Varsity

Re: Logan @ Portsmouth on Friday, 2/19 UPDATES

Post by jeep80 »

Great job Trojans!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Logan @ Portsmouth on Friday, 2/19 UPDATES

Post by biggdowgg »

I think Dion was close to his second double / double in a row...

Wayne Evans may not play tommorow either, it is way more Important to have him healthy for the Tourney game.

trojan7
JV Team

Re: Final: @ Portsmouth 83 Logan 73 on 2/19

Post by trojan7 »

Very impressive win vs Logan even without Evans. Forrest started and played pretty well. He was definitely determined to score double digits. I was impressed with Logan's fight as they never quit and they can definitely shoot the ball. Their FG % in the 2nd half had to be pretty good. Actually the whole game they shot well. Tory Horne once again proved that he is NIGHTMARE for opposing teams. 31 points (20 in the 1st half)!!! Dion McKinley also had a great night rebounding the ball and getting buckets and putbacks around the rim. Good to see the Trojans pick up another W and hopefully they can keep it up and continue their winning streak going into the tournament. I doubt Wayne will play tomorrow but I don't expect the Trojans to miss a beat.

Check out tonight's game at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/trojan-sports-network

I now have the quarters marked and tomorrow I will make sure to put them in parts (ex. 1st quarter part 1, part 2 etc). I know theres a delay if u try to keep up live but I do know by the end of the half the first half was already uploaded.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Need a reserve score to complete league standings. Thanks.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Jottings wrote:Need a reserve score to complete league standings. Thanks.
Logan 49 Portsmouth 31

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Trojans on their 4th sweep of an SEOAL team.......Portsmouth is 8-0 vs. Logan, Gallia Academy, Jackson, and Marietta........a first for PHS.

This game was eerily similar to the game at Logan.......same margin, almost the same number of points, and a game where the Chieftains kept fighting back........they came from 53-35 down to within 6 at 62-56 early in the 4th quarter. Jordan Rutter, Mason Mays, and Patrick Angle carried LHS offensively, but I actually thought the Trojans did a better job on Angle this time around.......they made him put the ball on the floor more and didn't give him as many open looks from the perimeter.

As we head into the tournament, Portsmouth has to do a better job at putting teams away and not let them hang around.......last night the Trojans were outstanding at times but average at other points which allowed LHS to get back in the game.

Tory Horne had his 3rd game above 30 points for PHS.......he is averaging 25.4 PPG going into tonight's game with Ironton........the school record for a single season average is 25.5 PPG by Larry Hisle in 1965.

Dion McKinley was dominant in the paint.......this sophomore continues to get better and better and has shown good discipline of not getting in foul trouble even with his ability to block or alter shots.......Forrest Johnson had a very good offensive night, which was good for him and the team.......FJ had been fairly quiet scoring wise the last several games so it was good to see him with a 15 point night.

London Malone proved to be steady and reliable at the point, and once again he hit a key 3 pointer as the Chieftains were making their rally.......he is also an excellent FT shooter. Tre Underwood made some nice post moves for buckets and as always hit the boards with tenacity.

I'm glad to see the coaches hold Wayne Evans out.......I want him fully healthy for the Valley game.......

Good win for the Trojans to go to 11-6 on the year and 9-4 in the SEOAL.......a win over Ironton on Saturday would give the Trojans a 10 win season in the league and a finish of no worse than a tie for 3rd.......and the highest regular season winning pct.(12-6, .667) since the 2001 season, when PHS went 15-4. The 2002 team posted a 13-7 RS mark.
Last edited by trojandave on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Interesting game to say the least. Good win for the Trojans, indeed. Good start for a change, we just couldn't put em away. Overall good offense with so-so defense, last night. If we tighten up the D we'll put ourselves in position to win everytime. Good activity from the kids last night as Collins went deep into his bench. I enjoy watching these group of Trojans play. It's an adventure every night, lol.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Congrats Trojans!

Return to “Boys Basketball”