Peebles vs. North Adams, Part III / Peebles Wins 70 to 45

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Peebles vs. North Adams, Part III

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Indian Fanatic wrote:
sparky wrote:over the years i have seen undefeated teams lose to much worse teams than north adams. north adams can play loose as they have everything to gain and nothing to lose. they have no pressure on them whatsoever, all of the pressure is on peebles. i heard a great coach once say that pressure can be a good thing unless a team lets that pressure turn into stress and stress is the bad thing. how you handle pressure is the key, if you embrace it can be a good thing, if you let it turn into stress it can be a very bad thing. the term is "stressed out" not "pressured out."

You are right Sparky anything can happen, we never dreamed that Zane Trace would put us out last year, we just couldn't get it together. You argue NA has nothing to lose but they do, I'm sure they want to go to the districts and they certainly don't want to lose the opportunity to move on to Peebles, their nemesis.

I'm hoping that both Peebles and North Adams come to play and we see a great game and let the best team win. Don't want to take anything away from either team but I'm pulling for my Indians.

Good post. I would also argue against NA not having any pressure to win this game. This would be the first green devil team to not make the convo since 2001, if I were them I would not want to be the team that snapped that streak against a hated rival.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

baddog wrote:Look for Peebles to be more amped than expected it the biggest rival the indians have. I would like to know when the last time Peebles beat na three times in a row or if they ever have. It will probaly mean alot to the team if they put na out, it would be a giant win.

I'd say you'd have to look at the late 80s for the last three-sweep

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

Agreed there's pressure on both teams for N.A. to win the sectional against Peebles would feel like winning the state championship at least to the fan base, GO DEVILS! :mrgreen:

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i doubt that coach young has mentioned the streak of getting to the convo to his players.

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

warrior 89 wrote:Agreed there's pressure on both teams for N.A. to win the sectional against Peebles would feel like winning the state championship at least to the fan base, GO DEVILS! :mrgreen:

Its a fun rivalry from both sides, it just makes the win even sweeter. You gotta love our small towns getting behind our teams. Its great for the kids and the fans alike! Go Indians :aaaaa14

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

Hate to play any team 3 times in one year,, anything can happen expecially tourny time.. you are right warrior if they beat peebles the fans would forget all about the regular season..Peebles by 17 Go Indians

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

Indian man wrote:Hate to play any team 3 times in one year,, anything can happen expecially tourny time.. you are right warrior if they beat peebles the fans would forget all about the regular season..Peebles by 17 Go Indians

If N.A. plays friday night like they played last night at Ripley this game will be decided by a 5 point margin one way or the other, GO NORTH ADAMS!!! :mrgreen:

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

sparky wrote:i doubt that coach young has mentioned the streak of getting to the convo to his players.

He doesn't have to. Most of them probably have t-shirts that remind them of it and they have been making the trek to Athens since they were in grade school. They will do their best and the chips will fall where they may.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles plays Manchester tonight to go fo 20-0 and the gold ball in the SHL.....then they'll face North Adams who just beat Ripley by 14 I think.....Peebles had much trouble beating Ripley in a 2 point game. But Ripley all year long has proven to be a very good team.

I think it's safe to say North Adams is playing it's finest ball by a lot right now.

If Peebles beats Manchester tonight....EVERY ounce of pressure is on them Friday.

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

The Big Red Machine by 26!!
Lets get the gold ball tonight and the sectional championship friday boys!!!
GO INDIANS!!!!!!!!!!

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Ironman92 wrote:Peebles plays Manchester tonight to go fo 20-0 and the gold ball in the SHL.....then they'll face North Adams who just beat Ripley by 14 I think.....Peebles had much trouble beating Ripley in a 2 point game. But Ripley all year long has proven to be a very good team.

I think it's safe to say North Adams is playing it's finest ball by a lot right now.

If Peebles beats Manchester tonight....EVERY ounce of pressure is on them Friday.

NA is playing well...won 4 out of their last 5...Peebles only beat Ripley by two, but I think we're a better team now than at the start of the season.

What was the final score of the 2 Peebles /Devils contests this year? I remember it being tight in the first half...

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

north adams is way down this year, will be a easy victory for peebles

bring-it-on
Waterboy

Post by bring-it-on »

North Adams did have a down year, but could they be peaking at the PERFECT time? Peebles has struggled to come up with their wins here lately. They are certainly not untouchable. Greyhounds proved that.

GO NORTH ADAMS :mrgreen:

baddog
Riding the Bench

Post by baddog »

Sometimes it takes a loss to see what you need to fix.

GO INDIANS

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

I still hate to lose;but, sometimes a loss makes you hungrier for the next win.It could spell trouble for the other teams in the tourny.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

quite a few NA folks clapping in the stands tonight when Peebles got beat.......hmm.....not surprised though

stephen3108
Riding the Bench

Post by stephen3108 »

Nice to see another Peebles fan pointing at NA fans. Who cares if NA fans were clapping. Glad Peebles finally got humbled.

baddog
Riding the Bench

Post by baddog »

Was told from a friend they all were coming in hope we would lose and didn't won't us to get the gold ball. Can't say i have ever rooted against them and less we were playing them.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

not such a bad thing really baddog when we really think about it...when they are rooting against us...that means we are back where we should be and that's on top......this isn't a new thing....everyone hated Peebles for years so we'll take that as a good thing!

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

Manchester deserved the win Peebles did not...However, it looks as though some of you negative "fans" could use a year or two back in high school to work on your spelling and grammar. God, I would be embarrassed to even post comments if I wrote "crap" like some that I have read!

Return to “Boys Basketball”