All State

Re: BELPRE vs WHEELERSBURG

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Thanks for clearing that up. Going up Saturday and Sunday now

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Doesn't matter what day this game will be played, Burg will be ready. Burg will not dwell on the big win against OH as that was just the second game in the second season. A season they are now 2-0 in.

If Bendolph, Lang or Ballard can knock down some outside shots, it could really open up the inside for Stegman. Does Belpre play man to man or do they zone? Burg proved that they can play against a tough zone as Oak Hills was probably one of the toughest in the area. They were long, quick and big. Burg proved how to bust a zone by hitting 7 three pointers.

jason bourne
Waterboy

Post by jason bourne »

Hopefully a decent chance burg girls upset zane trace on monday night then we can watch the boys and girls game on saturday, i believe girls at 3 pm, boys at 730 pm.If the girls play well it could happen (lost to them by 4 at home earlier in season). so lets hope the girls get the job done and all the burg faithfull can go and support Coach Spradlin and Coach Barrick and the teams.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I will take Burg and their coaching staff in this one.

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Post by buckwheat »

yabba, Burg hit 9 three pointers. Bendolph hit 7 and Lang and Ballard 1 each. I agree that the other players have to start hitting some shots to open things up for Stegman. One poster stated that Belpre has no answer for Stegman. They won't need one if they don't start feeding him the ball more. If Burg out rebounds teams like they did Friday that will be huge. I haven't seen Belpre play, but I bet our boys are athletic enough to get the job done. GO BURG!!

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

Belpre does have an answer for Stegman in Sims, don't count out this very talanted athlete who I understand is also getting DII and DIII looks. Belpre is a very athletic team but must stay "within themselves" to beat the burg. If they do that it will be a game, if not then it could get ugly. Belpre dropped their Sr. night game last Tuesday against a very up and down Federal Hocking team by 8 points after having them down 15 in the 3rd quarter. Belpre went on an absolute dry spell and couldn't hit anything. They must avoid those kinds of runs at the convo to survive.

Take good shots Belpre and stay within yourself and you will be able to compete with the burg. Go TVC!

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

IMO: I am an avid Burg fan who has followed this team through it's toughest times this year. I also was there on their highest note this year, the Oak Hill upset. Now, anyone on here who is saying Burg is going to win out right because of Belpre's lack of anyone who can stop Stegman, or so on is crazy.......Here is my philosophy on the game.

Burg played one heck of a game Friday night. Wow...is the only words for their show. But, just because Burg played one night of great basketball doesn't mean they are masters now. I am hoping (as every good tourney team does) they are getting better every game. If that is the case, they are going to be a tough matchup for anyone at this point. We have to look at the big picture though. Burg had one good night and has had many bad nights. I am not trying to be negative, people just need to realize Burg has put a good night together before in the mix of a lot of bad games. Many bad games...any Burg fan that doesn't think so is crazy, but I think you all would agree. Stegman has been a rollercoaster all year( meaning up and down on his play), and the entire rest of the team has struggled to find one three in a game. How they made 9 in last Friday's game..beyond me??? The talent is there, they put it together, and it can happen. I am hoping Burg realizes their ability to win ball games. They also have the ability to not make a bucket, and our post guys get outrebounded...it has happened all year. I THINK, they are finding solid ground and are making a sneaky tourney run. I really do. I think Stegman isn't going to have 30 point games, but his rebounding is crucial to their success...18 he had the other night! Bendolph needs to stay hot, and the rest of the team must contribute.

