Peebles vs. North Adams, Part III / Peebles Wins 70 to 45

followthru
Waterboy

Re: Peebles vs. North Adams, Part III

Post by followthru »

I keep hearing deep tourney run.What does everybody consider a deep run?

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

I would say when it comes down to it the fans at Peebles and North Adams are not that different. I know for a fact that after Peebles got put out last year several Peebles fans followed NA .. rooting for them to win and represent our county.. were their some Peebles fans hoping they would lose ? I am sure their was a few..And I have saw NA fans pulling for Peebles too. GO INDIANS

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i consider a deep tournament run as getting to the regionals or if a team has never been to a district final then getting to a district final would be a good tournament run. for some schools just getting to the district would be a good tournament run. it all depends on a school's past history. since peebles hasn't been to the regionals for quite a while i would consider a district championship a good tournament run.
just one man's opinion.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

As a fan of SHL basketball and longtime reader of this site, I don't see anything out of the ordinary this year compared to posts last year from NA fans. Last year was their year and all their fans were out in full force, now it's PHS year and the same goes for them. Sure there's bickering and jabs thrown between the fans of both schools but other than maybe PHS having a lot of topics on here things seem pretty even to me. As for a poster saying he/she is glad to see a whole town "humbled" I don't quite understand that, seems a bit childish to me...prob. just a kid but still.

indiangirl
Waterboy

Post by indiangirl »

I, for one, do not need to be "humbled." As Indian Fanatic said very well, there's nothing that I took for granted this year...we won by very narrow margins to teams that everyone thought we should beat by 20 points or more. If you're not referring to the kids, but the fans, then I'm here to tell you that it was never a "given" that we would be 19-1 by the end of the regular season. And although some of our fans probably get overly excited at times, who doesn't? It's only because they're so excited about this team and these kids. Just like North Adams and any other place that has love for their schools, it's easy to get swept away by the craziness of it all. But that's the fun of it! :-D Go Indians!!!

indiangirl
Waterboy

Post by indiangirl »

Also, just for the record, I don't think NA fans are a "sorry booty bunch of losers" or whatever that said...and I don't think most people in Peebles feel that way either.

mattchristopher
Waterboy

Post by mattchristopher »

I agree with hoopin and Indian Girl. If North Adams was having a winning season, they would be on here all over the place. The fans from North Adams love their team as much as the fans from Peebles do. Why do we need to be "humbled" any more than they ever did??? What's wrong with being proud of an excellent bunch of young men, who, in my estimation, is one of the best all around groups of young men ever to play the game of basketball. They are humble themselves. They are good sports. They don't play dirty ball. They don't whine when they're being fouled, or hung on. They are a really nice ball club and an even better group of young men that we should all be proud of. Why does that need to be humbled? If we shouldn't be proud of them, then something's wrong somewhere. I for one appreciate the examples they are to the younger kids who come out to watch them. GO INDIANS. I may not be humble, but I sure am proud of them.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

You guys should all move to the OVC. We ALL love each other! Yeah right. :)

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

*sorry bunch of losers...and they are this year....they dont want us to win, the same way we didnt want them to go 20-0 last year...but go to the game and cheer for the opposite team..come on now...it will fall into place tonight...GO INDIANS

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

PHSfan14 wrote:*sorry bunch of losers...and they are this year....they dont want us to win, the same way we didnt want them to go 20-0 last year...but go to the game and cheer for the opposite team..come on now...it will fall into place tonight...GO INDIANS

I hear Dave Young was dressed up as the Manchester mascot and leading cheers for the Manchester student section.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

now that's funny, i don't care who you are. but i would bet that dave wouldn't have been too upset if they were 20-0. you can bet there will no complacency from peebles now and the pressure is off as far as the perfect season goes. besides he would get more credit beating a 20-0 team than a 19-1 team. it could happen. they did it about 11 years ago.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

That's absolutely correct Sparky. I feel sorry for people getting worked up over who is cheering for who and looking for some kind of vindication based on the results of a high school basketball game.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I don't think Peebles' overall record matters to Dave or the NA team in the slightest...I'm sure they're all just focused on tonight.

bring-it-on
Waterboy

Post by bring-it-on »

PHSfan14 wrote:*sorry bunch of losers...and they are this year....they dont want us to win, the same way we didnt want them to go 20-0 last year...but go to the game and cheer for the opposite team..come on now...it will fall into place tonight...GO INDIANS

I am not sure what you are talking about. Cheering for the opposite team????? How is Manchester the opposite team???? Same County, Same League. I know for a fact that last year Peebles Fans and West Union Fans were cheering for Portsmouth when NA played in the Sectional Finals. To me that is cheering for the opposite team. A team not in the SHL.
I also do NOT remember any of the NA fans posting comments crying about who will cheer for them. GET OVER IT !!!!!!

Hopefully tonight will be a good game and the players, as well as their fans will represent the SHL well.

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

Good luck tonight Indians! The whole town is behind you!!

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

Indian Fanatic wrote:Good luck tonight Indians! The whole town is behind you!!

thats right! lets bring home a win! go indians

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

All you fans with blackberries....I expect CONSTANT updates tonight!

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

35-28 Peebles at the half.

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: Peebles vs. North Adams, Part III / Peebles Wins 70 to 45

Post by Hoggy »

Any updates?

jchitwood, you still out there?

jchitwood
All State

Re: Peebles vs. North Adams, Part III / Peebles Wins 70 to 45

Post by jchitwood »

I don't know much apart from the score...it was tight at the half, Blake was in foul trouble. Then Peebles made a run and never looked back.

Return to “Boys Basketball”