Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

I smell bad
Varsity

Re: Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

Post by I smell bad »

Koons deserves a shot if they are promoting from within. He has shown he can be successful when he has a little talent to work with. Even at the varsity level. He was in the system last year too, so he knows the kids.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

what it i smell bad!!!! eaglesrock got blasted for talking about the talent.

forthekids
Waterboy

Post by forthekids »

Some of you people on here are nuts about playing kids with certain last names. That's crazy I coached there for 3-4 years and did not even know who the so called named players were. and I can tell you one thing for sure and that is that we put the best players on the court regardless. If some of you are bold enough to list the names of those your referring to I will be more than happy to give you the skinny if you will as to why they did or did not see the playing time that you think they should have got. And I got some news for those of you who have not played in the central district D 1 sectional, it ain't anything like you see around here. Keith worked his tail off for those kids, it's a shame they did not do the same.

ontheroadagain
Waterboy

Post by ontheroadagain »

Well from what I saw last year there was one team that worked its butt off from buzzer to buzzer and it showed the freshmen team gave it 100 percent they were fun to watch fast pace in your face basketball. I hope to see that next season at the Varsity level and I don't think Coach Helber can get them to play any harder than Keith did. I think they played hard at the varsity levelat times it was just strange play calling and haphazard basketball they never seemed to get in a rythmn. The JV team just lacked style as well to much subbing and no control. I hope the school really wants to improve and goes with a knowledgable coach. My vote is for Koons

ontheroadagain
Waterboy

Post by ontheroadagain »

Wow if what I heard this morning is true I don't see that this is a change for Logan basketball.The rumor is Helber was told he has the job. I don't see that this is a step up at all. The admin was unhappy with Keith for what ever resaons one I have heard he couldn't get the kids to play hard well I didn't see Helbers kids playing any harder. Well I am sure that the likes of Warren and the rest of the SEOAL have taken a sigh of relief. IMO not a good choice great guy but I just don't see varsity coaching ability.Well I sat through the last two long seasons looks like there is another one on the horizon.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

you guys and you almighty freshman team. Who did they beat?? Any freshman worth anything was playing JV or Varsity so those boys didn't face their real counterparts. So now if they are not successful later it will be the coaches fault. Nice but get out of the hills and see what lies beyond.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Good call Wiz!
I was also told last night that Helber got the job.
Good luck John!!!

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

wins and loss aside at the Freshmen level I just saw hard play and liked it. I don't have a boy on the team or for that matter on any of the teams. I just didn't see anything different in the JV team than the Varsity team. You all boost that you wanted something different and that you were tired of Keith style of ball. In my opinion it was the same style of ball coming from the JV level. I am not boosting about the almighty Freshmen team I understand that other schools move kids up, I just liked the style of play and thought that if we are wanting something different that Koons would have been the better choice, or someone from outside and as well have all posted, no one from outside wanted this job! I am just guessing like I said it will be more of the same. IMO

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

FULLSCHEDULE wrote:wins and loss aside at the Freshmen level I just saw hard play and liked it. I don't have a boy on the team or for that matter on any of the teams. I just didn't see anything different in the JV team than the Varsity team. You all boost that you wanted something different and that you were tired of Keith style of ball. In my opinion it was the same style of ball coming from the JV level. I am not boosting about the almighty Freshmen team I understand that other schools move kids up, I just liked the style of play and thought that if we are wanting something different that Koons would have been the better choice, or someone from outside and as well have all posted, no one from outside wanted this job! I am just guessing like I said it will be more of the same. IMO

The jv might have been playing Keith ball with him being the head varsity coach. I'm sure Coach Helber will put his system in.

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

noreply Time will tell....I for one am disappointed, but good luck to the Cheifs.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

The Wizard wrote:you guys and you almighty freshman team. Who did they beat?? Any freshman worth anything was playing JV or Varsity so those boys didn't face their real counterparts. So now if they are not successful later it will be the coaches fault. Nice but get out of the hills and see what lies beyond.

FWIW I know Logan frosh beat Warren 3 times. Two of those games they had the kids they had moved up to JV down playing including Leffingwell (Sp?) and Logan beat them both times. The other was blow out city. They have some talent for sure imo. Lost on a buzzer beater to Chilly and by a point or two to a Marietta team they would beat 9 out of 10 times. Other losses were to Mt Vernon and Newark I believe, but played well in league games.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

eaglesrock wrote:Good call Wiz!
I was also told last night that Helber got the job.
Good luck John!!!

WHAT!!
THEY'RE CANCELING THE SOAP OPERA!!!!!!

:122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

WHAT WILL SOME PPL DO NOW????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

roundtown
Waterboy

Post by roundtown »

Congrats to Helber! I know he will do a good job. Like I said he has a good repore with the kids. Looking forward to the year to come.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

See What logan needs for a recap of our committee meeting. Missed some of our out of area posters!

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

Logan basketball will forever regret their decision, their choice was a coach with no varsity expereince over a guy that is a proven winner on any level !!

Purplehaze
Waterboy

Post by Purplehaze »

I think it's a great choice. Been in the program for years, knows all the kids. Lots of coaching experience and he won't have to be a "yes" man to anyone any more. He will bring his own game. I think Logan will do just fine

roundtown
Waterboy

Post by roundtown »

I for one knows he has his own game plan, and it will be good!! Hats off to Helber!!

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

now we can move on until the season starts, I agree Helber is a super guy and I support Logan but I am entitled to my opinion and I think he was not the best choice, but good luck to him and to the Chiefs. I hope that he gets a strong coaching staff to get through this rookie season.
and Good Luck to Coach Koons as well, hopefully he chooses to stay I for one think he is truly needed, but if he choses to move on it is understandable, great coaches find a program were they are needed and wanted and where they feel that they can have an impact, so good luck to him.
And good Luck to Coach Myers in what ever he does as I do think that he loves the game of basketball and liked working with the kids. Every Coach if he stays long enough will make some enemies and in the coaching world changes happen often. So good luck to all involved. End of the soap opera!

LHShoopsfan
Waterboy

Post by LHShoopsfan »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:
The Wizard wrote:you guys and you almighty freshman team. Who did they beat?? Any freshman worth anything was playing JV or Varsity so those boys didn't face their real counterparts. So now if they are not successful later it will be the coaches fault. Nice but get out of the hills and see what lies beyond.

FWIW I know Logan frosh beat Warren 3 times. Two of those games they had the kids they had moved up to JV down playing including Leffingwell (Sp?) and Logan beat them both times. The other was blow out city. They have some talent for sure imo. Lost on a buzzer beater to Chilly and by a point or two to a Marietta team they would beat 9 out of 10 times. Other losses were to Mt Vernon and Newark I believe, but played well in league games.

Freshman also beat Chilicothe last (8th grade) year when no one was playing up. They have been successful in the past and hopefully that continues in the future. Rumor is that team will be kept together to help build on their strength of team work and comradere.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Will the new guy keep any of the old staff members and if so who should be there?

Return to “Boys Basketball”