You are going to want Myers back when you find out
who your new coach is. Let's just say you always trade up,
never down.

Be careful of what you wish for...

3morethan2
Varsity

Re: Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

Post by 3morethan2 »

Like ive said before it needs to be someone from outside of logan, coach koons might be the best decision maddox or stiverson isnt going to come to logan you can just give up on that why leave a place were your successful then come to a school that is in the most competitive district in D-1. I mean if Koons is the only coach that wants the job and he is confident he can do good then give him a chance summer is coming up and they need to find someone so they can get there summer stuff in.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

MENTALIST wrote:MY SOURCES INSIDE THE PROGRAM TELL ME COACH KOONS WILL BE THE NEXT COACH AT LOGAN.

The annoucement will be coming as early as monday!!!!

NEW ERA AT LOGAN TO BEGIN !!!!!

Your sources are about as good as mine! By the way I guess there are sources all over southeast Ohio, even outside of our school system! According to a inside school source, interview, are in the process of being conducted! Look for an annoucement soon. look for either Maddox or Helber to accept the job!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

eaglesrock: I am speaking in general terms about Logan's athletes.......from year to year, there should be enough athletes at LHS to field a respectable basketball team......certainly the school is big enough to compete for the SEOAL title most years.......and as for specific athletes, I know from watching the Chieftains this past year that Patrick Angle, Mason Mays, and Jordan Rutter were good basketball players.......and it's not the first time that Logan has put 3 good players on the court at the same time.

I picked Logan to compete with Chillicothe for the SEOAL title this past year......obviously it didn't turn out that way, with Ironton winning outright, but the reason I was so high on the Chieftains was that they had most of their team coming back.

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Post by froggy48 »

I hope its Maddox or Helber! Please never "coach" koons. Would not be a good hire.

Purplehaze
Waterboy

Post by Purplehaze »

Mull this over folks.....
First, I spoke with a school board member who, although, did not divulge much, did say there were 2 excellent candidates. (He would not say from within or outside the system.)
One of the coaches faced a rather large stumbling block. The other, appeared to be the school board members "choice" candidate, which from what I could tell was Helber.

Second, and this is a blockbuster, I did hear (from a parent who has a boy in the Logan basketball system), that Jim O'Brien, (yes the former OSU coach) was a leading candidate. Yes, I thought it was crazy too.

Purplehaze
Waterboy

Post by Purplehaze »

I think Helber would be great. Unfortunately, he's been stuck under Swinehart and now Myers. He is more of a Mattox like coach and besides- he has put winners on the court. Much more so than Myers ever did. Under Helber, kids know what is expected of them and they perform that way. No free-for all, street ball, throw up the ball from anywhere on the court type crap.

I can't really say anything about Koons, but what is the official reason he left Trimble???

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

trojandave wrote:eaglesrock: I am speaking in general terms about Logan's athletes.......from year to year, there should be enough athletes at LHS to field a respectable basketball team......certainly the school is big enough to compete for the SEOAL title most years.......and as for specific athletes, I know from watching the Chieftains this past year that Patrick Angle, Mason Mays, and Jordan Rutter were good basketball players.......and it's not the first time that Logan has put 3 good players on the court at the same time.

I picked Logan to compete with Chillicothe for the SEOAL title this past year......obviously it didn't turn out that way, with Ironton winning outright, but the reason I was so high on the Chieftains was that they had most of their team coming back.

yea in the last 4 or 5 years logan has had the talent to maybe not win the league but at least compete for it and yea you can't blame the coach for everything that has happend but for some reason the past teams havent been able to reach their potential.

ontheroadagain
Waterboy

Post by ontheroadagain »

Coach koons would bring a diffrent style of ball to Logan his Freshmen team played hard fast paced basketball last season with great results. For those of you speculting why he left Trimble why would you not leave a D4 school for a D1 school my understanding is that he is still employed there just not coaching. And from the sounds of things in the paper getting out of Trimble school district might not be all that bad

Football Time!
Waterboy

Post by Football Time! »

What athletes does Logan bring back next year?

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Logan loses alot I think. The Guess kid, Buckler and Jared Rutter would be the ones with any varsity experience. After that, it would be a trap shoot as to who comes up from the JV squad.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

purplehaze wrote:Mull this over folks.....
First, I spoke with a school board member who, although, did not divulge much, did say there were 2 excellent candidates. (He would not say from within or outside the system.)
One of the coaches faced a rather large stumbling block. The other, appeared to be the school board members "choice" candidate, which from what I could tell was Helber.

Second, and this is a blockbuster, I did hear (from a parent who has a boy in the Logan basketball system), that Jim O'Brien, (yes the former OSU coach) was a leading candidate. Yes, I thought it was crazy too.

Were they high? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in my entire life! According to wikipedia, he hasn't been hired since the NCAA lifted the restriction on his hiring a little over two years ago. He's 61. Must want a hobby, in the same way some senior citizens buy an old car or have a wood shop!

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

I agree how gulliable can one person be....seriously! I just hope that they choose someone soon so that the summer/spring workouts can get underway, and Moonie can start harping on something else!

Football Time!
Waterboy

Post by Football Time! »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:Logan loses alot I think. The Guess kid, Buckler and Jared Rutter would be the ones with any varsity experience. After that, it would be a trap shoot as to who comes up from the JV squad.

I believe Montgomery would have had playing time if he did not get injured.

roundtown
Waterboy

Post by roundtown »

I believe they will know Friday.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

let hope roundtown! this soap opera needs cancelled!!!! :roll: but of course after the 1st lose next season moon will be lighting his torch and grabing a pitchfork to run the guy out of town. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

roundtown
Waterboy

Post by roundtown »

Not sure who moon is, but def. not going to be the coach. We do have talent coming back, I think it will be a good year. We do not have to play players because of name or who the coaches are. ther are players that want to play and are good!

roundtown
Waterboy

Post by roundtown »

Rick , is that you moon?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

roundtown wrote:Rick , is that you moon?

Wrong Close but no cigar!

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

Let's hope we put this to rest this weekend. I don't understand the hold up. If the interviews have been completed and they know what they want get on with it. IMO the choice is a no brainer, experience over loyalty. I understand wanting to give Helber a chance he has been there for a long time, but I would go with experience to me Koons would be the choice. IMO
I agree there is talent at Logan just need to get the kids believing in themselves. After that havoc ball that was played last year it will take sometime to build the program back up. This is not a one year fix, I hope that who ever they choose that they give them sometime to build the program. Moonie needs to realize new coach does not mean instant fix it takes time to get the kids on the same track as the "new system" but I think that it can be done with the right coach. IMO

Return to “Boys Basketball”