Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Re: Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

Post by froggy48 »

Coach Koons-Seriously-For Real! Hopefully not in any of our lifetimes.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

so whats the story with the coach out of jackson?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

MENTALIST wrote:COACH KOONS IS THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THE JOB!!!!

HE HAS WON ON THE VARSITY LEVEL.

Logan needs a new face to handle our basketball program. We do not need coaches with baggage

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

purplehaze wrote:And Skinner for a head coach, get real. He got fired at Athens once. Everyone HATED him then. His antics, his whining and his preferential treatment. He only got rehired because they were in the same position as Logan is this year. No new job openings, and he was already in the system.

Haze, you definitely are in a haze. I'll use a line from a favorite movie, (give a fist pump if anyone can guess it) "Mister, you don't know nothin'" :lol:

SPG9
Waterboy

Post by SPG9 »

Logangrad wrote:
purplehaze wrote:Helber did play varsity ball in high school-Logan High School in fact. Has been in the Logan system for years.
In case you haven't noticed, Walsh (girls coach) never played High school ball and was never a varsity coach. If you want to throw out no varsity experience, I think the number of years at the reserve level are a pretty good barometer of what his potential is.

And Skinner for a head coach, get real. He got fired at Athens once. Everyone HATED him then. His antics, his whining and his preferential treatment. He only got rehired because they were in the same position as Logan is this year. No new job openings, and he was already in the system.

Uhhh Walsh did in fact play basketball. He played junior high, freshman and JV. He was a very skilled defender. Didnt play his junior or senior year. But he did play up to the end of his sophomore year. Just FYI.

And don't forget three years with the Comets under Jim Myers and Jim Pierce.....probably knew more basketball after those three years than most ever learn playing junior high through varsity.

ChieftainGrad135
Riding the Bench

Post by ChieftainGrad135 »

How long do you think that we will have to sputter around before we know of a decision?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

MENTALIST wrote:COACH KOONS IS THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THE JOB!!!!

HE HAS WON ON THE VARSITY LEVEL.

Then tell us why Trimble got rid of a sucessfull coach? At least he had a winning record!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

preferential treatment.... i get sick of hearing about coaches giving kids preferential treatment... that is about the dumbest fckng excuse i have ever heard... if your kid cant hack it... poor work ethic, poor attitude, lack of skills... just blame it on the coach giving others preferential treatment for the reason your kid sits the bench or doesnt get to shoot enough. only a dumb a$$would buy that.

ChieftainGrad135
Riding the Bench

I disagree theassassin.......not totally, but to a certain extent. I know in Logan and the way it goes in many other small communities is if you have the right last name, you will get a look at or an opportunity before someone else. That is in all sports, not just bball or fball. It is a fact of life in Logan. It isn't as black and white as you say it is by saying that a kid can or can't hack it and that is why they are pine riders or shooters. Is that probably a prevelant reason, yes? But we cannot say that is the only reason that it occurs.

SPG9
Waterboy

Post by SPG9 »

lhs_iraq_vet wrote:I disagree theassassin.......not totally, but to a certain extent. I know in Logan and the way it goes in many other small communities is if you have the right last name, you will get a look at or an opportunity before someone else. That is in all sports, not just bball or fball. It is a fact of life in Logan. It isn't as black and white as you say it is by saying that a kid can or can't hack it and that is why they are pine riders or shooters. Is that probably a prevelant reason, yes? But we cannot say that is the only reason that it occurs.

This is the biggest load of crap...what exactly is the "right" last name in Logan? Nothing but sour grapes. Either you or your child was passed over for playing time at one point in your life and rather than owning up to the fact that someone was better than you, this ridiculous excuse gets used. Attitude can also be a factor. You may be better than the kid playing ahead of you but maybe you have a really poor attitude, don't work hard in practice, or are just plain lazy. I can't think of a single instance where a kid was played because of who their parents were. About as igorant as one of the earlier comments about Walsh getting the boys job because his dad is mayor.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

lhs_iraq_vet wrote:I disagree theassassin.......not totally, but to a certain extent. I know in Logan and the way it goes in many other small communities is if you have the right last name, you will get a look at or an opportunity before someone else. That is in all sports, not just bball or fball. It is a fact of life in Logan. It isn't as black and white as you say it is by saying that a kid can or can't hack it and that is why they are pine riders or shooters. Is that probably a prevelant reason, yes? But we cannot say that is the only reason that it occurs.

