News just in..

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

News just in..

Post by jacksonoaks »

I just heard it today that Norm Persin was being selected to be a coach for the All-American Mcdonald Classic

val13
Freshman Team

Re: News just in..

Post by val13 »

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

This is an amazing accomplishment. What is the criteria looked for when Ronald decides who will coach his teams?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

goodness

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

Thats AWESOME Norm, what a privledge

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hopefully when he's done coaching he'll have something good to put on his resume....lol

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

That's been out for awhile. Norm and Dru Joyce from ASVSM will be Co-Head Coaches of the East.

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

both being from ohio--were the coaches predetermined to be from ohio and these are the chosen two? does anyone know how this works?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

If you know the right people you can get a lot of things.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

athens78 wrote:If you know the right people you can get a lot of things.

I hope I'm not taking this the wrong way. What could you possibly say negative about this accomplishment? I'm hoping you not saying he got this by who he knows.

Great accomplishment. But I got a give Norm some advice here.......Nobody is going to want to see your 2-3 zone in that game! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You might have to get into the play book where they play above the rim. hehe

Congratulations Coach Persin!

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exciting One »

This is true. However it will not be officially released until Saturday. Been biting my tounge for a week now! Congrats Coach! Not only do you manipiulate schedules and the weather but now you have the power to manipulate Michael Jordan and McDonalds! Very Exciting! :aaaaa59

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

JEALOUSY is a KILLER is it not.. :-D

PATTYCAKES
Freshman Team

Post by PATTYCAKES »

He should be the coach, hes good at coaching hand picked all star teams.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

PATTYCAKES wrote:He should be the coach, hes good at coaching hand picked all star teams.

And what you good at?

People can't except that someone from SE Ohio had had a major accomplishment. I've never been a huge Norm Persin fan. His kids play hard and he has been successful. Bottom line that makes him a good coach! Obviously others have noticed it and he is being rewarded. Once again, congratulations Coach!

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Great Point, seems like in SE ohio instead of standing behind one another and being happy we get rewards as such, when one those we dog them and try to point fingers at anything and everything they have done wrong.

Out of Bounds wrote:
PATTYCAKES wrote:He should be the coach, hes good at coaching hand picked all star teams.

And what you good at?

People can't except that someone from SE Ohio had had a major accomplishment. I've never been a huge Norm Persin fan. His kids play hard and he has been successful. Bottom line that makes him a good coach! Obviously others have noticed it and he is being rewarded. Once again, congratulations Coach!

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

:mrgreen: IT'S SHOWING!
Out of Bounds wrote:
athens78 wrote:If you know the right people you can get a lot of things.

I hope I'm not taking this the wrong way. What could you possibly say negative about this accomplishment? I'm hoping you not saying he got this by who he knows.

Great accomplishment. But I got a give Norm some advice here.......Nobody is going to want to see your 2-3 zone in that game! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You might have to get into the play book where they play above the rim. hehe

Congratulations Coach Persin!

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

Could be the most boring McDonald's allstar game of all time with the score in the 40's. Lol

GO TIGERS!!!

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

I love southeast Ohio!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... great culmination of many, many accomplishments by one of the best "coaches" in Southern/Southeastern Ohio - Congratulation to Coach Norm Persin ... some have said they are not fans of Coach Persin - I on the other hand have always been a fan of Coach Norm , he has developed outstanding "programs" everywhere he has been ... programs built on solid fundamentals, where kids learn and are knowledgeable of game of basketball ... Southeastern Ohio should be proud to have one of it's own recognized and chosen to participate court side in this event ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

I've always wondered why Persin isn't the head coach at Rio Grande. He has ties to the university and could legally recruit and pick his team. Don't particularly care for him, but he gets results. More than I can say for Rio this season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”