Eastern Pike vs. Southern (Sectional Final) 3.2.10

Eaglesnest
All State

Eastern Pike vs. Southern (Sectional Final) 3.2.10

Post by Eaglesnest »

Best I can tell, Eastern comes into the game 17-2 and SOC1 Champions. Southern is 15-4 after finishing second in the TVC. Should be a great matchup!

This game will be a battle and is the first time Coach Caldwell has met up with his old team (Eastern Eagles) since leaving for Southern. Caldwell should be very familiar with the Eagles players and that could be an advantage for Southern?

This one could go either way but I am going to take the Eagles by 5. If you can't get fired up and ready to play in this one there is something wrong. This will be the kind of game people talk about for years (just like the 1989 game)

GO EAGLES! 1 Game from the CONVO! YOU CAN DO IT!

p.s. Where has Hoggy and Beaverlover been????

Rebels on 3
All State

Re: Eastern Pike vs. Southern (Sectional Final) 3.2.10

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Eastern by 10

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Southern is 15-4, I know they have two league losses to eastern meigs. Who are the other two?

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Eaglesnest.....thank you for providing the support to the Eagles and carrying the torch. I apologize for my limited activity, but it is definitely not an indication of my lack of loyalty. I have been extremely busy on FT. Lewis lately and my free time has been limited.

I agree that this game should be interesting and will more than likely be a slobber knocker. If Eastern can put together 4 solid quarters and take care of the basketball, they should pull out a hard fought victory.

Good luck to the Eagles!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I personally will be routing for Southern but should be a good game. Southern has lost to Wahama, North Adams, and Eastern twice. All good teams. I think Southern wins by 6 points.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

If Eastern plays like they did against Waterford, Southern wins by double digits.....

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

futurebkstar wrote:If Eastern plays like they did against Waterford, Southern wins by double digits.....

Why is that?

According to the TVC website, Southern beat Waterford by 10ish both games this season? Eastern just beat them by 15.

I have seen Southern play 3 times this season. If they shoot the ball well they are tough! If they don't, they are very average. The Eagles with Montgomery and Wheeler inside should dominate the inside game IMHO.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

I haven't seen Southern play this year, what kind of size do they have. Do they still have the kid they call BigJohn, i think he was around 6'6.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

According to the sectional program, it said Southerns tallest players were 6'2". I think it said they had two players at the height. I left the Southern - S. Gallia game at half time. But when I left, Gallia was killing them on the offensive glass. I can only remember a couple possesions where Southern only held them to one shot and done. If it wasn't for the poor shooting from SG then they may have had the lead at half. Does Southern always rebound this poorly? If so it may be a long day for them against the size and height of the Eastern bigs. Eastern's guards crash hard as well.

This will also be the first time Eastern will be going up against their old Coach in Coach Caldwell. Eaglesnest, I agree that Caldwell will know some of the players on this team and their abilities, but the only ones he really coached were the seniors this year. They were freshman his last year as Coach. I still think Eastern has the advantage. Caldwell may not know Fitch's system as well as they know his. I seen alot of familiar plays being ran against SG the other night. I'm sure Caldwell will have some new plays and defensive schemes up his sleeve though, I just hope the Eagles are ready for them. The players should be pumped for this game. Getting to play their old coach and a win means a trip to the CONVO. If this game doesn't get you fired up, I don't know what will. I'll say Eastern by 6 in a hard fought game. It will be the rebounding and size of Eastern that will hurt Southern. GO EAGLES!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Good Luck Tornadoes!!

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Prob the Wind bags from Racine will take this one in a close one

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Eaglesnest wrote:Best I can tell, Eastern comes into the game 17-2 and SOC1 Champions. Southern is 15-4 after finishing second in the TVC. Should be a great matchup!

This game will be a battle and is the first time Coach Caldwell has met up with his old team (Eastern Eagles) since leaving for Southern. Caldwell should be very familiar with the Eagles players and that could be an advantage for Southern?

This one could go either way but I am going to take the Eagles by 5. If you can't get fired up and ready to play in this one there is something wrong. This will be the kind of game people talk about for years (just like the 1989 game)

GO EAGLES! 1 Game from the CONVO! YOU CAN DO IT!

p.s. Where has Hoggy and Beaverlover been????

You mean Racine didnt win the league...........AGAIN?!

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

Eagles by 7. Southern will have to double Montgomery and Wheeler. That will leave the guards open for the 3 ball. Hopefully they can get the inside-out game going. If they do and Lawhorn, McVey and the others are hitting Eastern should be on the way to the Convo! Go Eagles!

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Eastern by 10.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Have to root for the TVC team. Represent the league well Southern.

Calvin1
Waterboy

Post by Calvin1 »

No Southern doesn't have Big John, they lost 4 seniors from last year, Southerns other losses were to Wahama and North Adams, Southern doesn't have great size or great outside shooting, they play hard and work hard, but have a tendency to make stupid fouls which gets them in trouble late. Should be intersesting to watching Coach Caldwell against his old team, very excited for the match-up.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Good Luck Eastern!!!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

I see that E Pike has a better record, but who'd their schedule look.

It will hopefully be a good game.

Can someone from Southern tell me why Dustin is not playing?

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Because he has mono.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Since Eaglenest took Chillicothe over Waverly by 10 plus I'll take Southern by 10 plus. Just kidding, gotta support the local boys. Thanks Eaglenest for your support of Pike County teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”