Be Proud INDIANS

jchitwood
All State

Re: Be Proud INDIANS

Post by jchitwood »

Looking at Manchester's bracket, I think they will go very deep, especially now that it looks like they're done being inconsistent. Very strong team down by the river.

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

jchitwood wrote:Peebles has not had back-to-back winning seasons since, what...2002 & 2003? Last year's team was the first to win 17 games since 1993...we haven't had 19 wins since the 1984 team, which also had a heartbreakingly close loss last game of the season... Andrew Seaman gets his 1,000 point, Blake hits 1500 and sets a new scoring record. We've not had 2 1,000 point scorers on the same team since 1956, and we haven't had two that would EVENTUALLY go on to score 1,000 since 1981 (anyone know who they were, without cheating by checking the website?)

At the end of the documentary someone says "we have to get the old magic back," and I'd say these 12 guys have brought it back in force. Thanks for a great season.

i hate to correct you chitwood, my man, but peebles had back to back to back winning seasons in 2000-2001, 2001-2002, 2002-2003. i believe we had a couple sectional titles also.

had back to back winning seasons in 97-98, and 98-99. i believe we won a sect. title in those years.

back in the late 80's early 90's we had back to back to back winning seasons and sectional titles.

we had a few years that were down, but not to many. as far as the "old black magic" that has been referred to, it has always been there, just on low burner. once in a while we turn it up high as is the case the last couple of seasons. INDIAN PRIDE

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

luvit wrote:
jchitwood wrote:Peebles has not had back-to-back winning seasons since, what...2002 & 2003? Last year's team was the first to win 17 games since 1993...we haven't had 19 wins since the 1984 team, which also had a heartbreakingly close loss last game of the season... Andrew Seaman gets his 1,000 point, Blake hits 1500 and sets a new scoring record. We've not had 2 1,000 point scorers on the same team since 1956, and we haven't had two that would EVENTUALLY go on to score 1,000 since 1981 (anyone know who they were, without cheating by checking the website?)

At the end of the documentary someone says "we have to get the old magic back," and I'd say these 12 guys have brought it back in force. Thanks for a great season.

i hate to correct you chitwood, my man, but peebles had back to back to back winning seasons in 2000-2001, 2001-2002, 2002-2003. i believe we had a couple sectional titles also.

had back to back winning seasons in 97-98, and 98-99. i believe we won a sect. title in those years.

back in the late 80's early 90's we had back to back to back winning seasons and sectional titles.

we had a few years that were down, but not to many. as far as the "old black magic" that has been referred to, it has always been there, just on low burner. once in a while we turn it up high as is the case the last couple of seasons. INDIAN PRIDE

I always appreciate being corrected. What I meant was the last 2 consecutive winning seasons we had were those 2 years, 2002-2003.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

oh sparky knows all about this stuff...he just gets more enjoyment out of being rhetorical

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

jchitwood wrote:
luvit wrote:

I always appreciate being corrected. What I meant was the last 2 consecutive winning seasons we had were those 2 years, 2002-2003.

Lol that cracks me up. There was really no correction made at all. You said the exact same thing as Jimmy just worded it differently.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

chitwood,
does one win constitute not being inconsistent? how many league losses do they have? didn't they just lose to then one league win fayetteville less than a week ago? i would say they have been pretty inconsistent most of the season with some big wins and some bad loses.
ironman,
have you been hanging around tobias underwood? rhetorical?
now i am going to have to go get a dictionary.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

1996-1997 also had a winning record 13-8 i think.

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

peeblesfan97 wrote:1996-1997 also had a winning record 13-8 i think.

better be careful, red wont like you saying the same thing chitwood said (lol)
shes very defensive for some reason :122248 or maybe this will just crack her up even more

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

sparky wrote:chitwood,
does one win constitute not being inconsistent? how many league losses do they have? didn't they just lose to then one league win fayetteville less than a week ago? i would say they have been pretty inconsistent most of the season with some big wins and some bad loses.
ironman,
have you been hanging around tobias underwood? rhetorical?
now i am going to have to go get a dictionary.

Was the Fayetteville game less than a week ago? Time flies when you're on a beach... I was referring to their tourney win this week, too. I'd like to see them put it together and do well in the playoffs...I should have worded my post better. They've been very inconsistent this year, and IF they put that behind them they'll go far.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Re: No Peebles Fans Tonight

Post by warrior 89 »

southernohiofan wrote:easy victory coming up against north adams, could be a tough game versus valley or portsmouth then ironton

Portsmouth or Valley Bla-Bla-Bla, I usually try to stay considerate of other peoples fans on here because all the boys play hard and through the good times and the bad North Adams has one of the most supportive fan bases around but with comments like this I hope N.A. wipes the floor with the Indians tomorrow night!
GO DEVILS!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Don't forget Coach Jerry Copley and his the back to back teams that included: Greg Seaman,Chuch Johnson,Chris Reed, David Arey,Cliff Kremins,Joe Ryan,Larry Robinson,Buddy Sowards and a host of others in the 1972 and 1973 seasons( who had several 100 point games before the # point rule) and the 1974 Regional final team Coached by Art Meyers whose team included above mentioned Joe Ryan,Phillip Shoemaker,George Mccoy,Doug McElwee,Buddy Sowards and the rest of that team who were beaten in the final game by Indian Valley South .I believe some named guy who went by the name of HUGGINS coached IVS then.Oh by the way ,many of those names Do have family ties to this years squad. Peebles has had a strong tradition for a number of years and that tradition WILL continue. Be proud Indians; because, the ole' guys like me sure are proud of you.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

ironman,
sometimes i forget more than i remember.
by the way, does anyone ever leave peebles? seems like a lot of people in brown, adams, and highland counties are related.
my family is from ky where they teach the 3 r's(readin, ritin, and the road to ohio.

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

luvit wrote:

shes very defensive for some reason :122248 or maybe this will just crack her up even more

Lol naw, peeblesfan97 is fine. He/she didn't claim to be correcting anyone. ;-)

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

GoBigRed wrote:
luvit wrote:

Lol naw, peeblesfan97 is fine. He/she didn't claim to be correcting anyone. ;-)

mmmm......like i said "very defensive" related? :122249 lol

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

Why yes, yes I did defend myself :122249 lol

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

so your jchitwood too? lol

indianmaniac
Riding the Bench

Post by indianmaniac »

Let's go Indian fans and get behind our team tonight....just like we always do!

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

Let's get a big win tonight INDIANS!!

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

bring it home indians.....i'll be cheering you on :aaaaa83

jchitwood
All State