Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

forthekids
Waterboy

Re: Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

Post by forthekids »

Stiverson or Maddox will run away from this job. Only D1 school in this part of the state and being in the central district... Only moonie could take this job and be successful.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

good one

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

forthekids wrote:Stiverson or Maddox will run away from this job. Only D1 school in this part of the state and being in the central district... Only moonie could take this job and be successful.

Unless you aim for the best, you just be average! A New Era in Logan Basketball!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Logan being the only DI school in this part of the State should dominate every year! I say give Greg Koons a chance, Logan and him are a great match!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Pol Pot wrote:Logan being the only DI school in this part of the State should dominate every year! I say give Greg Koons a chance, Logan and him are a great match!

Please let us know why Greg Koons had to leave his coaching and teaching job at Trimble. Please clear this up!

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

I swear people should have to pass a test before being aloud to post on threads!!
Moonie, Once agin you are incorrect! Greg is still employed at Timble High School.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

eaglesrock wrote:I swear people should have to pass a test before being aloud to post on threads!!
Moonie, Once agin you are incorrect! Greg is still employed at Timble High School.

AgainJust like with Keith's coaching record I am only getting half of an answer. Then let's get to the root of the question. Why was Koons terminated from his coaching position? Please no sugercoated answer!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

moonschein wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:Logan being the only DI school in this part of the State should dominate every year! I say give Greg Koons a chance, Logan and him are a great match!

Please let us know why Greg Koons had to leave his coaching and teaching job at Trimble. Please clear this up!

He did not leave, nor have a teaching job at Trimble. He resigned his coaching position. So, once he resigned I am guessing he had to leave it???

Schein, will you make it through a season as head basketball coach at Logan? I think the first year will be the hardest. If you can make it through year one it should be smooth sailing. :mrgreen:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Heavy D wrote:
moonschein wrote:

He did not leave, nor have a teaching job at Trimble. He resigned his coaching position. So, once he resigned I am guessing he had to leave it???

Schein, will you make it through a season as head basketball coach at Logan? I think the first year will be the hardest. If you can make it through year one it should be smooth sailing. :mrgreen:

Guessing, Guessing, Listen I would have no problems with Koons if you so called experts would tell the truth. Then I shall Judge! If there was only minor problems, then tell it like it is!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Well he resigned. Usually when someone resigns they leave the position they resign from. That is why I said, I am guessing that is why he had to leave. I have not heard of anyone not having to leave a position they resign from unless their resignation is not accepted. Or if they rescind their resignation. His resignation was accepted, and he did not seek to rescind it. I can't say for sure that he then HAD to leave though. No one ever has to leave a position unless they are forcefully removed. Make yourself more clear next time. Also, I think you are just trying to bad mouth coach Koons so as to lessen the competition against you as you try to get the job. Just tell the truth. :mrgreen:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Heavy D wrote:Well he resigned. Usually when someone resigns they leave the position they resign from. That is why I said, I am guessing that is why he had to leave. I have not heard of anyone not having to leave a position they resign from unless their resignation is not accepted. Or if they rescind their resignation. His resignation was accepted, and he did not seek to rescind it. I can't say for sure that he then HAD to leave though. No one ever has to leave a position unless they are forcefully removed. Make yourself more clear next time. Also, I think you are just trying to bad mouth coach Koons so as to lessen the competition against you as you try to get the job. Just tell the truth. :mrgreen:

Not bad mouthing! Just want to know what happened. Please clear it up we do not need rumors flying around. Just the truth!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I gave you the truth. You are the one with the rumors. Like Koons leaving a teaching job. Now the truth about your coaching aspirations please. :mrgreen:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

"D" you better worry about your bullpuppies and the rest of the Athens Co schools. I would be worried about the Trimble problems and stay out of the Logan coaching seach. We will find an outstanding Head Coach, Remember This is a New Era for Logan Basketball. We need postive people like our outstanding School Supt. Steve Strin, he will guide the committee to make the right selection!

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

Heavy D wrote:I gave you the truth. You are the one with the rumors. Like Koons leaving a teaching job. Now the truth about your coaching aspirations please. :mrgreen:

this needs to be settled like real men- a vasoline match come on fellows lets all get along how bout this bring up some good points you both make-sound good.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Both Moonie and Heavy D has some vaild points. Logan needs to bring someone in from the outside and clean up all the bickering and special treatment. Let's get on with selection an outstanding up and coming young highly motivated coach! Let's please let him select his own coaching staff.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

my opinion for what it's worth.... until parents step back and allow coaches to do their job... nothing is going to change. i'm not talking about just logan either. this is true at any school. proof??? read this board or attend a game, sit in the stands and listen.
it has gotten worse and worse over the years. ask jim osborne, fred gibson or carl wolfe... all long time coaches and see what they have to say about differences in coaching hs sports today compared to 25 yrs ago or even 10 yrs ago.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Logan BOE meets tonight , any information as to whether a recommendation will be made as to who will take over the boys varsity position ? ...

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

pfloyd wrote:... Logan BOE meets tonight , any information as to whether a recommendation will be made as to who will take over the boys varsity position ? ...

pfloyd, did you apply! To all poster let's PM pfloyd and encourge him to seek this position!

L-Town12
Waterboy

Post by L-Town12 »

None of them coaches are gonna coach at Logan! They need myers to come back. PERIOD

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Varsity BB position was not discussed at the BOE meeting - not on the agenda ... those that HAVE applied will begin going through an interview process ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”