What's Left 4 Warren: 2/17-Logan, 2/19-Gallia, 2/23-F.Union

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Re: What's Left 4 Warren: 2/17-Logan, 2/19-Gallia, 2/23-F.Union

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

warrnwarriorfan, piont well taken, I enjoy the positive ride and will look forward to taking it. Hope a few others come along too.
Looking forward and hoping we can get past our forever stoping point. I know we can do it, we have what it takes now we just have to be hungry and work for it.

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:
Try these topics:

Is Logan back to full strength again?

How many Warren teams have had 14+ win seasons?

Does anyone know anything about FU? I know they beat LE. I know they have a kid back (Feasel?). I hear they are pretty good.

Can Warren finally win the district?

Thought of another one . . .

When is the last time Warren swept the other Washington County teams? (We swept em' in Football too!)

I hope the Warren fans are not looking past Athens. IF Warren beats FU, they have to play Athens or Gallia (I'm taking Athens by at least 5). Don't do too much speculating just yet. It could be a jinx. :122249

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

How can they look past someone thats not on their schedule? :122246

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

First off, props to Logan. What an excellently played game. To be leading in the 4th quarter against a team that beat you by 20 pts at your gym, that's a great sign for a possible postseason run. If Dietz hadn't been forced into foul trouble, I don't know that Warren would have been able to win. Great game, Logan, and best of luck in the tournament.

Now, Warren....not pretty, but a gritty win, the kind that shows you that every team is going to give you their best shot from here on out. AC...it's good to have you back. The AC-Venham combo is strong as ever. Brandon Fivecoait is the grittiest player in the SEOAL and should be all-league even if he's not scoring. He's that crucial to the success of this team. There were some negatives in this game, for sure, but Warren kept its cool (for the most part) and toughed it out. They call that character. Learn from this game, enjoy a great win, and let's keep rolling for sectional play.

AxGrinder...we aren't looking past Athens. Actually, we aren't looking past Fairfield Union...b/c we've got to play them first. Shouldn't you be paying attention to Gallia, who is a pretty scrappy team that can play much better than its record? Would hate to see the inflated 19-1 record go up in smoke in an upset loss.

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

jcbigblue thanks for the stats...i wasnt trying to make a point i guess i should have asked for all the shooting stats because im sure its not better inside the 3 point line...if youve got the time i would like a percentage for the year inside the 3 and especially from the foul line...i liked the win lastnight against logan they always play well in our gym and i dont know why...especially with the hostile environment from the student section lastnight.... :lol: ...keep on rollin

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

We had a girls game going on at the same time last night, and we also haven't had school since Feb 8....neither of those help with creating a great environment for a student section.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Why is Warren trying to get in TVC, so they can inflate their record too? Nobody in Athens is looking past Gallia.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

At last hearing, Warren had been denied entry into the TVC and has not issued notice to the SEOAL or anyone else that it's leaving.

If Warren were to join the TVC, Athens' record would be LESS inflated...they'd be playing another same-sized opponent twice a year...I cannot argue with the fact that Warren will have less competition if they move to the TVC-Ohio as it stands now.

Best of luck with Gallia next week...I really don't want to play Gallia twice in a week if we beat F.Union.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

I hope Warren gets the oppurtunity to play Athens, Warren will end the speculation in a hurry. I would love to see Athens record if they played Ironton, Chilly, Portsmouth twice. Say goodbye to that 19-1 record more like 14-6 if that.

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

Nice game from the Blue and White now its time to honor the seniors for all their hard work Friday versus Gallia.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Thanks, seniors.
Last edited by warrnwarriorfan on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

Great Post Mr. Ellenwood...all three of these seniors will be sincerely missed next year

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

As the leader of the senior class off the athletic fields, Lemme tell ya, its been one heck of a ride. I don't think that anyone would have imagined, when we came here as freshmen, some of the accomplishments our class would show. Restored football program to success. Took volleyball program through coaching change and back to sectional title. Led girls basketball program through coaching change and won a sectional title. Multiple SEOAL, district, regional titles in track and cross country. Boys basketball program may not have the talent of two years ago...but this is a MADDOX team. And the result? 15-4, second place in the league, ultra competitive and a tight-knit crew that loves the game and can take anybody on. Academically, we've accomplished a lot. Senior Night is about celebrating the senior athletes, and Brandon, Andrew, and Clay (as well as the girls seniors and the lone wrestling senior, Erik Mason) all should be proud of instrumental roles in helping Warren athletics climb back to the top.