.... and there is someone with the same opinion as yours in athens, nelsonville, trimble, gallia, jackson and etc.... and everyone of your opinions are nothing but sour grapes like spg9 said.... what coach is seriously going to play someone just because of their last name????

ChieftainGrad135
Riding the Bench

SPG9 and theassassin.....I have no sour grapes. I never, nor did my child get passed over at any point in time...especially my child considering he is all of 6 months old. I lettered 3 years in the sport I participated in.........and it wasn't golf, tennis, or track. I agree with what you said, all I am trying to say is if you have two players of equal or similar talent and one happens to have a parent who is a coach, one happens to have a parent in the school system, or one happents to have a parent who has a prevelant position within the county, their child is going to get the nod. NOTICE I SAID EQUAL OR SIMILAR TALENT........I am not saying that an athletically gifted child will get looked over for someone with a name. Logan coaches, and any coach in their right mind have gone for and will go with the athletic talent. And as for the names you ask for, I am not going to state them out of respect for them. I knew them, still know them, and I actually have respect for people unlike the both of you who are beligerent, one track minded, and disrespectful of others opinions. Read into the post a little more before you go spouting off that I am stating someone is going to get the nod because of their name only, regardless of athletic talent. That is where the "it is not black and white" fits in.

SPG9
Waterboy

Post by SPG9 »

"Prevelant postion within the county", seriously? During my years at Logan, which included 10 varsity letters, never did I see a single occurrence of someone getting the nod ahead of another player because they had a parent as a teacher or county commissioner or whatever other "prevelant positions" you refer to. The perception may be that this is occurring, but those individuals making the claims aren't at practice everyday or are complely blind to the fact that their child has a horrible attitude and is a complete pain to deal with. Not all decisions are based on athletic ability, nor should they be. Attitiude, willingness to work hard, and the type of teammate you are are also big factors.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

lhs_iraq_vet wrote:SPG9 and theassassin.....I have no sour grapes. I never, nor did my child get passed over at any point in time...especially my child considering he is all of 6 months old. I lettered 3 years in the sport I participated in.........and it wasn't golf, tennis, or track. I agree with what you said, all I am trying to say is if you have two players of equal or similar talent and one happens to have a parent who is a coach, one happens to have a parent in the school system, or one happents to have a parent who has a prevelant position within the county, their child is going to get the nod. NOTICE I SAID EQUAL OR SIMILAR TALENT........I am not saying that an athletically gifted child will get looked over for someone with a name. Logan coaches, and any coach in their right mind have gone for and will go with the athletic talent. And as for the names you ask for, I am not going to state them out of respect for them. I knew them, still know them, and I actually have respect for people unlike the both of you who are beligerent, one track minded, and disrespectful of others opinions. Read into the post a little more before you go spouting off that I am stating someone is going to get the nod because of their name only, regardless of athletic talent. That is where the "it is not black and white" fits in.

couldnt agree with you more......politics and having that last name does occur in logan in about every sport, were have you been spg9 and assassin and different players get different treatment it happend in basketball. if one player makes a mistake he is out pretty much the entire game but another player makes 2 or 3 mistakes and he is in the game still. so having that last name does happen and politics also

SPG9
Waterboy

Post by SPG9 »

All I am saying is unless you are coaching and at practice every day you don't know why decisions are made. To the spectator things may appear black and white but that isn't always the case

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

call me belligerent and disrespectful if you want... unless you can tell me you have sat in on practices and coaches meetings i'm not buying what you're trying to sell

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

dont make the assassin mad, fellas! you wont like it if he gets angry! :122245

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

I'd like to see Blevins or Stiverson or Maddox, but God knows that is not going to happen.
And I told everybody it was going to happen this year.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

wowhesfast wrote:I'd like to see Blevins or Stiverson or Maddox, but God knows that is not going to happen.
And I told everybody it was going to happen this year.

Let's all pray and express postive opinions to go after with guns a blazing for either Stiverson or Maddox. A new era for Logan Basketball!

Return to “Boys Basketball”