have high hopes for the post season. FU can not be taken lightly though, I've seem them play this year and they are a very dangerous team (one who beat Logan Elm).

Let's get to 16-4 and be the first team to bring back a district title to Vincent.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Due to the nature of the shot 3 pointers do often lead to long rebounds which are difficult to anticipate....yes we can always rebound better but we must be doing pretty well to be 14-4....

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Is the Warren-Logan game still on for Wednesday?

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

I'm hearing the game is still ON at this point!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

The game is officially ON.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

BTW, I agree with Tribtime. It's great for the team to be getting attention, but it would be better if the attention was just plain positive. Everyone gets it. There are folks who think that some of the JV players should be getting more minutes. Naturally, the varsity player that scores the least points (note that I didn't say has a "bad" game, because the varsity player could be doing a great job defensively, rebounding, etc. but only scoring seems to count here) is the one that should be replaced. Any apparent defect gets called out here. Literally every varsity player has taken a turn as the whipping boy.

Look, the team is 14-4 and every varsity player has earned the respect of the community. Can we please dispense with the critical junk for the rest of the season? There are plenty of things to talk about other than individual players and slight defects that all us experts observe.

Really, I don't read any other team's forums where a team so successful is so continuously criticized. We look like we have a few screws loose.

Try these topics:

Is Logan back to full strength again?

How many Warren teams have had 14+ win seasons?

Does anyone know anything about FU? I know they beat LE. I know they have a kid back (Feasel?). I hear they are pretty good.

Can Warren finally win the district?

Thought of another one . . .

When is the last time Warren swept the other Washington County teams? (We swept em' in Football too!)

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Warrnwarriorfan.............Fairfield Union is very inconsistent this year. Yea, they beat LE but then they turn right around and lose to the worst team in the league Amanda. The only thing that makes them somewhat scary is that they can play to the level of the competition. And yes the Feasel boy is back but I`m not sure that is ultimately a good thing as he may end up disrupting the rotation and any cohesion that the team has developed without him.
They are 7-10 right now and play three of the best teams in the MSL in three consecutive nights, Thurs., Fri., and Sat. afternoon. They could easily end up 7-13.
FU has a 6`7 center who can shoot the 3 and baseline jumpers but doesn`t have great post moves. He is skinny and can get pushed around underneath. All other players are around 6`0.
It all comes down to which FU team shows up on a given night. The one that somehow beat LE or the one that lost to Amanda.
Good Luck to both teams and I for one am getting tired of playing you guys in the first round. It seems like we have played you guys every year.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

I have always said it should be a Warren goal every year to win the league and go 6-0 against washington county teams. Going 6-0 against the county is something that i have no memory of ever being done before.

2004-8-12, losses to all WC teams (1-5) (coach maddox's only losing season at Warren)
2005-17-3, lost to Jackson, VC, and belpre i believe
2006-17-3, lost to Belpre @ home, Marietta on road, and someone else (memory isnt working right now)
2007- 11-9 lost to FF,Marietta (2-4)
2008-14-6 lost to FF (5-1)
2009- lost to FF, Marietta (2-4)
2010-14-4, finally undefeated against the county

congrats guys.

Return to “Boys Basketball”