Belpre, I haven't seen them all year.....I think like the Burg, they have had a few losses on the chin (Fed Hocking) in the later season, and a few good wins as well, when they put their crap together. I think we would be able to evaluate what these two teams are capable of doing, if we had seen them play last year at Rio Grande. I am pretty sure Burg was supposed to play Belpre in a shoot out, and something happened and Belpre didn't show and they Subbed Cross Lanes Christian for Belpre...it was the ugliest game I have ever seen with my own two eyes...BUrg blasted this team. They (CLC) looked like a junior high team...and I know Barrick was mad we had to play them. I think Barrick wanted to play Belpre very badly, because he knew this matchup Burg vs Belpre would arise at some point in the tourney. Well here we are :)

Let's just not be quick to think Burg is a power house and Belpre has no answer for Stegman. I mean South Webster and and many other SOC teams had an answer to Burg's post man who didn't have a guy over 6'. I am not knocking Stegman either..the kid is a baller!!! WOW!! Let's just not give everyone the impression he is a monster! If you don't box him out, he will get offensive rebounds on you all day! He also has a killer spin move where he fades away from the bucket and drains the shot with a lot of arc on the ball making it impossible to block. Along the likes of a Wilt Chamberlin shot...

I would like to think if Burg is on the hot roll, they will win this one. But Belpre has been a thorn in the side of Burg in the tourney for many years..just ask Drew Burleson (one of the best to go through Burg).

This game is going to be great!!!!!! What a good tourney matchup! Hopefully, we see a fair game, and high intensity.

Welcome to the convo Burg and Belpre!

gotgame
Freshman Team

Post by gotgame »

I know many of the kids playing in this game were in the stands the night Belpre "upset" Wheelersburg in 2001. Both teams have great history, tradition and pride. It's what high school basketball is all about. Can't think of any place I'd rather be Saturday night.

GO EAGLES

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

This is what high school basketball is all about! i love convo time! March is my favorite month of the year with high school playoffs and march madness, doesn't get much better than this!

As far as the game, Wheelersburg knows about Tate and Sims, as they both played very well against Wheelersburg in the last meeting in 2008, but that was totally different wheelersburg team than this years team. Waderker, Parsons, Slattery, Campbell, Leasure and Miller..this is your time to shine, someone needs to step up and make big plays. If Belpre plays within themselves and keeps there attitudes in check and plays hard defense and be patient on offense, then i see no reason why Belpre can't win this game...GOOD LUCK EAGLES!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GO BURG!

SOC!

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

I'll be rooting for Belpre, and they may win with the athletes they have, but the coaching is different than with most of those battles with Wheelersburg in the past. It has been said that it is important for Belpre to dictate tempo. I don't think they can with coaching Wheelersburg has. Also mentioned has been for Belpre to avoid the stupid moments and mention made of the coach having this cured by this game. I don't think the coach can cure these at this late juncture. They may be able to not have those moments, but I don't think the coaching would be a factor in that, but maybe the athletes may be smartening up with the importance of the game!

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

^^^^

Well said MHS.

Sure hope Belpre brings the big win back to Washington County.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

If Belpre wants an uptempo game, that will difficult to do. Burg mostly likes to play a slower half court game, although they do have the athletes to run. It would surprise me if the score was over 50 for either team.

GO PIRATES!!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Good Luck Burg.......Get Er Done!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

burg keeps tempo slower. will keep score under 50. hard for another team to get into up tempo game. half court game is burgs strength. will they have an answer for bendolph? he is playing really well right now.

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

Wheelersburg may be better at a half court game but the convo is a bigger court so i believe Belpre will have a better chance in this one. I havent seen the Pirates play this year but theyalways have good teams. GO Belpre

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

belpreboy92 wrote:Wheelersburg may be better at a half court game but the convo is a bigger court so i believe Belpre will have a better chance in this one. I havent seen the Pirates play this year but theyalways have good teams. GO Belpre

The bigger court makes no difference, how many times have the Pirates been to the convo...they know that floor thats NOT goin to make a difference. If the team that beat Oak Hill shows up it could be a long night for Belpre in not it could be a long night for the BURG

Burg- 57
Belpre- 41

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

GO BURG!!!!!

JimmyStewart
Waterboy

Post by JimmyStewart »

Lets go Burg! we are back at the convo, we upset the number one seed but we know Belpre will bring their A game every game in the tourney will be tough. Play with the passion and energy you had last friday. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Return to “Boys Basketball”