South Webster vs Oak Hill

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Re: South Webster vs Oak Hill

Post by OH_Moose72 »

soc2fan,

A win over Webster on Thursday and the record will show a 20-0 regular season. I'm sure it will mean as much to the team regardless...just the same as it would to you.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Just an opinion...If I were Coach Ater, I would let my JV players (varsity players that don't see much floor time) play this game...I understand the fact that 2nd place is up for grabs...but I also believe in what the movie Talladega Nights says..."If you ain't first, yer last"..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not taking anything away from my Jeeps, as they have had an INCREDIBLE year....but there's no SOC Championship Trophy up for grabs to add to the trophy case in the SWHS hallway...and if we continue to play well, we could make a great tournament run...don't risk injuries unless it's really worth it***

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

dimedrop: couldn't have been said any better. There's no meaningful difference between tying for second or having it outright...nobody will remember next year anyways. But they will remember a deep tourney run, so time to prioritize. Get the younger players some varsity minutes, even if you get drilled.*

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

I think both teams should play their best boys and play to win. That's what the game is about.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Green and So. Webster are playing Friday night @ Webster

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

Moose:
if I thought that it meant the same then I wouldn't have posted what I did.
If the jeeps play hard like they should I could see an upset in the making

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Go ask Coach V at Valley if Webster should play the kids in their normal rotation. One of Valley top 6-7 players, and not to mention their biggest player, Robbie Dywer sprained his ankle in the middle of the 4th quarter against the Burg last Wednesday in a meaningless makeup game. The injury really hurt Valley against Portsmouth's size Friday.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Maybe this game is just "scheduled"... just in case..

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

South Webster plays in the sectional final tonight (Tuesday). Do you really think they will play their starters in "regular season" make-up games on Thursday and Friday night if they win tonight? They cannot risk any of them getting hurt. I am thinking they re-schedule if South Webster keeps winning in the tournament.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:South Webster plays in the sectional final tonight (Tuesday). Do you really think they will play their starters in "regular season" make-up games on Thursday and Friday night if they win tonight? They cannot risk any of them getting hurt. I am thinking they re-schedule if South Webster keeps winning in the tournament.

If they continue on the tourney trail they would be smart to keep re-scheduling the regular season games. Why take a chance on injuries during the one and done portion of the season?

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I agree Hoggy dont see any reason this game couldnt be made up at any time, if I was SW I wouldnt chance it they have a chance to make a good run!!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

where is this game???? oak hill???

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Play it to win it or just forfeit the game. If you don't play to win, why be on the team.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:South Webster plays in the sectional final tonight (Tuesday). Do you really think they will play their starters in "regular season" make-up games on Thursday and Friday night if they win tonight? They cannot risk any of them getting hurt. I am thinking they re-schedule if South Webster keeps winning in the tournament.

I agree. Do you guys really think Norm would be playing this game on Thursday if the Oaks were still in the tourney? Heavens no and rightfully so. I say wait till the Jeeps tourney run is over (not wishing that to be real soon) and then play the game if the league demands it.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

What is ridiculous about this game it is the makeup game from the first week of January. Should have been played a long time ago.

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

I agree with some of the others. Wait until Webster is out of the tourney. They are the type of team that can make a really good run in the postseason. I wouldnt risk injury in this game.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Southern also has a game Thursday evening. Both teams ( Southern and South Webster) are taking risks with their rescheduled games. the Oaks were going to play this game regardless. They wanted to play it in fact because of the long layoff, from a Friday game to waiting until Sunday to play the next game (had they won) They didn't want to have to wait around all week and not play any games, sometimes teams can become rusty if they go for long periods of time without playing. the same goes for South Webster, they have a long time to wait until they play again as well, their District Semi Final game is Tuesday

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Larry Bird wrote:I agree with some of the others. Wait until Webster is out of the tourney. They are the type of team that can make a really good run in the postseason. I wouldnt risk injury in this game.

Should the boys of Oak Hill continue to practice,while S.W.finishes the tourney.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

independent,
I guess that would be up to Norm - he's the man in control of his program.
This game could have and should have been made up long ago, way before the tournament started. This was a game scheduled in January.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

You cant expect Oak Hill to practice for a couple more weeks just for this game if webster is fortunate enough to continue to play in the tournament. Just stupid. Play the game and get it over with. Should have been made up already as a few have already said. But teams suffered because of the might have bad weather cancellation policy.

Return to “Boys Basketball”