Northwest defeats Waverly 48-47

all-time athlete
JV Team

Northwest defeats Waverly 48-47

Post by all-time athlete »

Good win for the Mohawks after their tough loss to the Falcons Thursday night, they really stepped up and played well against Waverly

hbk2016
Varsity

Re: Northwest defeats Waverly 48-47

Post by hbk2016 »

was waverly without Martin tonight?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Waverly has a very good team, this score is hard to believe.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

WOW. Did not see this one coming. Congrats Mohawks.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Well I can assure you it is 100% legit

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

all-time athlete wrote:Well I can assure you it is 100% legit

Did Northwest play their best game of the season or did Waverly have a massive meltdown?

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

How many did Leslie have?

all-time athlete
JV Team

Both teams played solid, NW was just able to come out on top...Im not 100% sure but if I were to make a guesstimation I would say somewhere between 17-22 somewhere in that range but i could be way off

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

hbk123 wrote:was waverly without Martin tonight?

Martin did not play last night

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

that explains it

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Congrats Mohawks!

all-time athlete
JV Team

soc2fan wrote:that explains it

Yeah that's it, nothing to do with the Mohawks good play, it was all because Martin was out! :roll:

Tiger 71
Waterboy

Post by Tiger 71 »

all-time athlete wrote:

Yeah that's it, nothing to do with the Mohawks good play, it was all because Martin was out! :roll:

Yeah you're right, Martin is always a solid 20 point player.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Let's see. Martin averages 20 per game. Waverly loses by one without him, I would say that would have everything to do with it. Nothing against NW, but without a 20 per night guy most teams would lose regardless of the opponent.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

This is hard to believe, I think even without Martin, Waverly is the superior team. NW must have played the game of the year.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

all-time athlete wrote:

I know the feeling. Everytime South Webster's win over Waverly is brought up, the "Martin was out" caveat is always thrown out.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

he played... a little

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Swanker Pine,
Martin wasn't even dressed last night, he was on crutches. And yes, as stated before, Waverly is a totally different team WITHOUT Mr.Martin. He is a 20 point scorer but does so much more than score. He is the glue that holds this team together. Sort of like Hilton was when he played. Talk all you want about excuses but with Martin Waverly easily beat Northwest in round 1 and South Webster in round 2. Do I think Waverly is good enough to beat those teams without Martin, YES. For some reason these guys don't know how to play without him. As I said on another post last night, they better figure it out quick or they'll be making an early exit in the tournament. In the D2 sectional you can't one night off.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Swanker Pine,
Martin wasn't even dressed last night, he was on crutches. And yes, as stated before, Waverly is a totally different team WITHOUT Mr.Martin. He is a 20 point scorer but does so much more than score. He is the glue that holds this team together. Sort of like Hilton was when he played. Talk all you want about excuses but with Martin Waverly easily beat Northwest in round 1 and South Webster in round 2. Do I think Waverly is good enough to beat those teams without Martin, YES. For some reason these guys don't know how to play without him. As I said on another post last night, they better figure it out quick or they'll be making an early exit in the tournament. In the D2 sectional you can't one night off.

I meant he played a little in the sw game at waverly that jeep80 referred to. Agreed they need to figure it out, they are one of the best teams around, you've got Roeback pounding it inside and 6'6 Kretzer who can play the perimeter and the paint and the other guys around them are above average players (don't know their names). Its to bad he's out tonight for OH, Waverly can handle OH with him on Waverly's floor. Correct me if I'm wrong, Martin didn't play the first OH game right? and they lost by 2?

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Swanker Pine wrote:This is hard to believe, I think even without Martin, Waverly is the superior team. NW must have played the game of the year.

Northwest did not play their best game last night. Hall missed alot of shots the bench couldnt have had more than eight points, commited silly fouls and turnovers (i think we had 3 double dribbles, i haven't seen 3 double dribbles commited all year let alone in one game). I know this game wouldve been different if Martin wouldve played, if Northwest played their game of the year it wouldve been a blow out, especially without Martin

Return to “Boys Basketball”