SE District DII Semi: Washington CH vs. Warren

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: SE District DII Semi: Washington CH vs. Warren

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Congrats Warriors, I'm still a little surprised but that's why you play the game.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Great job Warriors!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Second half was a game of the teams going on runs. Warren broke out to a 10 point lead, and the next thing you know, WCH tied it up (I believe at 37 a piece). Warren went on another run and got a six or seven point lead, then WCH chipped away at it again, but wasn't able to get over the hump.

If Warren hits their fouls shots down the stretch, this most likely would have been a double digit victory for the Warriors. Yet, they made enough of them to win and move on.

I believe that Venham and Cunningham both ended up with 14 points a piece to lead the Warriors. And WCH shot a horrendous percentage from the field, particularly from 3 point land.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Congrats to the Warriors on the win tonight. Need to work on the free throw shooting though. Not sure what the actual percentage was, but i would say it was hovering around 50%. They make their free throws and they beat Athens and WCH by about 10. Tough test next week vs. a very fundamentaly sound Logan Elm squad.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Congrats to the Warriors. This program just flys under the radar screen. All they do is win. Way to represent the SEOAL.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Hardrock21 must be a mind reader or he has a time machine, man he hit the score right on the money with his prediction. Better go buy some lotto tickets quick,lol. Couldn't make it to the game this evening but I quess I missed a good one , I will be at the next game to cheer on our boys from Warren, GO BLUE!

buzzerbeater
Waterboy

Post by buzzerbeater »

Got the opportunity to watch both games at the convo tonight. Great comeback by LE. Also, Warren seems to scrap and fight just enough. They could have just as easily folded but kept their composure throughtout the 4th qtr.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Hardrock21, great pick. buy me some lotto tickets tmrw. Whats the score gonna be next week? The pressure is on u. Congrats WARREN.......Go WARRIORS!!!! The sun will be out tmrw!!!!!!!!!

339 Tiger
Waterboy

Post by 339 Tiger »

Another Great win! Good Job Boys! So glad Courthouse were the worse shooting team Ive seen this year...must have had a really off night to go 18-1? I know Warriors play good defense but they were almost all open shots!
Def need to get it together to win the District Finals, Logan Elm played a 2nd half of defense like the game should be played...wow that was impressive! So fine tune your game Warriors and we could bring home the Title!
Practice this week should be your hardest that you have worked, and hope Maddox will make it that way!
You only have this chance once so make the best out of it! Weakness I seen in Logan Elm is that their big boy is way out of shape. Lets turn Cunningham and Venham lose this game and let them run,run,run! Let them play their style of ball once this year, dont see us competing if we get in a halfcourt game with them.
Better have some offensive support from all around cause they will shut down anyone player that gets hot!
Work on your freethrows harder than ever, make these 2 hour practices worth something more than a social gathering! FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good win 2night but feel fortunate and time to move on! Go BLUE!!!! Its almost baseball season...AMEN!!!!!!!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Warren Local's flashy passing attack, especially in the second half, drew ahs and ohs from the crowd of approximately 6,000 spectators.

Warren seemed in control the whole game, but Court House would not fold and almost pulled it out late as the Warriors missed several free throws down the stretch.

Should be a real barn-burner against Logan Elm next Friday.

Waverly looked a lot tougher than they did when they scrimmaged GAHS back in late November. Guess they had an outstanding player miss that scrimmage due to an injury.

Looked like the Tigers were going to pull off a big upset, but the LE quintet finished strong to advance to next week's district finals.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

I'd say that the LE/WHS game will be anything but a barn burner; the game will be played in a patient, physical pace.

Congrats to Courthouse on a great season and Warren for advancing to the finals!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Great Win tonite Warriors!!! Keep it up so I will have something to look forward to each Friday nite!!! Logan Elm is good, but we are, too. Celebrate this win and then back to the court for practice. Coach Maddox, you're earning your pay this year. Another week to coach!!! Let's GO WARRIORS!!!

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Great win tonight Warriors!!! That upset brew i smelled was sweet tasting!!! Now all the focus is on LE, they are the cream of the crop lately in SE ohio. Its time to crown a new king of the mountain!!!!! FREE THROWS, FREE THROWS, FREE THROWS, AND SOME MORE FREE THROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Warren... 10 8 14 23 -- 55
WC House 6 12 14 19 -- 51

Back and forth game as Warren led 6-2 and 10-6, then WCH goes up 16-14, then Warren 22-18, then WCH 32-30, then 37-37. From there Warren went up 47-37 and held on from there, never losing the lead but having it cut to two twice.

For WCH, Julian Wyatt was a tremendous rebounder, with Fivecoat getting at least 2 of his fouls trying to rebound against him. Stringfield really got hot in the 2nd half with three treys and 13 points. His 2nd trey tied it at 37, and his last one cut it to 47-43 with 2:18 to go.

For Warren, Fivecoat started out both halves right for the Warriors by getting a good play for a lay-up on the first possession of each half. He picked up three fouls the first half, of only four called on Warren(WCH had just 5 called on them). In the 2nd half he and Venham were guarding a WCH driver and fouled him, and it could have gone on either of them, I thought it was on Venham, and it looked like the ref called it on Fivecoat, but they chalked it up to Venham which was a break for Warren in that Fivecoat didn't get his 4th. An 8th player, Hilverding, got in for some good minutes in the first half. Warren's trey shooters, Cunningham and Hastie, both shot air-balls on their first trey atttemps, I think because of the wide expanse of the Convo. Hastie kept shooting and got closer on his two more attempts in the first half, but I think it got him calibrated for the 2nd half, when he mad a big trey in the 4th, scoring 7 in the qtr, and was the only Warren player to go to the line in the 4th and make both ends, and it was on a key one and bonus opportunity with just 38 sec left and Warren up only two. Warren just managed to make enough FTs in the 4th(6/14), including the front end of all three one and bonus situations, and limit the turnovers just enough to not lose their lead. Cunningham made all his FGs from in close and his longest makes of the night were his 4/8 Fts. He'll need to get his outside shooting calibrated for Warren to have much of a chance against Logan Elm. Cunningham made some wonderful assist passes, including one to Ellenwood to tie it at 32 as the clock expired in the 3rd qtr. Ellenwood's 9 points in the 2nd half and Hastie's 7 in the 4th were very big. Venham shot FGs the best I've seen in the three games I've seen Warren play this season(the last 3), as he had 7 deuces and attempted no FTs.

The question is can Warren dispatch their 3rd consecutive 2(or less) loss team to qualify for a regional berth?

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Diehard...that post was sick and inappropriate.
Get the heck off this forum.

bettis36
Waterboy

Post by bettis36 »

A very entertaining game. I thought WCH should have stayed in the 1-3-1 instead of going man but anyway it was good game with an exciting last couple of minutes. Good luck Warren against Logan Elm

Return to “Boys Basketball”