Zane Trace vs. Northwest (D3 District Semi)

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Re: Zane Trace vs. Northwest (D3 District Semi)

Post by warningtrackpower »

Preview article on the SVC teams playing at the Convo at www.svcsportszone.com

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

I've seen both teams play. Leslie is by far the best post player on the court but not the best shooter or player. That convincingly goes to Mr. Maxwell. If both teams play their best ball...ZT by 12.

allohio98
Waterboy

Post by allohio98 »

wffan,

Not sure all-time athlete was referring necessarily to Leslie being the best shooter on the floor as you possibly indicated with your post. He will be the best post player on the floor-up for argument about being the best overall player-and the best shooter may well be another kid from northwest yet to be mentioned.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

I wasn't referring to leslie as the best shooter I was referring to kreig crabtree, I believe he's hit about 56-64 threes this year (not sure exactly how many) and he is probably shooting 45-50%

CHILLICOTHE BALL
Waterboy

Post by CHILLICOTHE BALL »

goodluck zanetrace.

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

Zane Trace by 12.....

Leslie isnt gonna have an easy time down low with Chamberlin....anyone that has seen him this year knows hes physical and can jump out of the gym.
ZaneTrace has the Best player on the Court (svc poy) kirk maxwell. and also Gabe haynes (1st team all svc) two of the best athletes in southern ohio.

Sorry Nw but you just dont have the athleticism to keep up with Zt.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Northwest can do it, just have to buckle down and feed your big man.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

gahs4ever wrote:youthsportsfan: I dont know NW's schedule, but for a DIII program ZT doesnt have to apologize for theirs:
split 2 games with 2009 state semi-finalist Piketon, DII schools like Vinton County, Greenfield McClain and Logan Elm, and South Point.

As far as shooters, scorers and players go, I doubt there will be a better one on the floor than Kirk Maxwell of the Pioneers. Here are just a few of his stats:
20.5 ppg
50% FG
68.8% FT
32% Three Pointers
1,176 career points
And yes, Kirk is the son of Chip Maxwell of the 1970 state semi-finalist Pioneers who went 52-2 in the 68-69 and 69-70 seasons. Chip scored 1,037 points in his stellar career and was also a member of the state final four Pioneer squad in 1970. He was the #1 draft pick in the nation in 1970 of the Texas Rangers and I believe made it to AAA before an auto accident tore up his shoulder and ended his baseball career. I am doint this from memory and was in the service at that time so someone might be able to add to this and correct any errors I might have made.

Haynes is second on the club at 14.5 ppg

I know that over the years the SOC (primarily Wheelersburg) has had the Pioneers number more often than not, but this is now and I would make ZT the prohibitive favorite; no disrepect to NW intended.

I relaize that ZT has failed to get out of the district since 1970 but those squads though 1970 were coached by Ron Hall, one of the best Ive been around. Hall later took the Art Schlister led Miami Trace basketball team to the final four, and I believe coached Adena to the regionals. Coach Kellough, IMO, did less with more for the most part in his years at ZT and I am quite sure (his state championship aside at Chillicothe) he has yet to crack the 400 win mark in spite of all his years on the bench. The names of just a few of the players he has coach reads like a who's who of SE DIII basketball players of his time in Kinnikinnick; among them Chris and Pat Beard, Nate Singer, Luke Singer; most of them 1000 point scorers in their own right. Im not sure if Kellough was there for Jeff Wright or Dave Hammond or not. Both of those are also 1000 point scorers.

I dont have a dog in the fight but South Point is not a d2 school. D3.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Some of the stats you guys have.....geez, does anybody have a life or a job? lol JK. I enjoy the game tremendously but dont really care about the stats or who this player is the son of or who I compare him to. They are teenagers and have enough stress and they read this stuff. Just enjoy the game, quit smak talking and cheer for your team. And no matter what, pray all these kids are safe, get a good education and go on to make something of themselves. Good luck to both teams, the cheerleaders and all the coaches and refs. Even though a select few of you dont like some of them. Onward to Athens.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

I clicked on it. Got the home page to open but then tried to go to Piketon's athletic website and it says page not found. Think they must have blocked it to us Peake fans...grrrrr. hahaha Anyway, good luck to both you guys. I get to see this game since it starts right before the Piketon vs Peake game. Should be two really great games!

shag
Waterboy

Post by shag »

ZT by 10 but I hope nort west wins

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

What time does this game tip-off?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Basketball 30

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

Swanker Pine wrote:Basketball 30

:lol:
AKA 5:30 PM
:)

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

:lol: couldn't resist

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Mohawks gonna represent SOC II well in this one...Leslie goes for 30+ and Northwest sneaks by in an upset.*

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Have they started yet?

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace 24
Northwest 24

Half

Living on the ridge
Waterboy

Post by Living on the ridge »

Any updates

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace 52
Northwest 48

FINAL

ZT (18-4)
NW (9-10)

Return to “Boys Basketball”