Belpre 90 - Nelsonville 67

Eaglepapaw
S

Belpre 90 - Nelsonville 67

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Belpre won the make-up game with Nelsonville tonight 90-67 at the Eagles Nest. Great defense and good team basketball hopefully they can keep the good play going tomorrow night at Athens. GO EAGLES!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Belpre 90 - Nelsonville 67

Post by Orange and Brown »

WOW!!!! Did NY just lay down for this one??

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Belpre could be a little upset about not getting the 2 seed ... good win eagles

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I am glad we arent the ones that screwed them at the tournament draw :)

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

Spartan, i hope you didnt type that with a straight face! Belpre got it put to them at the tourney draw for sure. They are without question the second best team in the sectional but thats the way it works when the "politics" of the draw controls the voting. I would bet that Fairland is not real pleased to play Belpre at the 4 and I am sure Oak Hill isnt too pleased about it either. You can be sure they would both MUCH RATHER see Federal Hocking in that spot!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Let me assure you Popcorn I am completely serious. Belpre got a real hose job at the tourney draw. They have a reason to be upset if indeed they are upset. They beat all of those TVC Ohio teams in division 3 including Alexander 2 times and still did not get the 2 seed. Alex loses two games to them by double digets and get the two seed, aka the winner of RV and Wellston. The board should have stepped in when those results came in.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Spartan wrote:Let me assure you Popcorn I am completely serious. Belpre got a real hose job at the tourney draw. They have a reason to be upset if indeed they are upset. They beat all of those TVC Ohio teams in division 3 including Alexander 2 times and still did not get the 2 seed. Alex loses two games to them by double digets and get the two seed, aka the winner of RV and Wellston. The board should have stepped in when those results came in.

Awww the gold old boys network comes together again. I love when this crap comes back to bite those guys in the end. :lol:

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

It is want it is. Athens should have had the 1 seed but didn't get it. You had two teams with better records then Belpre. Federal had a better record then Belpre and also beat Belpre so they deserve to be a head of Belpre. I'd be surprised if they get by Fairland and I no the won't get by Oak Hill.

Federal also lost twice to Alex so Alex deserved to be a head of them.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

athens78 wrote:It is want it is. Athens should have had the 1 seed but didn't get it. You had two teams with better records then Belpre. Federal had a better record then Belpre and also beat Belpre so they deserve to be a head of Belpre. I'd be surprised if they get by Fairland and I no the won't get by Oak Hill.

Federal also lost twice to Alex so Alex deserved to be a head of them.

They had better records at the time of the drawing because they played more games and because Belpre had three games postponed due to weather that they would probably have won,2 against Wellston and one against Nelsonville which they won last night.Federal did beat them but it was a game that Belpre should have won at their gym and it went triple overtime.Look at the overall season and wins against the competition and there is no way either Alexander or Federal should be seeded above Belpre.
As far as Fairland and Oak Hill,we will just have to wait and see,but in the meantime you you might want to worry about your Bulldogs tonight.GO EAGLES!!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

When playing on the road, you are almost always considered the underdog when the teams are evenly matched. Homecourt advantage does count for a few points.

Belpre losing to FH on the road in 3 OTs is not a bad loss. Both are D3 teams and in the same sectional.

The tourney draw is what it is. Belpre could have helped themselves with 1 win against a D2 team.

Return to “Boys Basketball”