Waverly 50 - Jackson 36 - FINAL (Feb. 23)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Waverly vs. Jackson Feb 23

Post by Ironman92 »

SO Harrison with an injured ankle may score 50 before Newsome can score 17. OK

Pump up the kid who isn't tall or fast or can jump high or has length.....I've yet to see anyone more determined all year. If he falls short.....I won't think any less of where he stands in my book of great all-time Ironmen.

I think IF Jackson and Unioto were to lose their first games they should makeup their game. What would be the negative of that?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

SickRick wrote:
seops123 wrote:I think Dylan Newsome(senior) from Jackson is about 15 points away from 1,000 points. Can anybody confirm this?

I believe hes 17 points away.But he is going to have Kevin Malone all over him all game.It would suck to be so close and have to put up with that for what might be your last game.It might be a big heart brake for this kid of jackson.

I say Waverly in this one and im sorry i dont think theres gonna be a great milestone in this game unless harrison plays and can score 50 somethin for his 1000.

Good Luck to Newsome in his quest for 1,000. I am sure he would take a victory over that milestone however. I will however, say you can't discount this young man. I have watched him for the past two years and he figures our a way to score. If the game is real low scoring than that won't help matters, but if he gets in a zone, he can put it in the hoop.

Should be a solid ball game tomorrow night in the opener. With or without Martin, the Tigers have the weapons to get it done, but you cannot let the Ironmen get hot from the outside. And don't forget that one name that lurks out there. Larry the Legend. Is he worth a few points in this game or not? That is a good question. He has turned this team around into a competitive ball club.

Go Luck to both teams!

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Man, how would you like to play against an underdog Larry Jordan team in his own gym ...lol

Very scary game for Waverly ,if Martin is still banged up.

You know Jackson will sit in that zone and let you chuck it up.

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

I will tell you one thing about Newsome and the Ironmen, Newsome has faced good defenders all year it won't be anything new. He will get his points, if he is as close to 1000 points as people speculate I hope he gets it along with a win. I promise he is not the only one on this TEAM that can hurt you. If the Ironmen are firing on all cylinders, look out Tigers. I hope Martin can play, we wouldn't want it any other way. I myself, pick the Ironmen in a pretty close game. I feel the competion in the SEOAL has prepared them for this contest.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Good luck to the Ironmen tomorrow night. Hope to see them put together their best effort of the season, and also hope to see Dylan reach the 1,000 point milestone.

I'm with Ironman92. Would really love to see Jackson and Unioto make up their game at some point, if at all possible.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Jackson at Unioto is canceled and will not be made up.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Well, so much for that. Thanks, keyser_soze78.

sittin the pine
Waterboy

Post by sittin the pine »

Don't know too much about Waverly, although Martin sounds like he is a real player and has a good supporting cast. It will certainly help Jackson if they can come out early and hit some three's as it will take some pressure off Newsome. However, I believe the key to an Ironmen victory is to play 4 quarters of solid defense. No downtime, no mental errors, no unforced errors, 100% effort for 32 minutes and the game belongs to Jackson

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Good luck to both teams, and especially to Mr. Newsome. I REALLY hope he can obtain the 1,000 mark; he has great determination, he's a very solid player, and it couldn't happen to a better person! Good luck Dylan!!!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Good Luck to both players in their quest and both teams!! BUT!!! Waverly by 10+,also I'm going to jump the gun alittle Waverly vs. Chillicothe Friday for Sectional Championship.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Martin will be a game time decision and will not be anywhere near 100%.
I don't know if Malone will start but when he is in there he will be in Newsome's face. I know Newsome has probably faced good defenders this year but you haven't seen "in your face" until you see Mr. Malone. The rest of the Tigers can play pretty good defense as well with Roback shutting down the paint.

Waverly has to come out and play with great intensity from the start. It is do or die now. Don't force things and let the game come to you.

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Martin will be a game time decision and will not be anywhere near 100%.
I don't know if Malone will start but when he is in there he will be in Newsome's face. I know Newsome has probably faced good defenders this year but you haven't seen "in your face" until you see Mr. Malone. The rest of the Tigers can play pretty good defense as well with Roback shutting down the paint.

Waverly has to come out and play with great intensity from the start. It is do or die now. Don't force things and let the game come to you.

Agree this isn't the time to mess around. Waverly needs to come out on fire and take the momentum from the start! Im sure Jordan will Haue his club ready Upset the Tigers. Waverly needs to play there own game.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Waverly should when this one by double diggits.. But you never know.. Health is the big issue right now.. But ill predict a 59 to 47 score in favour of waverly.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Jackson will come into this game ready to play and expecting to win. They beat a very good Vinton Co. team (who I think is now 15-5 with all of the losses to good teams) the other night. Couple that with the Tigers recent loss to a middling Northwest team, and the Ironmen have to think the "upset" is prime for the taking. No matter if Harrison plays or not, the Tigers have to come out physical and challenge shots on the perimeter. We have to take the ball to the paint and find each other for good looks. If we get lulled into a 3-point shootout, it might not work out to well. Go Tigers!

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

"too" well....for the grammar police. :)

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Newsome would be lucky to get 10, Kevin Malone plays great "D".. I guess we'll see tonight :arrow: :122246

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

Ironman92 wrote:SO Harrison with an injured ankle may score 50 before Newsome can score 17. OK

Pump up the kid who isn't tall or fast or can jump high or has length.....I've yet to see anyone more determined all year. If he falls short.....I won't think any less of where he stands in my book of great all-time Ironmen.

I think IF Jackson and Unioto were to lose their first games they should makeup their game. What would be the negative of that?

Im sorry you dont understand sarcasm but im saying that there is no way that Kevin Malone is going to allow 17 points. No one has scored that many on him not even "The Great Ondera". And Ondera is better and a way more capable scorer than Newsome IMO. The only way he is going to make 1,000 is if Waverly blows Jackson out and they take Malone out of the game and if Jackson leaves Newsome in the whole game!

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Just heard the Dylan Newsome is somewhere around 40 points to 1,000

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

iwearblacknikes wrote:Just heard the Dylan Newsome is somewhere around 40 points to 1,000

That makes it tough!!

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

iwearblacknikes wrote:Just heard the Dylan Newsome is somewhere around 40 points to 1,000
Where did you hear that?

Return to “Boys Basketball”