SE District DII Semi: Washington CH vs. Warren

339 Tiger
Waterboy

Re: SE District DII Semi: Washington CH vs. Warren

Post by 339 Tiger »

I THOUGHT AFTER THE YOHO GAME, THINGS WERE GONNA GET BETTER AND MAKE EVERYONE GET ALONG?
LETS ENJOY THE RIDE AND WATCH THE BOYS DO WHAT THEY CAN AND COME TOGETHER AS A COMMUNITY!!!!
KEEP ALL OPINIONS TO YOURSELF AND PLEDGE TO GIVE EVERYONE SUPPORT AND SHOW WHAT TRUE WARRIOR FANS ARE LIKE!!!!!!! LET THE COACHES COACH AND PLAYERS PLAY......TOO LATE IN THE YEAR TO CRITICIZE WHATS GOIN ON NOW.....AS BUZZ LIGHTYEAR ONCE SAID..................TO THE CONVO AND BEYONNNNNNNND!!!!!!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

339 Tiger wrote:I THOUGHT AFTER THE YOHO GAME, THINGS WERE GONNA GET BETTER AND MAKE EVERYONE GET ALONG?
LETS ENJOY THE RIDE AND WATCH THE BOYS DO WHAT THEY CAN AND COME TOGETHER AS A COMMUNITY!!!!
KEEP ALL OPINIONS TO YOURSELF AND PLEDGE TO GIVE EVERYONE SUPPORT AND SHOW WHAT TRUE WARRIOR FANS ARE LIKE!!!!!!! LET THE COACHES COACH AND PLAYERS PLAY......TOO LATE IN THE YEAR TO CRITICIZE WHATS GOIN ON NOW.....AS BUZZ LIGHTYEAR ONCE SAID..................TO THE CONVO AND BEYONNNNNNNND!!!!!!

Ditto from here.

Warrior Mom
Waterboy

Post by Warrior Mom »

339 Tiger...I feel for the most part Warrior fans do get along and support one another,and that includes,their "Little Johnnys" too.It has taken every single one of these boys to get us where we are,they all attend practice,and go through the same motions,aches,pains,as the so called "Elite 7",they got here together,and no matter what the outcome Friday night,they will have the memories of a great ride,they shared TOGETHER as one.And they will better young men because of this experience,and glad to be a part of a team,regardless of their position.Go Blue...most of us truly believe in you.

StandFirm
Waterboy

Post by StandFirm »

Well said Warrior Mom

All for one and one for All!

Have Fun!
Play Hard!
Go Warriors!

Can't wait for Friday-Convo Bound

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Herrrrrre we go, Warriors, Here we go,
Warren is GOIN' TO DA CONVO. Here we go.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

You people at at Warren are really sad, it makes me sick to listen to all you ignorant fans Its sad for these kids at Warren to have to put up with all there idiot parents the last two years. Grow up people youre kids are not going to be Labron James so you should hope that they can find a job in a couple years and be able to get through these tough times and forget about this stupid ridiculous game that dont mean a freaking thing. Basketball means nothing and is just a game for the freaks of the world and when you realize this then you will see the light. Oh I forgot the Moon might be out tonight.

Warrior Mom
Waterboy

Post by Warrior Mom »

And why is it Blowhard that you spend so much of your time on here,talking basketball if it means nothing.I know from your posting history,how positive you are all the time.And if it makes you sick for me to stand up for the Warriors kids,then may you RIP,my friend.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

I know you and how you are, you are no different than the rest of poor sports at Warren...................................................................

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

GO Wahington Court House because I root for the teams that have respectful fans.

Warrior Mom
Waterboy

Post by Warrior Mom »

You don't know me...not even close.If you did,you would know what a devote fan of the Warrior Nation I am.As for basketball being for the freaks of the world,well I guess that explains why you are here.HINI is going around again,hope you are recovered from your previous episode,as you are constantly claiming to be sick.....log out,it's just that simple.GO WARRIORS

mkhhg20
Waterboy

Post by mkhhg20 »

Auburntgrfan,
I believe that you are right. The 1986 team made it to the district final. Also, you have to add the 2001 team too. They beat Greenfield McClain at Rio Grande in a thriller to win the district semifinal (don't ask me why they played at Rio for the districts because I don't know the rationale behind that). Brad Venham, Curt Morris, and Issac Ward were on that team. I am thinking they played Portsmouth (then D2) for the district final and lost. Warren has never made it to the regionals; however, I believe they have a great chance to make it this year. I know you want to take it one game at a time but the kids need to be talking about regionals now. It will give them an extra incentive to win and possibly make history at Warren High School.

As far as only playing 7 players, I think it is a great idea as long as the kids are in adequate shape for the Convo floor. It is bigger than most floors they have played on this year. Many people put a big emphasis on rotating players frequently and having a deep bench but when tournament time comes you want the best five players/combination on the court as much as possilbe. So the question is, "Can teams win only playing 7 players?" The answer is, "Absolutely." Some examples are Chillicothe in 2008 (six players) and Belpre in 2001 (five players). One team won state and the other went to the final four. It can be done. I am not saying that Warren has the talent to go to the final four this year but I am saying that I have watched Warren enough to say that they have the talent/chemistry to go to regionals.

