Peebles vs. NA

shljunkie
Varsity

Re: Peebles vs. NA

Post by shljunkie »

so what you are saying is that if someone has an opinion...you are going to "set them straight" and let them "know that what they are thinking is wrong or right"?. What happened to everyone has a right to their opinions and who are you to tell them that they are right or wrong? Again slamdunk, you are missing the whole point......read carefully....it's not about having opinions....it's about knowing when it is an appropriate and not appropriate time to express them and being someone who says they are all about kids....doing something that brings negativity and possibly even hurt...to kids. I think it was pretty clear you have a beef with Lawhorn so because you may not know the facts maybe someone needs to set you straight?

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I don't think it's about "not hurting anyone's feelings" wink wink.....it's about right and wrong especially when you are talking about kids and you did the right thing! Kudos slamdunk!!

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

Go Indians

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Have you ever noticed that when Lawhorn is here the Jr high starts winning,We have freshman teams,Reserve plays well and the varsity plays well.Same system top to bottom.Enjoy that the whole system is on the same page.It will pay dividends down the road.After John is gone I am sure who ever takes the helm will have a group of kids who know the basics.Great teams have coaches for a long time.There is strength in numbers and I see more kids on each team now than I've seen in a long time.Let's just trust whatever coach we have and keep them here for a long time.Go PHS!

indianmaniac
Riding the Bench

Post by indianmaniac »

shljunkie wrote:indianmaniac, I think I remember what you were referring to but there are certain times a player can go in....they can't just get up off the bench and go in....they have to be let in by the scorer's table and it may have been that it wasn't a dead ball situation or something.

No that's not what it was, I know all about when you can sub and when you can't and that's not what I saw or what the people around me saw.
goindians42 wrote:I, along with a bunch of others were taking pictures of the net cutting--Coach Lawhorn was doing his interview with C103. I know for a fact that the bench players were told to go to the other end of the gym and cut down that net. I looked around and wondered why they did not go. After a few minutes, the cheerleaders went down there to cut it down. I am not sure why some of the boys hesitated about going on the other end. A man was there with a ladder and scissors ready for action. Anyone who thinks that John Lawhorn does not appreciate the bench players and how they help the team in practice is very much mistaken!!!
Let's not get a bitter taste in our mouth and ruin this moment for our guys!! I have been on a team and not gotten to cut a piece of the net---am I OK??? You bet!! I was proud to be an Indian and still am!! GO INDIANS!!

The bench players did go to the other end and were called back up to the end the other players(starters and those who get to play) were at.

Also the first post was made by a mother who has every right to say what she wants.
No one has to post here if they don't want to.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

If I'm not mistaken I think North Adams did a similar thing with the substitutions to allow the seniors to exit the game individually to give the fans a chance to applaud them. I have no problem with a coach doing that for a kid who is playing their last game. I do have a problem with not letting the bench get some minutes when a team has a substantial lead and I am not singling out any particular team as more and more seem to do this. The kids at the end of the bench put in the effort and time same as everyone else and when an opportunity for them to get some time presents itself a coach should reward them. It's really not that much to ask in my opinion.
If it were my son and a situation occurred as described by Peebles Mamma Bear then I would be livid as well. Hopefully there is a reasonable explanation for this as I am reluctant to think that players would be treated that way.

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

Has anyone asked the coaching staff at Peebles about this? Guess I would just be curious to know as I agree with earlier posters who said that it just doesn't seem the appropriate forum to air complaints. It's pretty obvious that people on here don't have the answers so while yes, everyone has the right to post what they want, seems to me it would make sense to go to the source and ask or complain to the right person?

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

There seem to be a lot of coaches from around the SHL area that do post replies on here. So maybe we will here from one of them as to why this happened.

I also think that the answer about not only this, but lots of other things that are discussed on these forums may only be ones opinion. It really doesn't matter if we know for sure why it was done, it still makes for interesting conversation. There are things discussed about why a certain player started or why did we play that defense etc. that only one of the coaches can answer and it's ok if we discuss that. JMO.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Cheerleaders should never cut down nets. They don't do anything to deserve it.

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

I agree slug....just seems that if it's a personal issue that a parent has...the place to go would be the horse's mouth. As a dad, I know if my son thought I got on here and complained, he would be livid!

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

Athens 78 is right....especially not in front of players.

indianmaniac
Riding the Bench

Post by indianmaniac »

I will have to say that I do not think Coach Lawhorn would put the cheeleaders in front of the players. I don't know who made that decision :122248. And I do know it wasn't a time issue because people hung around in there for a long time afterwards doing pictures, congratulating the team, etc........

I remember when all the players and cheerleaders participated in this. That would make the best sense to me.

indianmaniac
Riding the Bench

Post by indianmaniac »

shljunkie wrote:I guess, while I understand everyone's comments, there are oftentimes explanations for things but instead of asking for those explanations with the appropriate people at the appropriate times we let emotions take over and we jump the gun. I've done that myself. I just think we get a lot of negativity from everyone else already so why bring it upon ourselves. This is a forum that is read by everyone allover the state and this kind of thing just makes us look like we don't even support ourselves. And it doesn't do anything but fuel a fire. I think as a parent or concerned fan...go to the source....ask something if you want to know but don't do something that just contributes to tearing down our program. That only hurts the kids instead of helps.

I agree with you about letting our emotions take over. I think all of us with children are guilty of that at least a time or two. :) LOL

shag
Waterboy

Post by shag »

I agree 100% the bench should of got to cut down the net. They praticapte as much as the main players they go throug practice and work hard for what for them to get beat down in practice and then they dont get the respect to cut the net down.

I totaly agree wih you

Return to “Boys Basketball”