Excited for my final home game in the stands as a WHS student. Best of luck, guys. Thanks for a great ride.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Yes great posts WWFan and WHSwarrior! Our seniors are awesome! There were some long faces around Warrior country when we were 5-3 but its been a real joy to see how they have responded and lead this team to a memorable and successful season. Can't wait to tonight and honoring our seniors.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

All Warrior fans need to come out and represent tonight, these Seniors have been terrific and deserve everyones support. Freshman tipoff @5. Students this is the last home game so be loud and make your presence felt. Go Warriors!!!! Clay, Brandon, and Andrew this is your night to shine make the most of it and enjoy the evening, you guys have earned it, Thank you for your dedication and desire for the game of basketball it has been exciting to watch you play.
Last edited by jcbigblue on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

339 Tiger
Waterboy

Post by 339 Tiger »

GREAT night ahead! Rumor has it that Yoho could see playing time? Not sure if its true or could happen, but think that it would be the best gesture that Warren sports has done since I was an Alumni! It would be a true moment to remember for someone who has been such a critical part of Warrior basketball! What a special person, and a true friend to everyone he comes in contact with! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE AND IM SURE THAT OUR BOYS WILL REMEMBER THE TIMES YOU HAVE GIVEN THEM AND THE MEMORIES THAT THEY WILL TAKE WITH THEM AFTER THEY GRADUATE! SO IF THIS DOES HAPPEN, THEN HATS OFF TO COACH MADDOX FOR SHOWING WHAT KIND OF A TRUE PERSON HE IS!
MR.FIVECOAIT,MR.ELLENWOOD, AND MR LANG...IT HAS BEEN A TRUE PLEASURE TO WATCH YOU GUYS OVER THE YEARS AND THANK YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE. YOU HAVE SHOWN TREMENDOUS CLASS IN REPRESENTING OUR SCHOOL ON AND OFF THE FLOOR AND SHOULD BE PROUD OF EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ACHIEVED! I AM SPEAKING FOR EVERY WARRIOR FAN OUT THERE IN WARRIOR NATION IM SURE....WE ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU AND THANK YOU FOR LEAVING US WITH SOME GREAT MEMORIES! GOOD LUCK TONIGHT AND WE LUV YOU ALL!

WarriorDome
Waterboy

Post by WarriorDome »

Final

Warren 65
Gallia 28

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

tribetime wrote:I have always said it should be a Warren goal every year to win the league and go 6-0 against washington county teams. Going 6-0 against the county is something that i have no memory of ever being done before.

2004-8-12, losses to all WC teams (1-5) (coach maddox's only losing season at Warren)
2005-17-3, lost to Jackson, VC, and belpre i believe
2006-17-3, lost to Belpre @ home, Marietta on road, and someone else (memory isnt working right now)
2007- 11-9 lost to FF,Marietta (2-4)
2008-14-6 lost to FF (5-1)
2009- lost to FF, Marietta (2-4)
2010-14-4, finally undefeated against the county

congrats guys.

01-02 lost to marietta
00-01 lost to belpre, fort frye
99-00 lost to marietta, fort frye
98-99 lost to belpre
97-98 lost to fort frye
96-97 unsure, this may have been the only warren team to go undefeated against the county before this year
If they did lose it was most likely to Clint Hayes and Fort Frye at the Fort.

warriorfan79
Riding the Bench

Post by warriorfan79 »

JV score
Warren 57
Gallia 33

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Congrats seniors that is the way to go out at home, excellent game from all. Fivecoait keep it up you will eventually get that slam put back you are wanting so much. Seniors keep this team rolling one game at a time, stay focused! Yoho great night from you, all your hardwork paid off

Return to “Boys Basketball”