Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

Post by 1987chieftains »

its fact. i got a new alert in my email from the logan daily today. it is sad he has started a good feeder program. and now may never reap the rewards of it.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I always respected him. Thought he did a good job, and did it the right way. Does not always end up in wins , but in the end, is still the most important thing in my opinion.
An opportunity for Logan to start anew, with football and basketball opening.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

true

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

he(myers) was very dedicated to the basketball program with scouting reports and shootouts and off season workouts to get the players better. but it just didnt turn into W's. I think he'll find a coaching job some were maybe not high school or he goes back and helps out the football program next year he helped out when my uncle played during the early 90's i think they need to get a coach that isn't from logan and won't do that last name factor and politics

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

SPG9 wrote:You sure you don't mean Varsity experience? Doesn't matter too much what division you coach in highschool.

Before anyone even starts...no chance of Maddox or Stiverson taking this job. Both are outstanding highschool coaches and both are also well aware of the issues with this job...football school, central district, unrealistic community expectations...the list goes on.

Logan basketball hasn't been the same since the biddy programs of the early/mid eighties disbanded. In particular, the Comets and the work done by Jim Myers and Jim Pierce with youth basketball in Logan. As political as it may have been (kids handpicked with no open tryouts) it sure paid dividends in later years...without a quality feeder program things have really tailed off. I also think the focus on football and single sport athletes has changed the landscape...

The above posters boy is well versed in the underlined part of this post. :mrgreen:

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Hhhmmmm.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Tall One wrote:Hhhmmmm.

That's it? Come on Tall One, give it to them... ;-)

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Nope, That's all I got. Don't live there anymore and don't care anymore. I will just sit back and watch the show. But I do want to say to a few posters.....I told ya so..hehe... just watch and see who takes the spot....

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

So who's the front runner for the job
Open gyms and summer schedules should be made up soon

SPG9
Waterboy

Post by SPG9 »

Tall One wrote:Nope, That's all I got. Don't live there anymore and don't care anymore. I will just sit back and watch the show. But I do want to say to a few posters.....I told ya so..hehe... just watch and see who takes the spot....

I believe you said Myers and Walsh were swithching jobs...Myers was canned and will not be taking the girls job.....second WALSH WILL NOT BE TAKING THE GIRLS JOB....

Once again you know nothing......now stay away

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Is there an article on this or just rumor?

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Actually last thing I said was myers is job hunting, Walsh is taking the boys program and McNeal is wanting the girls spot real bad, but Mcneal will not get the girls spot. Just wait and watch....teehee

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

its like a soap opera during sweeps week. :shock:

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Speaking of soaps, I also said something about extracurricular activities, but that was removed. you know something SP, I don't live there, I dont have to care about whose toes I step on. I left for a reason, people just like u.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

thank god -now they bring in walsh and he wont win either i say hire outside.if you are from logan we all know who it will be -dad is mayor.

ChieftainGrad135
Riding the Bench

Post by ChieftainGrad135 »

If I am not mistaking, any head coach of a sports team has to be an employee of the school system in some capacity. I might be wrong. I am not saying that someone from the outside cannot apply and subsequently get a position within the school system, but this leads me to believe it will be from the inside. My guess would be Walsh as well.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

go outside and get somebody new. i hope they take there time and find someone.

Anonymous Rutter
Waterboy

Post by Anonymous Rutter »

Don't count me out. I cam to Logan to caoch the frosh with this exact scenario in mind. I am well prpepared and highly motivated to get the job done.

Stopsign
Waterboy

Post by Stopsign »

I believe that LOGAN is a Sleeping Giant when it comes to basketball. If the new coach can get the talent to buy into his program it will be a winner year after year. Coach Maddox at Warren is from Logan and would do an excellent job if Logan school district would give him & Sally a moving package (that's if they both are interested in moving back home). :-D :-D

Second person is Dan Bise at Logan Elm he knows basketball and would do an excellent job also. :-D :)

Thrid person is Larry Jordan from Southeastern/Jackson City he told them (Jackson City) to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Why, because they didn't want him to practice the team when there wsn't no school. He couldn't get the players ready to play when everyone else was practing. I don't blame Coach Jordan at all in resigning from the position. 8) 8)

Forth person is Norm Perison from Oak Hill he would practice Logan players all year around. He would build a program that would win the league title and get blasted in the frist round of the tournament. :lol: :lol:

hoopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by hoopsfan »

How does the hiring freeze for school district affect any of these scenerios??

Return to “Boys Basketball”