Burg 57 vs Oak Hil 51..FINAL 2-26-10 3rd meeting this year

JimmyStewart
Waterboy

Re: Burg 57 vs Oak Hil 51..FINAL 2-26-10 3rd meeting this year

Post by JimmyStewart »

Yes Norm beat Burg in the regular season but it all comes down to that Norm struggles very much with Burg in the tourney. Burg has often ruin Norm's chances of moving on in the tourney.

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

some guys act like inmature kids on here.yell oak hill lost and the burg won.congraulations. But to keep bringing up the Division 3 or D4 is totally off base.Your tell-in me that if the burg could figure out how to drop a division they would'nt.Come on man,every body knows the divison's are there for a reason.yell D3 is tougher than D4.just like D2 is tougher than D3.So you guys should go to D2 and see how many games you win.I mean you should be thinking about Belpre in-stead of bashing oak hill.They did win a state ring reguardless of divsion.

theassassin
All State

Re: Burg vs Oak Hill 2-26-10 3rd meeting this year

Post by theassassin »

ole_Bobcat wrote:
theassassin wrote:omg!!!! huge upset

Not really! Look at the Schedules the 2 teams played,one prepares you for the post season the other prepares you for nothing.

Nice job Pirates

:roll: :roll: :roll:
crawl back under the rock you came from

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Vodoochild wrote:Just about everyone saw this coming. Regular season is all about preparing for postseason, not who can I schedule to rack up some wins and be "paper" champions.
That may work in Div 4 but it wont in Div 3.
Norm must have felt like he was back at the Peake with this early exit.

was enough to win the conference

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

peake wrote: will tell you that Col. Afacentric (sp?) would have beaten any d3 school a few years back in our region

Isn't that the year they had the 21 year old playing for them and they got all their wins taken away?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

drrabbit wrote:
Swanker Pine wrote:
K-BERG88 wrote:How many titles would Barrick have if Burg was a d4 team instead of d3 when he made his final 4 visits

1... not in the 05-06 season though

He certainly may have considering his team beat the Division IV championship team easily by double digits in the tournament warm-up game. But it is alway speculation. When I watched that state championship game that year, it was pretty obvious that the quality was a big step down from the other divisions. BUT that IS why they have divisions. The average DIV team is not suppose to be as good as the average DIII team.

Webster split the regular season that year with Burg. as I recall we lost on a buzzer 3 at Burg.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Like John Eaton used to tell me, making it to the state takes about 90% luck, so winning must take about 95% luck. All it takes is one bad bounce of the ball. One missed FT. One bad call by an official and your tourney run can be over.

It doesn't matter if it is DIII or DIV, you still have to execute your plays and you still have to score more points than your opponent.

I applaud both SW and OH for getting the elusive gold trophy so many are chasing each year and have to throw in Chilly for the big win against future NBA player William Buford and that was in DII.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SickRick wrote:
southernohiofan wrote:andrew bendolph was simply unbleviable when he guarded ondera he simply couldnt score on bendolph, then on offense he was on fire

Ive heard he might leave Burg is there any truth to this

Haven't heard anything on that. Don't know why he would with all that is returning next year. You will have him, Stegman, Ward, Ballard, McBee, Massie, Moore, Sloan. Massie and Moore have gotten a considerable amount of playing time in JV. Massie will give them another quicker guard on the floor. Moore will give them another big man in the paint.

If he leaves, oh well but would hate to see that. he has fit in very nice on both the football and basketball teams. I think he is just now coming into his own and Barrick kind of cut him loose against OH and let him run the ball at a quick pace and OH had no answer for him.

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
SickRick wrote:
southernohiofan wrote:andrew bendolph was simply unbleviable when he guarded ondera he simply couldnt score on bendolph, then on offense he was on fire

Haven't heard anything on that. Don't know why he would with all that is returning next year. You will have him, Stegman, Ward, Ballard, McBee, Massie, Moore, Sloan. Massie and Moore have gotten a considerable amount of playing time in JV. Massie will give them another quicker guard on the floor. Moore will give them another big man in the paint.

If he leaves, oh well but would hate to see that. he has fit in very nice on both the
football and basketball teams. I think he is just now coming into his own and Barrick kind of cut him loose against OH and let him run the ball at a quick pace and OH had
no answer for him.

Don't forget about schankweiler, Graf, Parker which will be a big help for the burg. I wld hate to c bendolf go. He seems to fit in better here then in ptown.

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

Congrats pirates now let's get the win on Sunday

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Swanker Pine wrote:
drrabbit wrote:
Swanker Pine wrote:
1... not in the 05-06 season though

He certainly may have considering his team beat the Division IV championship team easily by double digits in the tournament warm-up game. But it is alway speculation. When I watched that state championship game that year, it was pretty obvious that the quality was a big step down from the other divisions. BUT that IS why they have divisions. The average DIV team is not suppose to be as good as the average DIII team.

Webster split the regular season that year with Burg. as I recall we lost on a buzzer 3 at Burg.

You are confusing it with the previous year. In 2005, Wheelersburg won on a 3-pointer at the buzzer (From Seth Cowgill as I recall) for a share of the title. In 2006, Wheelerburg won 84-67 in the last game of the regular season. It was pretty much over by half time. I don't blame you for blocking it out. But many Webster fans credited that loss with the incentive to drive them all the way to the state championship.

Also when you count his possible State championships if his teams had played DIV, you would have to consider his state runners-up in 1995.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

btw, Oak Hill was not 20-0 they were 19-0

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
SickRick wrote:

If he leaves, oh well but would hate to see that. he has fit in very nice on both the football and basketball teams. I think he is just now coming into his own and Barrick kind of cut him loose against OH and let him run the ball at a quick pace and OH had no answer for him.

not that I have heard anything..

but,,,,Portsmouth has ome pretty good talent back also next year...Wayne Evans,Dion Mckinley,Trey Underwood, Adam Bray,Seth Bratchett..just to name a few...

and a pretty good football team with most back,that barely missed the playoffs, with a couple additions 8)

what ever he does, I wish him luck, he is fun to watch no matter where he is playing.

Return to “Boys Basketball”