Varsity

SE District DII Semi: Washington CH vs. Warren

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Here we go . . .

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Re: SE District DII Semi: Washington CH vs. Warren

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

These 2 schools have played 2 classic baseball games in the districts. I look for the same in basketball.

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

anyone have any info on washington courthouse

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

610+ win coach

Former MLB pitcher Jeff Shaw's kid is a good player on this team......have a couple of other very good offensive players (Stringfield is a big scorer)

not a great schedule of difficulty....but enough talent and coaching to win this one.

If Warren plays well....I think they'll win.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

I'm going to go with Warren.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

TTT^

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If WCH has speed at the Guards Warren better get the Defense going quick. Falling behind by near 10 points against these guys and you just might not catch up.

Go Warren

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

I am pulling for Court House in this one. CH 58 Warren 53

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Warren has fallen down by 10 or more in the 1st half in both sectional games and roared back in the 2nd half to win. None of this big deficit stuff on Friday, please. Start good, stay in it, and hit that hot streak at the same time. But we can't afford to fall behind.

Need AC $ to be AC $.

StandFirm
Waterboy

Post by StandFirm »

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."
Michael Jordan

Have Fun!
Play Hard!
Go Warriors!

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Need excellent in your face "D" and great post play to stay in this game as WCH can really shoot the rock. Venham and Fivecoait should have huge games on the boards as WCH doesn't have that much size and don't seem to have a very deep bench. The Warriors have a excellent chance of upsetting the Blue Lions IMO.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Kind of interesting these two teams are not familiar with one another....means the bettter scouting may pay big dividends...and then who can execute the strategy....can't wait to see this one....hope it is a great game!!

fhs_shl11
Freshman Team

Post by fhs_shl11 »

Ironman92 wrote:610+ win coach

Former MLB pitcher Jeff Shaw's kid is a good player on this team......have a couple of other very good offensive players (Stringfield is a big scorer)

not a great schedule of difficulty....but enough talent and coaching to win this one.

If Warren plays well....I think they'll win.

Casey Shaw isnt Jeff Shaw's son...i believe its his nephew; however, the kid is a good basketball player and baseball too but thats in his genes lol.
C.H. is my pick. I havent heard anything about Sloan on here. One of the best players around my area. Only a junior and can score inside and out. Shaw and Stringfield will contribute with alot of scoring. (Hint to Warren.....they can shoot the three ball!!!)

Good and Proven Coach+great scoring team=Courthouse win over Warren

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

There will be a lot of blue at this game.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Is this the 8pm game?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

jcbigblue wrote:Need excellent in your face "D" and great post play to stay in this game as WCH can really shoot the rock. Venham and Fivecoait should have huge games on the boards as WCH doesn't have that much size and don't seem to have a very deep bench. The Warriors have a excellent chance of upsetting the Blue Lions IMO.

Having seen both teams plenty this summer and this year, I don't think Warren will have a huge game on the boards. WCH does not have much height, but the kids are strong on the boards. No teams wins as many games as WCH and not crash the glass.

Saying that Warren is very dangerous and get get points from multiple places. I see this being an evenly matched game, that will go down to the wire. Experience may be the key here. Warren is loaded with their Soph class and they have been to the districts. WCH seems to be a Junior/Sr dominated team, so it may come down to plain on "who wants it more".

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Wheres the bench?
Could win the semi- and maybe even the final because the teams arent as strong this year!!!
Still need to keep some players fresher than what the Warriors have!! 7 will be very tough to keep winning with this!
Especially if you get past the Convo....Strength of teams is disappointing but great for HAPPY TOWN!
ITS GONNA BITE YA!!!!THATS A PROMISE!!
Its like waiting on my depends delivery with only 2 pair left, its gonna get ya!
Should see the Warriors advance with no size to contain Venham, even if the forced shots still happen, and sure the free throws will come around! Could be a big night for Cunningham in the open floor and if he gets any help from the other 5 besides Venham....still questionable..... :mrgreen: The sun comes out tmrw!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

I haven't seen WCH play, but I've seen WHS play all year long, and we "CAN DO IT!!!" Guys!! Play your best ball and we can see Logan Elm, (if they win), and show then how much we've learned in the past couple years. Every game is tuff now, so play hard and "D" it to a win. GO WARRIORS!!!

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Come on young men, bring the victory back to Washington......County.

From your neighbors up 339. (the Cadets for those that don't know)

Go Warriors...

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Warrior C C wrote:Wheres the bench?
Could win the semi- and maybe even the final because the teams arent as strong this year!!!
Still need to keep some players fresher than what the Warriors have!! 7 will be very tough to keep winning with this!
Especially if you get past the Convo....Strength of teams is disappointing but great for HAPPY TOWN!
ITS GONNA BITE YA!!!!THATS A PROMISE!!
Its like waiting on my depends delivery with only 2 pair left, its gonna get ya!
Should see the Warriors advance with no size to contain Venham, even if the forced shots still happen, and sure the free throws will come around! Could be a big night for Cunningham in the open floor and if he gets any help from the other 5 besides Venham....still questionable..... :mrgreen: The sun comes out tmrw!

Just waiting for Warren to lose so you can tell everyone I told you. Well guess what, they will lose sometime in this tourney but it won't be because they didn't play the bench. It will be because the other team may just be better than Warren. Last I looked no one had the Warriors winning the D2 state title. It takes more than being an athlete to be productive at this level of the tourney. At this level it is more possession basketball than running up and down and scoring 70 or 80 points. I see no problem with playing 7 at this point especially if they are your top 7. Remember top 7 basketball players. It is not like the other teams are running five at a time at you.

Return to “Boys Basketball”