PEEBLES VS. VALLEY

PHS09
Waterboy

Re: PEEBLES VS. VALLEY

Post by PHS09 »

bucknut53 wrote:
PHS09 wrote:Seaman 30, Collier 18, Countryman 10, Justice 9.....Impressed with the team play. If everyone wants to double-team Blake or or go heavy to his side and leave the weak side open, they are gonna get burned, as Valley found out tonight. Seaman and Collier stepped up big--as big players do in big games, but as I have said in a previous post, Blake has matured in to an all-around team player. I think he would gladly take 9 a game and go to regionals....as would Andrew, or Eric. Team play and great defense wins games. Impressive passing tonight as well. I know there were 15 assists at the half.

I have to question your phrasing a little. Seaman and Collier have played big all season long, so it came as no surprise to me that they posted these type of numbers. Seaman is a stud and Collier a force down low. Countryman played a very nice game too as he has done all season long. Blake didn't have his usual offensive game tonight, but he contributed to this victory in many other ways.

Don't disagree about Seaman and Collier...they have played well all season but they also stepped up above seasonal averages, and I think that was the point of my post...they are going to every time a team wants to focus on Blake. I also agree that Blake didn't have his usual offensive game, but that was my point as well....he will gladly give that up for a team victory.

dragon88
Riding the Bench

Post by dragon88 »

Great team effort! :aaaaa56

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Congrats to both teams on their great seasons. The Yates boy is going to be fun to watch for the next few years, I was very impressed with his effort tonight. Good luck in the next round Peebles! Bring home our first district title since 84.

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

I'll throw some congrats to both teams tonight on a great effort. Great Job Peebles now just keep it up one game at a time!!

Chief Lefty
Waterboy

Post by Chief Lefty »

congrats to valley the Yates kid can play. Valley fans should enjoy watching him for 2 more.

Fuzz Meister
Riding the Bench

Post by Fuzz Meister »

that yates kid was their life line he is a lot to that team. We didn't shut him down so we were lucky he was the only one with a good game.

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

PHS09 wrote:
bucknut53 wrote:
PHS09 wrote:Seaman 30, Collier 18, Countryman 10, Justice 9.....Impressed with the team play. If everyone wants to double-team Blake or or go heavy to his side and leave the weak side open, they are gonna get burned, as Valley found out tonight. Seaman and Collier stepped up big--as big players do in big games, but as I have said in a previous post, Blake has matured in to an all-around team player. I think he would gladly take 9 a game and go to regionals....as would Andrew, or Eric. Team play and great defense wins games. Impressive passing tonight as well. I know there were 15 assists at the half.

I have to question your phrasing a little. Seaman and Collier have played big all season long, so it came as no surprise to me that they posted these type of numbers. Seaman is a stud and Collier a force down low. Countryman played a very nice game too as he has done all season long. Blake didn't have his usual offensive game tonight, but he contributed to this victory in many other ways.

Don't disagree about Seaman and Collier...they have played well all season but they also stepped up above seasonal averages, and I think that was the point of my post...they are going to every time a team wants to focus on Blake. I also agree that Blake didn't have his usual offensive game, but that was my point as well....he will gladly give that up for a team victory.

All the boys stepped up, in my humble opinion. And as far as Blake goes, you can only do so much with both arms strapped down to your sides with someone hanging on you all night. I htought he stayed poised and contributed in ways other than scoring that aided in the WIN! Good job to all. And yes, they have all played big several times this year. Keep it up boys. You are a great bundh to watch. You have done Peebles and yourselves PROUD! Go Indians! Go SHL!

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

I noticed that Justice was limping a little and with the trainer after the game. Does anyone know if he's hurt?

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Man was I wrong!!! I really thought Valley would be able to handle the scoring and the pressure of Peebles. I was very impressed by the offensive fire power of Peebles. All I can say is pick your poison! You can't double team everybody. It was fun watching them pass and shoot the ball the way they did. Congrats and good luck the Peebles Indians the rest of the way.

shag
Waterboy

Post by shag »

Go peebles we on yesterday now we got Ironton sould be a very good game

GO PEEBLES INDIANS

Fuzz Meister
Riding the Bench

Post by Fuzz Meister »

shag wrote:Go peebles we on yesterday now we got Ironton sould be a very good game

GO PEEBLES INDIANS

You need to brush up on your grammar there shag.

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

Fuzz Meister wrote:
shag wrote:Go peebles we on yesterday now we got Ironton sould be a very good game

GO PEEBLES INDIANS

You need to brush up on your grammar there shag.

I was told a while back that grammar and spelling really isn't that important when it comes to some good old fashioned bball banter. ;-)

Return to “Boys Basketball”