News just in..

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Re: News just in..

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Bucknut27 wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
datchillicav wrote:Well since everyone on here seems to be a hater, I'll just go ahead and say CONGRATULATIONS. Outstanding honor. He probably did know a few people to get this but who cares. I could know the same people and they wouldn't choose me. lol. Great honor and may he represent SEO well.

No hate at all from here......just FACTS. :)

How old are you 12? Jealousy will get you nowhere in this world.

Jealous ???? :lol: :lol: I assume you're joking..... and btw...I've already BEEN everywhere in this world. Barrack and I have been to all 57 states and 236 countries. I left bread crumbs for you...

While at Chesapeake he had at LEAST 11-12 teams ranked in the states top 10 media polls and not once did he ever make it out of the region. Is that a fact or not?
I also said that I don't think he EVER beat Barrick in a tournament game and nobody has disputed that yet so I just don't see the big to-do about Norm. Sounds like maybe some other coaches (eg Barrick) might be more worthy. Heck, even his young son-in-law walked in the gym for a couple of years and won the state title. !!
Also, don't accuse me of saying he is not a worthwhile person, I haven't said that at all and that doesn't have anything to do with the thread, but that doesn't create the need for all the hoopla about his basketball prowess. :roll:

PS... Stealing that "towel" bit from Tarkanian doesn't help much either. You'd think he could be a little more original.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

The Exciting One wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
datchillicav wrote:Well since everyone on here seems to be a hater, I'll just go ahead and say CONGRATULATIONS. Outstanding honor. He probably did know a few people to get this but who cares. I could know the same people and they wouldn't choose me. lol. Great honor and may he represent SEO well.

No hate at all from here......just FACTS. :)

Bag..... :roll:

Gag..... :roll:

(You have one hell of a vocabulary.) :lol:

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Congrats!! I am going to agree with datchillicav... it probably did help to know a few people... but how does he know these people? I'm guessing because of his success.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

soc2fan wrote:
gunit wrote:I've never understood why people think we need to be fans of others in the area. :roll:

Most people, including me, do not agree with teams set up like Oak Hill's boys and girls teams. I didn't care when Webster or Oak Hill won state. I also think it's amusing that Burg is struggling with their transfer and I also don't think it is right that Portsmouth has a kid who only shows up to play basketball.

Congratulations on getting picked for the game, maybe you can bully your way with the refs at an all star game :)

the way i see it is if you are a high school kid and you want to further your athletic abilities then do it. i dont really care about transfers and all that hootin and hollerin about staying loyal blah blah blah if your school isnt making any progress and you want to be coached by some of the best in the area and want to play with the best athletes in the area then do it. those kids got state championships,state runners up and state final 4 from it and one heck of an experience and worked there butts off all season just like any other kids do and if i know coach barrick, coach persin, and coach hale right they probably work harder then any school around. they are all high school athletes trying to better themselves and be the best at what they do so i dont see what the problem is. get over it and stop being jealous and stubborn about it! Coach Persin has worked hard just like all the other coaches. the Columbus, Cleveland, and Cincinnati area schools are transferring a whole lot more than anyone around here

and you know this how? Can you provide a link to prove this please?

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

CONGRATS NORM

Joesouth
Riding the Bench

Post by Joesouth »

589-151 record is nothing to sneeze at and thats a pretty good winning percentage it deserves something.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Congrats Coach on a great accomplishment. I am very proud as a former player.

Falcon is a complete tool. He is a high school kid who still lives with Mom and Dad and thinks it is ok to throw stones from his castle.

Let me throw some facts out for you. I played for the man, coached under the man, and have had tons of oppurtunities opened to me because of the man.

He did beat Wheelrsburg in 1997 or 1998 in the District semi-finals.

What is wrong with going to the eilte 8 5 times while at Chesapeake? Knowing you are one of the best 8 teams in the state is a great accomplishment. Often times it is all about the matchup you have in the regional finals. 1998 Chesapeake lost to State Champ Sparta Highland in OT. Sparta went on to blow everyone out in the Semi and State Final. in 2004 Chesapeak lost to Bellaire who had a 6'10 giant and a division one player and current NFL player. CHesapeake had a 6'5 center to deal with Agnew and still had a shot to win at the buzzer.

Chesapeake under Norm went out and played nationally ranked teams like Scott County, St. Patricks and Runne Meade (ontario).

Norm runs and have run the Nike All-American Camp, 5-star camp, UK Camp under Pitino and Tubby, ND Camp, Michael Jordan, and Lebron James. I guess those top flight coaches and directors of the camps trust him enough to let him run their camps.

BTW, your ignorant rant about Oak Hill winning because they were loaded, Chesapeake had 5+ teams better (talent) than that team that won state. Norm did not wake up and become a great coach last year, he has always been a great coach.

99% of the great coaches in Ohio have a built in advantage. They can recruit because they are at private schools (Dru Joyce) or they coach at Cin Princeton, St. Iggy, Moller, etc. You have a much larger area to draw from at schools like these obviously.

Coach Osbourne at Gallia Academey is looked at by most at one of the best coaches in Ohio. News flash, 1 regional appearence. So you want to point to Norms record in the regionals which his teams have been to 9 times while under Norm, then know how stupid you look when you do it.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

peake wrote:Congrats Coach on a great accomplishment. I am very proud as a former player.

Falcon is a complete tool. He is a high school kid who still lives with Mom and Dad and thinks it is ok to throw stones from his castle.

Let me throw some facts out for you. I played for the man, coached under the man, and have had tons of oppurtunities opened to me because of the man.

He did beat Wheelrsburg in 1997 or 1998 in the District semi-finals.

What is wrong with going to the eilte 8 5 times while at Chesapeake? Knowing you are one of the best 8 teams in the state is a great accomplishment. Often times it is all about the matchup you have in the regional finals. 1998 Chesapeake lost to State Champ Sparta Highland in OT. Sparta went on to blow everyone out in the Semi and State Final. in 2004 Chesapeak lost to Bellaire who had a 6'10 giant and a division one player and current NFL player. CHesapeake had a 6'5 center to deal with Agnew and still had a shot to win at the buzzer.

Chesapeake under Norm went out and played nationally ranked teams like Scott County, St. Patricks and Runne Meade (ontario).

Norm runs and have run the Nike All-American Camp, 5-star camp, UK Camp under Pitino and Tubby, ND Camp, Michael Jordan, and Lebron James. I guess those top flight coaches and directors of the camps trust him enough to let him run their camps.

BTW, your ignorant rant about Oak Hill winning because they were loaded, Chesapeake had 5+ teams better (talent) than that team that won state. Norm did not wake up and become a great coach last year, he has always been a great coach.

99% of the great coaches in Ohio have a built in advantage. They can recruit because they are at private schools (Dru Joyce) or they coach at Cin Princeton, St. Iggy, Moller, etc. You have a much larger area to draw from at schools like these obviously.

Coach Osbourne at Gallia Academey is looked at by most at one of the best coaches in Ohio. News flash, 1 regional appearence. So you want to point to Norms record in the regionals which his teams have been to 9 times while under Norm, then know how stupid you look when you do it.

That's a great post. There are many people on here that instead of congratulating one of our own who has taught the game of basketball to many boys in southeastern Ohio, they would rather be full of jealousy. You will never change their minds.

People who are knowledgeable about the game know what Norm has accomplished through his great career.

Return to “Boys Basketball”