Eastern Pike vs. Southern (Sectional Final) 3.2.10

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: Eastern Pike vs. Southern (Sectional Final) 3.2.10

Post by Hoggy »

Eaglesnest wrote:
Heavy D wrote:Truthfully, I think Southern will run away with this game. Too much coaching from H Jr. He is da man.

Heavy Day has been hitting the Kool-aid alittle strong this morning :lol:

It would appear so! If Eastern gets beat it won't be because of Coaching!

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

I think Southern's coach has a pretty good record over his career, he also has a district championship, so I wouldn't question his coaching.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Hardwood wrote:I think Southern's coach has a pretty good record over his career, he also has a district championship, so I wouldn't question his coaching.

Coach Caldwell has a good record and I don't think Hoggy or anyone was questioning that???? Coach Fitch has the Eagles program back to its prior prestige as well. I will say that because C. Caldwell has coached Montgomery, Wheeler, Lawhorn, McVey and Co. before that may be an advantage for Southern? Time will tell.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Not going to engage in a battle over coaches, but right now it would be hard to argue against Fitch. Like I said earlier...."IF" eastern gets beat it will not be because of the coaching!

Coach Caldwell is a good man and I would never say anything against him or his abilities. The fans at Eastern liked the man.

The coach can only do so much and then it comes down to the boys to execute. The Eagles will be more than fired up to play this game against their old coach.

Come on Eagles........CONVO awaits you!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Hoggy wrote:Not going to engage in a battle over coaches, but right now it would be hard to argue against Fitch. Like I said earlier...."IF" eastern gets beat it will not be because of the coaching!

Coach Caldwell is a good man and I would never say anything against him or his abilities. The fans at Eastern liked the man.

The coach can only do so much and then it comes down to the boys to execute. The Eagles will be more than fired up to play this game against their old coach.

Come on Eagles........CONVO awaits you!

Sometimes lack of execution is on the coach. He is asking the players to do something they obviously do not have the ability to do, at least at that given time. That is where coaching really comes into play. "We had guys missing wide open shots and that's not the coaches fault." There may be a reason they were wide open, and that is coaching. "The coach can't go out there and beat the press for them." Again, that's coaching.

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

Both coaches have done a very good job from what I have seen. Both teams have won a good portion of their games and neither have any extremely talented players. While at Eastern Coach Caldwell often got more wins than most expected out of his teams. Doing the same at Southern. Coach Fitch seems to have that ability as well. I dont see either coach winning or losing this game. Best of luck to Coach Caldwell but this one is going to the Eagles. Keep up the good work boys and bring another sectional title back to beaver. GO EAGLES!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Its nice seeing support from the Eagle faithful! I think the Eagles will be too strong inside for Southern.When the Tornadoes double down..Lawhorn,McVey and company have to knock down shots.I think they will and take a sectional title back to Beaver! Hope everyone in Beaver,Stockdale,Givens,Glade,and Germany road areas come out to support the Eagles on Tuesday! Should be a dandy! I'll take the Eagles by 5..59-54.

GO EAGLES!!!

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

I will take the Tornadoes, when they play the way they can, they can beat just about anyone. Play great Tornadoes and get back to the convo.

eagleworld
Waterboy

Post by eagleworld »

awesome poem brings back a lot of memories. Coach fitch gets the most out of these boys everytime they take the court and i know they will leave it all on the court tuesday. eagles by 7 58-51.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I like Southern in this one.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

A little over 24 hours til game time. Lets go Eagles...playing for a shot to hear "Its BASKETBALL 30" here at the Convo! GO EAGLES!

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Can hardly wait for this game. Its been three years in the making. I knew eventually Southern and Eastern would end up meeting in the tourny, and finally this is the year. Looking forward to a great game, Good Luck to the Eastern Seniors, You guys have worked hard all summer, had a great season winning the SOC title and are now one game away from going to the Convo. On top of that, you get a chance to get a win against your old Coach in order to get their. Go out, play hard(and smart), play great D and get the Big Win. Good Luck Eagles.

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

this game will definitely be a toss up, both are good teams. but somehow eastern always seems to pull through with wins...ill take eastern by 2, but wouldnt be suprised if Racine comes out on top...good luck to both teams.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

GOOD LUCK EAGLES!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

About 9 hours till game time! Bring the D Eagles and bring home another sectional title and reserve your spot at the CONVO! Play your hearts out seniors! You only get 1 shot at this game. Leave it all on the court!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Sorry Eagles, but the coaching of Howzee Jr will be too much to overcome. One thing is for sure, the coaching in the Hocking is better than it is in the SOC 1.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Heavy D wrote:Sorry Eagles, but the coaching of Howzee Jr will be too much to overcome. One thing is for sure, the coaching in the Hocking is better than it is in the SOC 1.

Heavy D is back on the Kool-aid again. Pretty early in the morning for that stuff don't you think? :lol:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I guess we will find out who is drinking the Kool-aid in a few hours. I am not the kool-aid-man btw. I make him look small. :lol:

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

good luck eagles!!! from the redstreaks...hope to see you at the CONVO!!!!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Eaglesnest wrote:About 9 hours till game time! Bring the D Eagles and bring home another sectional title and reserve your spot at the CONVO! Play your hearts out seniors! You only get 1 shot at this game. Leave it all on the court!

Very well said....Let's go Eagles, get fired up and take care of business. This is what you practiced, played and dedicated your time for! Leave it all on the floor boys.

Return to “Boys Basketball”