Zane Trace 58 Huntington 35

Main Man
Freshman Team

Zane Trace 58 Huntington 35

Post by Main Man »

Zane Trace was led by Haynes 18 points and 12 rebs. Maxwell with 17 points.

ZT finishes 16-4 (13-1) SVC champs.

Gragg played well for Huntington. He led them with 11 points.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Zane Trace 58 Huntington 35

Post by pfloyd »

Zane Trace 58
Huntington 35

... Congratulations to Coach Alley, Coach Straughsbaugh, Coach Hinton and the ZT Pioneers on winning the SVC title outright with tonights' win ...

... Main Man - congratulations! ... did you see the Greenfield McClain score 42-36 over Washington CH ... your boys did a nice job vs the Tigers the other day/evening/afternoon LOL ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Yes my brutha pfloyd it was a long afternoon last week. lol. I gotta tell ya this DIII tourney is gonna be a war. Might be the strongest group of DIII teams ever.

Coach Eaton does a helluva job over there in Tiger country. They (Greenfield) gave us all we could handle last week.
Last edited by Main Man on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Main Man wrote:Yes my brutha pfloyd it was a long afternoon last week. lol. I gotta tell ya this DIII tourney is gonna be a war. Might be the strongest group of DIII teams ever. lol

Its deffinatly up there, there is about 8 or 9 legit regional contenders.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Congratulations to ZT on the Championship victory! Wish my Redstreaks could've been full force all season, but likewise you guys held serve and took care of business. Congratulations on the League Championship! Hopefully we can meet up again in the district finals!!!

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Thanks Coach Kelley and I agree an all SVC district final wouldn't be bad thing.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Main Man...I really believe it will be either ZT or Piketon representing in the regionals...We're not getting much respect from the Jackson bracket...Looks like we have to keep our heads down and work hard to show them we're for real! Good Luck, again...and Congrats again!

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

Zane Trace sweeps the night with the freshman team winning by one in overtime, the reserve team winning by two after a late 3-pointer (~4.4 or so seconds left), and the varsity pulling away from the Huntsmen.

Interesting note from both the freshman and reserve games.
ZT freshmen trailed 22-6 at one point in their game.
Hunt reserves trailed 26-10 at halftime in a game that ended 37-35. One of Huntington's players received the ball near mid-court and heaved up a miracle half court shot that went in with about 1.9 seconds to go. Huntington's coach had called a timeout as soon as the ball was passed to mid-court so his team could draw up a better play, hence the bucket didn't count. 3.6 seconds were added back to the clock, but Huntington was unable to convert on another close buzzer beater.

Return to “Boys Basketball”