IRONTON 60 VS Dawson-Bryant 35 - 2/27 - FINAL

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Re: IRONTON 60 VS Dawson-Bryant 35 - 2/27 - FINAL

Post by The Instructor »

OSU 77 wrote:What has happened to T. Waginger?

I was told he is not on the team anymore due to medical issues.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Who was the CG player that got ejected and why?

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

No player was ejected that I know of. I know that a couple that was sitting on the Coal Grove side was asked to leave by the ref.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Asked? :lol:

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

good season hornets!! nothing too be ashamed of!!! we all seen how the game was called!!!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

How was it called?I really want to hear this.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

cg weak schedule does not prepare them for good tourney teams like ironton. all cg wins against teams with losing records. when u play litlle d4 teams all year to get wins you will not be able and ready to play with the big boys like ironton when tourney rolls around. the little general weakens his schedule to make himself look good but u can't get to the convo easy like u do in ky. getting to regionals. it is easier in ky. and randy found he can't do that here.

Muskie25
Waterboy

Post by Muskie25 »

Yeah it's so easy in Kentucky...if I'm not mistaken I believe Ashland smacked Ironton in the mouth this year in hoops and the gridiron. I can assure you that there are quite a few teams Ironton, much less anyone else in that sectional would struggle to beat from the 16th Region. The regional tournaments are much tougher in KY and Ward was highly successful in the 16th Region Tournament. If you guys at CG don't want him anymore I know a few back in the Bluegrass who will gladly take him. I wish you guys at CG the best, but honestly you have had a heck of a coach and I promise you the Hornets will find none better. Of course then again if you want to find another Yes Man, who will just allow basketball to be an afterthought and allow basketball to be just a place to fill space between football and passing leagues then have at it. Rico I invite you this week to Morehead State University for the 16th Region Tournament to see some higher quality teams, I'll even save you a seat ;)

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

CG
if there are any offers for ward in ole bluegrass, take them before it is too late

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Muskie25 wrote:Yeah it's so easy in Kentucky...if I'm not mistaken I believe Ashland smacked Ironton in the mouth this year in hoops and the gridiron. I can assure you that there are quite a few teams Ironton, much less anyone else in that sectional would struggle to beat from the 16th Region. The regional tournaments are much tougher in KY and Ward was highly successful in the 16th Region Tournament. If you guys at CG don't want him anymore I know a few back in the Bluegrass who will gladly take him. I wish you guys at CG the best, but honestly you have had a heck of a coach and I promise you the Hornets will find none better. Of course then again if you want to find another Yes Man, who will just allow basketball to be an afterthought and allow basketball to be just a place to fill space between football and passing leagues then have at it. Rico I invite you this week to Morehead State University for the 16th Region Tournament to see some higher quality teams, I'll even save you a seat ;)

Not that it really matters because Ironton has owned Ashland on the gridiron for years. I'm not really sure about the basketball series. Anyway Ashland is the equivalent to a division 1 school in Ohio. Where as Ironton and Coal Grove are both division 3. Ashland beating Ironton is really not that impressive for a school their size. I would love to see how Ashland would fare vs some of the division 1 teams out of Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, and Cleveland.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Muskie25 wrote:Yeah it's so easy in Kentucky...if I'm not mistaken I believe Ashland smacked Ironton in the mouth this year in hoops and the gridiron. I can assure you that there are quite a few teams Ironton, much less anyone else in that sectional would struggle to beat from the 16th Region. The regional tournaments are much tougher in KY and Ward was highly successful in the 16th Region Tournament. If you guys at CG don't want him anymore I know a few back in the Bluegrass who will gladly take him. I wish you guys at CG the best, but honestly you have had a heck of a coach and I promise you the Hornets will find none better. Of course then again if you want to find another Yes Man, who will just allow basketball to be an afterthought and allow basketball to be just a place to fill space between football and passing leagues then have at it. Rico I invite you this week to Morehead State University for the 16th Region Tournament to see some higher quality teams, I'll even save you a seat ;)

Yea, thats why the Tomkittens are about 2-10 in their last 12 against ironton. The 16th region being so tough, is why only Ashland remains on the schedule and they only agree to play ironton once per year. It was great great back in the 60's and 70's when they had good teams over there. they always wanted to play ironton twice a year. Now none of them come around any more. Even Russell has dropped after being thoroughly dominated the past 5 seasons!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Ashland beat Ironton on the gridiron? Yea, they are going to change Ashlands name to the locusts. they only come out about once every 17 years.

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

First, congrats ITown on the win and hopefully more in the playoffs. The couple (coach and wife) thrown out of the game is a "former" I REPEAT "former" Freshman coach at the Grove. He left this fall for a position outside of the school system which precluded him from coaching this fall. I don't blame Coach Ward for standing up for his players, you would do the same in a similar situation. Good luck to the Tigers for the rest of the tournament.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

SportsMom wrote:good season hornets!! nothing too be ashamed of!!! we all seen how the game was called!!!

typical, typical, typical...you get beat by a clearly superior Ironton team, and you blame the refs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Too bad you just can't get on here and say congratulations to Coal Grove and good luck to Ironton the rest of the way.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Funny ashland slapped Ironton around lol even though Ironton was still getting into basketball shape because they had that darn extended football season.
How dare Ironton go to the playoffs and make them players be late getting into basketball shape lol.
And from what I have read most of the year on alot of these post is Ironton must really be putting out the money to refs every where because they get the calls every game.
Lets just admit Ironton is a nice team not great but nice the play hard good defence and great coaching makes them a dangerous team to play.
Nice season Hornets can't say it was a great game for you so I won't but you showed up and played the game just wasn't your night to win.
Great job tigers look forward to a nice run in these playoffs from ya.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

rico suave wrote:cg weak schedule does not prepare them for good tourney teams like ironton. all cg wins against teams with losing records. when u play litlle d4 teams all year to get wins you will not be able and ready to play with the big boys like ironton when tourney rolls around. the little general weakens his schedule to make himself look good but u can't get to the convo easy like u do in ky. getting to regionals. it is easier in ky. and randy found he can't do that here.

kinda like football

Return to “Boys Basketball”