Commissioners needed?

soccerfix
Varsity

Commissioners needed?

Post by soccerfix »

With the coaches playing games with the schedules, are commissioners needed to be a czar to reschedule games? Even in baseball, coaches can't agree to play because of pitching rotations. It's ridiculous to cancel a game and schedule a makeup 6 weeks later. What do you think?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Commissioners needed?

Post by smurray »

I said that after this Oak Hill debacle. Games need to made up at the next available date. Oak Hill had a game with South Webster cancelled in January and not scheduled to be made up until today (Feb.16), after the tourny draw. The game with postponed with Waverly should have been played this past Saturday as both teams sat at home doing nothing, but Norm wouldn't play it until after the tourny draw.
Doesn't the league have a commissioner or someone who assigned officials? Why couldn't that person be involved in re-scheduling these games? It's just getting rediculous.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

You refuse to make up a game it should be a forfeit. I feel the ref in charge of the game makes a call to the ad's if one refuses then its a forfeit, and they should have to pay for the refs who are losing money on the games as well. You schedule it you play it.
Waverly's Jv is only getting 14 games in this yr. a very young team who could use all the games they can get. JMO

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

This thread has been read 227 times and only Waverly people have responded. I guess we are the only ones that believe that something needs to be done. The SVC in baseball won't put up with it. You get canceled you play the next night even if you have a non league game scheduled. I'm sure that the referee assigners don't want to take this task on but they would be my choice. Pay them extra.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I agree. Not playing when you are capable of playing is nonsense.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

sounds like Norm was scared of the tigers....

Return to “Boys Basketball”