Peake over South Point 2/19

ovc fan
Varsity

Re: Peake over South Point 2/19

Post by ovc fan »

And no way Kennedy is 6"8. I think more like 6'6 but they have him listed at 6'7....either way, he's got me by about a foot!

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

buckey fan wrote:bucksfan76,
If you don't like to take jabs at high school players, then maybe you just need to try a little harder.
It's obvious that you are some what challenged intellectually and are probably a grade school
child.
We don't need this kind of player trashing on this site.
If you had actually been at both games you would have seen that kid score about 16 pts.,8 rbs.
and probably 3-4 blocked shots in first game. This is a prime example of why children should
be kept off this site.
I just happened to see both of those games, and when you are setting on the bench in foul trouble
for most of the game, how can you expect a player to play aggressive and tough.

Dont foul and you wont be in foul trouble :lol:

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

buckey fan wrote:bucksfan76,
If you don't like to take jabs at high school players, then maybe you just need to try a little harder.
It's obvious that you are some what challenged intellectually and are probably a grade school
child.
We don't need this kind of player trashing on this site.
If you had actually been at both games you would have seen that kid score about 16 pts.,8 rbs.
and probably 3-4 blocked shots in first game. This is a prime example of why children should
be kept off this site.
I just happened to see both of those games, and when you are setting on the bench in foul trouble
for most of the game, how can you expect a player to play aggressive and tough.

Calm down the guy is a good player I just think he can be aggressive from the start and get the other team into foul trouble.

But this game is over both games have been nail biters and I cant wait to see how the game goes up in jackson if South Point gets past p-west that is.

earp
S

Post by earp »

34 is McMasters he is just a 10th grader!

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

The Kennedy kid is becoming, each game, more and more imposing (physically) around the basket. At the beginning of the year I would agree that he was a little "soft". However, he has gained confidence in his game. He is strong and has a decent shot. Two things have hurt him through the season; the propensity to get into foul trouble (dropping his hands to block shots, etc. ), and the referees calling weak/cheap fouls against him. Through the course of this season and into next year, if he continues to get stronger (play wise) and grows more he will probably be the most imposing big man in the area. He is a great team player, coachable and willingly seems to accept accept his role on the team.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Congrats to the Peake. Lets get ready for the postseason. This should be a regional type of year.

Kennedy is a nice player. I think way too many Chesapeake people had too high expectations for him and made it known throughout the community. He is a nice player who can change the game in the post. It has been nice seeing him discover that he is much better in the post then trying to be a guard. McMaster is going to be special. I said from the start he was the key to this team. No one has yet to be able to match up with him this season.

I have seen South Point on more then one occassion, and I have been impressed with the fact that are able to keep it so close. To be honest, South Point does not have the type of talent that Chesapeake has, and it is not even close. I am not bashing South Point, they are a solid team, but I feel people are giving them a little too much talent.

Pfloyd you are jumping the gun a bit. This team has had a nice season and won their conference, but lets wait to see how they do in postseason. Chesapeake was at one time your #1 in your rankings, and now they are not in the top 8.

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

avalanche wrote:Congrats to the Peake. Lets get ready for the postseason. This should be a regional type of year.

Kennedy is a nice player. I think way too many Chesapeake people had too high expectations for him and made it known throughout the community. He is a nice player who can change the game in the post. It has been nice seeing him discover that he is much better in the post then trying to be a guard. McMaster is going to be special. I said from the start he was the key to this team. No one has yet to be able to match up with him this season.

I have seen South Point on more then one occassion, and I have been impressed with the fact that are able to keep it so close. To be honest, South Point does not have the type of talent that Chesapeake has, and it is not even close. I am not bashing South Point, they are a solid team, but I feel people are giving them a little too much talent.

Pfloyd you are jumping the gun a bit. This team has had a nice season and won their conference, but lets wait to see how they do in postseason. Chesapeake was at one time your #1 in your rankings, and now they are not in the top 8.

Avalanche: I think that South Point has talent that is good enough to beat Chesapeake when CHS isn't playing their "A" game. I think the same goes with about everyone they might face in the tournament. Chesapeake MUST come out at the begining of the game with intensity and NOT let the other team establish the game tempo. That has been the CHS problem all year long. CHS can compete with anyone in the tournament (and that certainly includes Portsmouth).

Return to “Boys Basketball”