As far as the kids that are sitting the bench on the Warrior squad. Keep your heads up and cheer for you team! Your time will come. The "young pups" have a bright future. I liked watching the JV play this year. I think Cowan, Ward, and Winland are up and coming players. Remember, playing time is earned in the offseason as much as in season. So work on your game, play against better players than yourself (aau), and dream big (final four)!

I have watched both teams this year and both are excellent ball clubs. Both well coached. Both play hard. However, they play contrasting styles of ball. CourtHouse likes to get up and down the court in transition and shoot alot of threes. Warren prefers to drive, pound it down low, and crash the boards. If Warren can stop CourtHouses' dribble drive, Warren will roll. If not, they I believe it will be a close game.

Go SEOAL!

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

This is a very winnable game for Warren, keep that train rolling boys!! I believe Warren's physical/quick defense will give WCH serious fits. WCH willn't be scoring nearly as much in the transition as they are accustomed to. If Warren slows WCH transtion game down its theres to lose. Fivecoat/Cunningham/Lang willn't be allowing many good looks from beyond that arc.

Warren 55
WCH 51

defender08
Waterboy

Post by defender08 »

Hey blowhard (diehard), it's LeBron James not Labron James.
Diehard Fan wrote:You people at at Warren are really sad, it makes me sick to listen to all you ignorant fans Its sad for these kids at Warren to have to put up with all there idiot parents the last two years. Grow up people youre kids are not going to be Labron James so you should hope that they can find a job in a couple years and be able to get through these tough times and forget about this stupid ridiculous game that dont mean a freaking thing. Basketball means nothing and is just a game for the freaks of the world and when you realize this then you will see the light. Oh I forgot the Moon might be out tonight.

And from reading this post, it sounds like someone may have sat the bench a lot???

Also..Your not youre (you're)

Warrior Mom
Waterboy

Post by Warrior Mom »

defender08,Thanks for helping out with my friend Blowhard.He is a hater....and Haters make you famous.LOL

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Folks, I'm going to pull a warrnwarriorfan and put out a plea:

My name is Nick White. I'm the president of the senior class at Warren High School, and I am the leader of the WHS Coliseum Crazies student section. I've got numerous friends involved in everyone of our sporting and extracurricular programs and am an athlete in the fall and spring myself. I have to tell you, our coaches may not read these forums, but the players do. It's no fun to get on here and constantly see people dissing our coaches, our programs, and our parents. This is a talented team: teams don't win 18 games without talent, heart, and leadership. I've loved every minute of watching this team, and I'm so excited to be apart of another trip to the Convo. I really feel like this could be the longest stay we've ever had there.

Please help us show our guys, and everyone else in our athletic program how much we care, and how much we respect the hard work every man or woman on that team puts in every day. It takes a lot of dedication and passion to be a high school athlete today, especially on a team with talent. The players that are filling our bench are soaking in the atmosphere and knowledge. Please don't let them soak in the intense negativity that has popped out on Warren threads this year.

Warrior CC, Diehard fan, Bluemoon, and 339 Tiger, let me tell you something. I walk the halls of WHS every day. Your names come up in conversation in conjunctio with SEOPS all the time. I NEVER see you talked about in a positive light. You have little respect among the students, players, and people who spend time at WHS every day. Your opinions on here do nothing more than attack players and their parents. I can't argue that politics play a role at Warren; they do, just like every other school. Nothing's perfect, and no person is perfect either. If a high school senior can figure that out, I hope you can too. If not, go root for Marietta.

Our student section had a directive from our administration at the beginning of the year. Cheer for Warren, not against the others. I encourage everyone to remember that we're here to support our team, not diss the other. Constructive criticism is one thing on a SEOPS forum, but please, when you step into that Convo tomorrow night, rally behind Big Bad Blue.

I appreciate it so much, and Go Warriors.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

WHSwarrior, very, very well put. I for one am behind you 100%. GO BIG BAD BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO WARRIORS.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Great post Warrior! Goodluck Warren.

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

BRING HOME THE VICTORY FRIDAY NIGHT WARRIORS!!!! GO BIG BAD BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!

BY THE WAY GOOD POST WHSwarrior!!

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Nice post whswarrior, but its obvious you are just a kid and dont really see whats going on at this school. In about 10 years from now lets see and here youre views and i garantee ya they will be different. Coaches at Warren are very destructive to kids minds whether they realize it or not and there has to be a change soon especially in basketball. The only reason that Warren looks good on paper is that the conf. is very weak compared to the last few years. The team this year could not even have won 4 to 5 games this year if they played the teams before the 2009 season. All the coaches talk about how weak this team compared to the past teams and how weak the competition is now. No comparison to the past years.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Well, Diehard, You're right, I am just a kid, but I also realize that
1) I don't make the decisions at Warren
2) my job as a student leader is to support team/players/program/school to the best of my ability

I do so pretty successfully in my opinion. You're entitled to yours, but there is no need to call out coaches and players and trash them. Share an opinion is one thing...and you do not limit yourself to that.

Return to “Boys Basketball”